The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

JeffB... Great look. I love the thighboots. I have a pair in black patent leather (see my avatar...that's mee wearing them). They have a 5" high heel and are so comfortable. I like the outfit you've chosen to go along with your thighboots. Keep posting, my friend!

I have tried to duplicate that look, but lacking sufficient hair, and the requisite black leather jacket :winkiss: , I have never been able to do it. I did make a try, however, and posted the results in the Mirror Mirror thread. I don’t think that is what you meant when you said, “I might try to duplicate it”, but it was my fun trip into Fantasy Land.

Well, I'll give it a try and see what I can do. Should be fun!

Your comment, “I actually felt, well---sexy” surprised me (no offence). I haven’t experienced that. For me it has just been a fun way to get attention and more recently just a comfortable way to dress.

Upon further review, perhaps "sexy" wasn't quite the right word to have used. That's what I get for trying to be descriptive this early in the morning before my brain fully wakes up. I think that "dynamic" fits better because I felt so strong and emboldened from my outing, from what I was wearing, not to mention pretty damn happy and excited. I just felt so incredibly GOOD that day. Not to worry, I haven't gone overboard.

Caution Thighbootguy on his soapbox:

I realize that you and I (and a few others) have been going off the deep end over how much fun it is to wear thigh boots out in public but it may not be the thing for everyone (if it were there would be more females wearing them). I’m sure there are some reading this that are thinking, “There out of their minds”. Without commenting on the accuracy of that observation, I will suggest that wearing thighboots out and about really does push you to a new level of heeling that requires breaking out of self imposed shells. Aside from the heeling being fun, the breaking of the shell is good for you, at least is has been for me.

I couldn't agree more. Not all of us can wear thigh boots in public as that takes a tremendous amount of courage to go to that level of heeling, perhaps the highest level of heeling (in my mind anyway), but as TBG and I have said, the sense of euphoria that comes from proudly wearing thigh boots in public is incredible. As much as TBG or I try to describe that feeling, it simply isn't possible, at least it isn't for me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great outfit and outing JeffB!!!

And since I haven't been here for a looooooooooooooong time, welcome back after your break.

I have had a pair of 8868 myself and know they are very comfortable.

I have a pair of 8868HS, which are Crothhigh, that I intend to be wearing next week.

(look at http://www.nyttochnytta.se/Erogance/Prod_8868HS_BlackPU.htm)

I planned on going in shorter boots but your story got me thinking in higher terms...

Keep on your stories, we really enjoy them!!

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

I couldn't agree more. Not all of us can wear thigh boots in public as that takes a tremendous amount of courage to go to that level of heeling, perhaps the highest level of heeling (in my mind anyway), but as TBG and I have said, the sense of euphoria that comes from proudly wearing thigh boots in public is incredible. As much as TBG or I try to describe that feeling, it simply isn't possible, at least it isn't for me.

I have not reached that level of courage yet. I have worn my thighboots in public many times, but never on the outside of my pants. As winter approaches, there may come an opportunity to seize the day, so to speak. When I do it, and I will do it, I will let the site know.

thighhighs: Welcome back to you as well. Glad to read that you've enjoyed my public jaunts. If reading my exploits has got you thinking about "higher terms", then, by all means, go for it! roniheels: I fully understand that not of all us have the stones to wear thighboots as they were meant to be worn, but hey, to each their own. While I've worn mine to relatively "secluded" places like bookstores and big box stores, I haven't come close to walking through a mall in them. That would take a special level of courage even I haven't acheived yet. Somewhere down the road, that's my next goal, but I'm not going to rush that objective, it'll come in its own good time, or not at all. I guess the same applies to you as well.

