heeling and airports

jwhite44

Here in the UK, removing shoes is no longer compulsory, "random" checks are made. I took a chance and wore 4" knee boots. [Cowboy style, but are waay too long and waay too tight to be anything but 'girlie' boots.]

Well, I got pulled, literally. Security wanted my footwear scanned so I had to pull both off in front of MANY people including I suppose people on our plane and maybe our hotel at the resort we were on the way to.

Sadly for us, the flight got scrubbed anyway, and we began what turned into 26 hour journey to get to Spain. :):sad:

Next day, [technically 2 days later] I went through Security wearing flats. Unbelieveably I got yanked again! Chap at the counter couldn't even see my feet so it was actually random. Thankfully I didn't have my 'hard to remove' heels on the second time. Once through though, heels back on straightaway. Barring a short afternoon nap of about an hour (waiting for a second flight while booked into a hotel) I wore those boots for 27 hours of the 28 hour (in total) journey from home to resort. Journey was terrible but wearing those boots for so long was heaven. :winkiss:

Coming back through Security in Spain (Malaga), I thwarted the Security people 3rd time around, by wearing transparent 'jelly' sandals. Then changed into my boots in the Departure lounge for the journey home. Even got picked up from the airport wearing them. :nervous:

Bootking... Great story and especially with a happy ending. I am so happy you received so many compliments on your boots and I'm glad you really didn't get hassled over wearing them on the plane. Congratulations on your success.

Last week I made a flight from Dusseldorf (Germany) to JFK. I wore my kneehigh 3" boots from home and after parking my car, walking to the departures, going through security (not asked to take them off) and boarding the plane, no one even cared about it. On the plane I had an aisle seat and even got a compliment from one of the flight assistants. I complimented her on her pumps too :-) and now comes the part.... She told me that my feet can get a bit swollen during the flight because I was sitting for that long, so she advised me to take off my boots otherwise my feet could get hurt. I told her I might do that, but I was bare footed and was not going to go through my luggage to find a pair of socks. Amazingly she offered me a pair of panty kneehighs which I gladly accepted. Of course I kept them on during the whole flight and transfer to my hotel. So did not want them back. Just a very friendly woman. I did not have a chance to talk about shoes with her during the flight. Hope to see her again on another flight. When returning, I did not wear boots through security, but after security I immedialtely switched and made my flight back without any problems.

Good morning friends,

This is what I was wearing on my airport(s) excursion via Delta Airlines on Wednesday. The first pic shows what some people saw; most saw the second or the fifth. The third pic shows the studs on the leather shaft that I showed the woman next to me on the plane after the compliments. The last pic shows the actual length of the pants over the boots.

post-9697-133522870495_thumb.jpg

post-9697-1335228705_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522870506_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522870507_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522870514_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Bootking: Brilliant! Your pictures were cool as you showed off your boots perfectly during your outing in the skies. More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i remember a fair few years ago (probably around 8 or so), i bought a few pair of heels and stilettos in my hand luggage when I flew interstate for work.... I completely forgotte about the fact of the xray machine when entering through to board the plane..... I remember I got quite embarassed when the decided that they had to open my bag to look through it.... security looked through pull out the heels and put them to the side, did a bit more of a search, didn't ask anything about anything and then said that it's alright..... I was just so embarassed and was wondering what all the other people around me was thinking why I had 3 pair of 4and 5" heels in my bag....

in one international fight, I got in my hand bag a pair of 4.5 stilleto croc leather boots, very nice and classy, but i thought carefully of any scenario, so my boots were well clean on the sole, and i fix a price that i saved from another shoes, and put them in a shoe bag as if they were a gift, so after the x ray, they really thought it was a gift when they oppened the bag, but even if i thought about anything, i got an unforseen problem, i was wearing fishnet stockings, under my pants and socks, .....dont worry... i was not busted....the problem was that during the flight my stocking got stocked between my fingers and got them injured so so bad...even if I went several times to the restroom to fix it, it kept on bothering me, so i had to take them away and relax, I was wondering what would happen if on top of that i decided to put on my boots, most probably i wont be in this hobbie anymore, but can say that every single minute i was thinking when to put on my boots, unfortunatelly no guts, maybe next time. the adrenaline was there all the time

V. Morpho

No shoe removals at all at Heathrow (24th) (terminal 2) or Tenerife (29th). I admit I was in flat brogues and Chris is not happy about public locations (I'm not ready in daytime either). Very few heels above 3" at either location or Madrid (our transfer). 1 lady in possible 5"+ louboutins, her walk was beautiful but she had no figure, quite a let down. Bally had a shop at Heathrow with some very nice stock, Tenerife had a stunning shop, absolutely WOW! most below 4" but colours and styles so so beautiful, Very designer tasty at 60 - 100 euros.

I had an airport experience as well. My wife and I were returning home from our honeymoon. The thrill was that her heels did not fit in and of our baggage, so I strapped them to the outside of my carry-on bag. It was quite a rush getting all sorts of looks, but no comments, from most people, as the shoes were in clear sight hanging from my backpack. :winkiss: