New High Heel Video Website

Simcity3

What's your opinion  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion

Me and a friend is making a new website for High Heel video's. It will be a bit like Youtube exept this will only be for high heel Video's and nothing else. There will be 2 Types of accounts, there will be standard witch can upload video's and Premium Wich can upload + Download Video's. The website is still in a very early production stage so any ideas will be very welcome. If you vote for bad idea then pls post why. Your feedback can help us making it better! Ok. i added a image of how the site looks atm. but there is still tons of work to do with it. we would like if some of you know how to make webpages to come and help us so we can get it online soon. Just aplly in this tread if you are interested.

post-8519-133522869399_thumb.jpg

Just a few questions you may need to consider. How are you planning to add the videos? Do you have the backend scripting for the uploading of vids, and how about a rating system too? What about copyrights, you need to be aware that many people will upload copyrighted material and this will be your problem to deal with. What about bandwidth, and storage space requirements, video is a notorious bandwidth hog, and takes up a lot pf space. PM me if you do need a script as I may be able to find one around on my hard drive.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

It's always a good idea to make a new service in the internet. The worst thing that could happen to you is to quit because you don't have more time/money to keep it up. Considering what you wrote, I don't think it's a good idea to give just "downloads" for the premium visitors since with today's technology it's too easy to bypass any kind of copy protection you include in web pages. Think that if someone can watch something the content is beeing displayed it proves that it has been transmitted from your site to the visitor's computer, of course it will be possible to save the file someway, somehow. Another think is that forbidd someone to share information is contrary to the freedom the internet is founded in, see the popularity of video and photo sharing communities. Of course you want to earn some money with your site but did you discuss your business model with your partners? Have you considered advertising, for example? Google Adwords is nice for a starting site. My .02.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Shyguy. Everything about this is very well planned because we are 2 educated website designers creating it... but if you have some good scrpits your are welcome to send to me. it would be nice to save some time creating it. and for the Copyrigth issue it is very well stated in the upload terms that your responsible for the video's you upload and all the consequences will be stated there too.

It's always a good idea to make a new service in the internet. The worst thing that could happen to you is to quit because you don't have more time/money to keep it up.

Considering what you wrote, I don't think it's a good idea to give just "downloads" for the premium visitors since with today's technology it's too easy to bypass any kind of copy protection you include in web pages. Think that if someone can watch something the content is beeing displayed it proves that it has been transmitted from your site to the visitor's computer, of course it will be possible to save the file someway, somehow.

Another think is that forbidd someone to share information is contrary to the freedom the internet is founded in, see the popularity of video and photo sharing communities.

Of course you want to earn some money with your site but did you discuss your business model with your partners? Have you considered advertising, for example? Google Adwords is nice for a starting site.

My .02.

To get your account upgraded does not need any type of payment's all you need to do is be active on the site. upload some vid's post some comment's. it's done this way so people won't take without giving if you understand what i mean. and so we always can keep the site alive. we haven't decided yet how many comments to post and vid's to upload to get premium but we will soon.

To get your account upgraded does not need any type of payment's all you need to do is be active on the site. upload some vid's post some comment's. it's done this way so people won't take without giving if you understand what i mean. and so we always can keep the site alive. we haven't decided yet how many comments to post and vid's to upload to get premium but we will soon.

That's cool Simcity3!

As our forum here, beeing a good and active member grows your reputation up!

Sorry about my mistake, this is because that "Premium" word is used worldwide as "paying member".

Thanks for the update and good planning around there!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

That's cool Simcity3!

As our forum here, beeing a good and active member grows your reputation up!

Sorry about my mistake, this is because that "Premium" word is used worldwide as "paying member".

Thanks for the update and good planning around there!

No harm done :winkiss: the only way we will get any finances from this site is if people donate.... they can do that i they want to but they won't get any thing for doing it. and also we are making banner spot where shoe sites can get thier banners for a very litlle fee.