You guys are really trailblazers to the rest of us. What mystifys me is that the girls could be the trailblazers instead of the men as they can wear thighhighs any time they chose, but don't. Or even crouchhighs. How yummy would that be for girl watching? UM-UM!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks, JeffB, I'm of to a party next week with free dresscode and I thought I'd lay heavily on the 'free' part of that. I have no intentions to dress up as a woman. I be wearing the crothboots (outside pants or raher tight shorts maybe, it will get warm) and a suitable jacket on top. I will have to pass by a flowershop on the way so that will be the public outing, the party is only for invited and I know at least half of them from before...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

11/8/2008:

Quite a busy little day for me. It began early as I had to run a couple of errands before my noontime meeting with rxrenesis at King of Prussia. After putting on a navy polo shirt, jeans, off-black kneehighs, the Payless "Kailey" 3 inch heeled black patent pumps and a windbreaker, I left the house. I had never worn the Kailey pumps out, so I figured this was as good a time as any. First stop, the ATM for cash to cover the day's outing, the Kailey pumps were cute and proved comfortable with a satisfying clack on the pavement as I walked, I passed by an older gentlemen on my way to the machine, he looked over his shoulder at me but said nothing. Second stop, the gas station to top off the tank, again, I drew some attention, but no one said anything. Third stop, Rite-Aid for a newspaper, followed by Dunkin' Donuts for a egg & sausage croissant and milk, more stares from other customers, I paid them no mind.

My mall outfit:

Posted Image

Dark brown turttleneck, jeans, brown suede jacket, Payless "Radar" ankle boots

A few hours and a change of outfit later, braving driving rain on the roads, I made it to the mall, crowded with shoppers escaping the rain to meet with rxrenesis who showed up around 12:30 p.m. as he had been delayed by traffic which is always dicey on the westbound Schuykill on a Saturday afternoon. This was quite a special moment for me as this had been the first time I ever met with a fellow male heeler, and rxrenesis was as happy to meet me as I was to meet him. After indulging in beverages at the cafe outside Nordstroms, we went inside to check out their shoe selection. If you've never been in Nordstroms before, be prepared for the sticker shock when you look at their shoes, even though a sale was in progress, the prices were still something on the steep side, and predictably, as is the case with the majority of mainstream stores, size selection effectively ended at around 11 which did me no damn good, but rxrenesis, a size 11 (lucky guy, GGRRRRRR!) found some interesting offerings, most notably a tan colored wedge slip-on with a ribbed sole that he liked and fit him well. I suspect he might return for those shoes.

Afterwards, the two of us did a tour of the mall, wandering in and out of stores to check out shoes we either couldn't afford (like Neiman-Marcus) or could fit into (pretty much everywhere), chatting like old friends about shoes and whatnot the whole time. Even though it was a tad frustrating to gaze at acres and acres of shoes that just didn't work for either of us, including DSW which was a huge waste of time as nothing they had went over size 10. Jeez Louise, c'mon now! Women wear larger sizes than that! In any event, the two of us still had a good time, and while I'm sure we caught a few stares here and there, it was no big deal. All in all, it was a darn good time, one I hope to be able to enjoy again in the future, even if we can't manage to actually buy any shoes! HA!

You look very nice, Jeff. I can't imagine anyone taking a second glance at the way you were dressed. Everything matches so well and the boots don't really standout that much. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You look very nice, Jeff. I can't imagine anyone taking a second glance at the way you were dressed. Everything matches so well and the boots don't really standout that much. :winkiss:

Many thanks for the kind words. I work hard to plan and put together outfits that will make me look my very best. I've always been of the opinion that if you're going to wear high heels in public, then you better make damn sure your entire outfit compliments your shoes. Funny thing is, once upon a time, I didn't much like wearing brown, now I admire the color, perfect for this time of year before winter arrives.

My .02 cents worth. I've been out heeling alone and it was great having company. We had a great time wandering the mall and yes no one even noticed or if they did nothing was said. I did manage to catch a woman taking a peak at us as she looked away quickly.

Here are the wedge shoes I tried in Nordstroms

http://content.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Large/13/_5637433.jpg

Alas I my pockets were not deep enough to get them this outing. I did get a complement on my boots from a woman while we were combing the sale racks at Nordstroms. Jeff even managed to get a picture of the boots. Jeff would you be so kind to post the picture?

