golf shoes?

audreyk

I have a co-worker who wants to take me golfing with him and some of his clients (apparently his clients are bad golfers and he wants me there so they don't feel so bad! :winkiss: ). I took golfing lessons before, but that was before I got accustomed to wearing heels all the time. I can stand flat footed, but I can't walk for more than a few minutes in regular flat shoes, and most golf shoes are flat. Most heels and even wedges would look ridiculous out on a golf course. I want to help impress our clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to footwear? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Vector makes a good suggestion and something like that may be your only option. Depending on the golf course, golf shoes may be required. At some of the public links that I have played, you could play barefoot and nobody would care. An no matter what the course no self respecting greens keeper would EVER allow anybody on a course wearing heels. I would assume that if you are on a golf outing with clients conducting business you will be playing at a pretty respectable course, so you are likely stuck in golf shoes or some other flats. That being said, at decent golf courses it is remarkable how little walking you actually have to do. Most of it will be just walking from the cart path to the tees, fairways, and greens. If you walk a course, it could be as much as 10 miles on foot, but with carts you could see as little as half a mile of walking. Your level of discomfort would certainly be minimized if you play only 9 holes. In addition to being half the walking distance, it takes a lot less time - about 3 hours. But I figure you will play 18, have lunch at the turn (a great time to do business) and close your deal on the back 9. So my suggestion is to try to lay up as close to the cart path as possible. :winkiss: As I said before, try Vector's suggestion of lifts. Please post and tell us how your outing goes. I love a good golf story! Good luck!

Style is built from the ground up!

Your level of discomfort would certainly be minimized if you play only 9 holes. In addition to being half the walking distance, it takes a lot less time - about 3 hours. 3 hours?? What you playing with a broom handle?? Sorry no offence meant, I play 18 holes in that time but then again my game isn't that great!

Your level of discomfort would certainly be minimized if you play only 9 holes. In addition to being half the walking distance, it takes a lot less time - about 3 hours.

3 hours?? What you playing with a broom handle??

Sorry no offence meant, I play 18 holes in that time but then again my game isn't that great!

I always walk, never rent a cart. But based on my game, I might as well play with a broom handle.

:winkiss:

Style is built from the ground up!

Many people who wear high heels all the time don't realize this problem can be minimized if not all together avoided. People should rotate heels heights even getting down to wearing flats at some point during the day or during the week so they can avoid having problems. Example 2" one day 4.5" the next 3.5" and then 4" etc. or wear their 5" heels half of the day then switch to a pair of 3" for the rest of the day. But I think if you wear 5 inch stilettos or fetish heels shorting of the tendons is unavoidable and in some cases some activities are just not possible with out some kind of heels or lifts to avoid injury or not taking part in the activity at all. My GF worked at a bank and wore heels all the time. She shortened her tendons and went to the podiatrist for foot and leg pain. The treatment was rolling a tennis ball with her foot to stretch out the tendons, and after that she can still wear heels and flats with out pain. Depending on how much time you have, stretching your tendons may be the best thing so you can wear flats, or tolerate flats longer. But it takes a while to restore flexibility depending how short the tendons have gotten. You might be able to get a shoe repair man to modify a pair of wedges or chunky heels just high enough to provide relief, or I think it's best explain to your co worker that you are going to need the golf cart for the duration, I think that if you talk about it a little people will under stand if not find it sexy. I know for some women wearing heels is a personal thing but some times it's best to suck it up to save you self from a lot of personal grief.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

you can also stand with your heel on top your toe's if you get what i mean. if you stand with the heel of 1 foot on top of the toe's on the other foot it will help against some of the pain but not all and they migth not notice you have a problem.... if done it a couple of times and it really helped you just need to switch between whitch foot is top often