We ventured into one store where the salesperson was quite entertained and I got bold and engaged her in conversation. We even returned to the store later for I wanted to try a pair of pumps I saw in our earlier visit. The pumps were only $90 on sale and alas no size 11.

After our parting I made a quick run through Nordstroms Rack finding nothing departed for home.

rx

Great look Jeff :winkiss:!! I hope to get to one of these heeling sessions at some point.

By the by, I am partial to a similar style as you! :nervous:

I was out and about today (in the red convertible with the top down) in Style & Co. black leather ankle boots, (size 11 rxenesis -- LOL), 4" heel with a 1/2 inch platform, jeans and a dark burgundy sweater. First to a hobby show, then to Loew's for some electrical stuff and then across to the next mall for some pizza. The pics aren't great (cell phone) and the pants are longer than they appear as they just graze the top of the toe area.

Unfortunately, my opportunities for heeling are very limited so I make use of them when available.

post-9697-133522872001_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522872009_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522872014_thumb.jpg

post-9697-13352287202_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Bootking: If you've never seen what the "Radar" boots look like, here's a pic:

Posted Image

Positively delightful boots with pointed toes and four inch heels. Enjoy!

Hey Jeff,

I have two like that; one knee high gold python fabric by Colin Stuart (Vickie you know) and a short brown leather ankle pair by Colin Stuart, both with the ubiquitous 4" heel.

Looks good my friend!!!

It's all about the heel!

Sounds like you and rxrenesis had a good meet. Your outfit looks great and I doubt those boots would atttact much attention,outer that sounds. As I have said in previous posts I spent much time Xmas shopping with 4" heeled boots without any strange looks or comments. If you do more shopping at King of Prussia and would like to meet another member just look me up. I live about 1 hour drive away. Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Great outing at King of Prussia! I would have loved to join you guys, but between being busy and under the weather, I just couldn't make the trip. As always, your outfit was great, the boots were hot and your outings keep inspiring!

Style is built from the ground up!

11/29/2008

After a little haitus from heeling (okay, I've been pretty lazy lately), I returned to the public arena yesterday. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket over a black turtleneck and tight gray jeans tucked into my Pleaser Vanity 2013 knee boots. Not bad, eh? After the recent experience wearing my thigh boots, I thought I'd take the knee boots for a spin, and, loopy as I am, I went to a crowded mall in South Jersey (Moorestown Mall) for my little outing.

After arriving at the mall, I took what I now call my traditional ten to fifteen minutes to muster up my courage to get out of the car and head out. Once I did, my first stop was Sears to buy a new wrist watch, crossing the lot to the store, I saw a few turned heads out of the corner of my eye, but I expected that reaction, what with the boots exposed for all to see, not to mention the tight jeans I sported, something folks don't see men wearing these days. Once inside, I casually headed to the jewelry section and spent a good fifteen to twenty minutes looking over the watches before I decided on what I wanted and bought same. All the while, I saw more turned heads, double takes, even some giggles from two teenage girls who walked by. Again, I ignored it all.

After making my purchase, it was off to the food court for lunch. Since it was the day after Black Friday, the mall was predictably packed, even though Moorestown is only a fraction the size of King of Prussia, it was still plenty crowded, and there I was, casually strolling through in my four inch plus heels, not a care in the world. By the by, I saw more than a few girls and women wearing jeans tucked in boots of all kinds, heels, flats, wedges, platforms, Uggs (unfortunately), and I thought I looked just as good in mine as they did in theirs. At the food court, I heard a few more giggles from a group of girls while I ate (Arby's), one of them pointed at me, I grinned and waved back, her face turned red, clearly, she didn't expect me reaction. Call that a little victory.

Leaving the mall, I went to Borders for some magazine shopping. There weren't any turned heads, double takes or giggles, guess that could be chalked up to a more refined clintele. Heh! My final stop of the day was at Best Buy, as usual, I spent an inordinate amount of time there gawking at all the good stuff there, even played games of bowling on the Wii which is pretty damn cool. I might buy one for Christmas. But I digress. After about an hour, I left with a purchase (Cheap Trick's 1978 Budokan concert on DVD) and headed home. All in all, it was a good outing, one made even better by successfully navigating a crowded mall in the outfit I wore. Proof positive that anything is possible if you do it well. My next goal: an outing in heels and a skirt!

Great outing, as always Jeff! Love the boots over the jeans, but the color of the jeans brings the whole thing together. Like you, I haven't made it out much, and for the outings I did have I just haven't gotten around to posting them. I hope you do the skirt and heels. I know its a bold move, but your outings in the over the knee boots and then wearing the boots like you did in your last outing was pretty bold as well. I would like to try a skirt in a more "public" arena myself, but have yet to muster the courage, or at least think of someplace I would like to do it. As always, great outing and enjoy the Cheap Trick DVD....

Style is built from the ground up!

Alright Jeff! Another great outing with full exposure. Wish I could muster up the courage. You look great in that outfit. Looking forward for the next trip although I have no interest myself in skirts. Just don't have the legs and shape. Jim

my6heels: Well, I wouldn't call my outing a "battle", but I found it to have been an interesting skirmish.

HappyFeat: Glad that you enjoyed my outing. I agree that the gray of the jeans contrasted perfectly with just about anything black I wear. However, those pics I displayed did show that I definitely need to lose five to ten pounds. Heh! As for a future outing in a skirt and heels, I've been itching to do that for quite some time now, and it's an itch I just have to scratch sooner or later, just to see what would happen. As for where a man might go in a skirt and heels, well, the bookstore would be a good choice, I did that very thing over the summer, the sedate, quiet environment there would work well. By the by, the Cheap Trick DVD was great!

Jimnj3: Well, not all of us can pull off wearing a skirt. At the risk of sounding like a braggart, but I think I can. One way or another, I'm soon going to find out.

Even though it was a tad frustrating to gaze at acres and acres of shoes that just didn't work for either of us, including DSW which was a huge waste of time as nothing they had went over size 10. Jeez Louise, c'mon now! Women wear larger sizes than that!

So do men :w00t2:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

11/29/2008

At the food court, I heard a few more giggles from a group of girls while I ate (Arby's), one of them pointed at me, I grinned and waved back, her face turned red, clearly, she didn't expect me reaction. Call that a little victory.

No Jeff, not a little victory, a GREAT VICTORY!! KUDOS!!! Now that was quick thinking - she must have felt like such a bonehead (LOL).

I'm (most likely) headed to Pennsylvania in January; maybe we'll meet! Great look by the by.

It's all about the heel!

Jeff,

I must say that this thread about your outings in heels is simply fantastic.

Since I myself spend most of the month at work where heeling isn't an option, the limited time, as well as the time that goes by between public heeling escapades, makes my confidence in wearing heels/skirts in public diminish.

It's funny how the confidence you build up to a point where you gather the courage to wear very feminine looking heels is reduced and that you have to build it up again. I agree with you that it's mainly because each outing is different and can hold positive/negative surprises. However, until today, I've never had any real problems so it's as usual, an inner fear more than anything else.

I'm sure you're an inspiration to the guys here who are making their first clicking steps outside of the safety of their homes in broad view of the public.

You're stories are great to read because you capture the very feeling and thoughts of probably every guy who dares to wear heels in public, from the initial fear of leaving the car, to the exhilaration of walking in heels in public with no care/fear whatsoever.

I can only commend you for willing to show/photograph yourself and show us how your total look makes the great heels you wear simply blend in to give you that "power look" women strive to have. It's the total look that sells your appearance, the heels are merely a component of that total look.

I'm looking forward to reading the next exciting chapter of your adventures Jeff.

Keep up the good work!