What is your favorite band?

Your old dude! :winkiss:

Just kidding (I saw Foreigner 3 times in concert when they were huge!).

Yes, I am old. And I saw Foreigner twice in concert back in the early eighties. Brian Adams was the opening act at one of the concerts.

The Beatles are my all tmie #1 but I have listened to their back catalogue to death. Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Marillion (Fish Era), Portishead, Tori Amos, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix.... I could go on forever... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

My favorites are mostly old, also: Aerosmith Air Supply Beach Boys (a band?) Beatles BeeGees Cheap Trick Creedence Clearwater Revival ELO Glenn Miller Lynyrd Skynyrd Mike Henebry Orchestra (1930s-40s swing) Oingo Boingo REO Speedwagon Currently Rilo Kiley, but mostly for Jenny, the singer. I like "The Frug" especially.

I'll always love U2, I've seen them 9 times, including three times each during their their last two tours. But I also love heavy metal, although not the extreme metal of the past decade and a half. If I can't discern what they're singing, or even hear anything that does not sound like a normal human voice its not for me. In the past years I've discovered the weird music that is Radiohead by virtue of being in a Radiohead tribute band. I wished I could have seen the Guano Apes from Germany when they were still around, or System of a Down before their de facto breakup. I used to like Metallica until they joined the established after Load/Reload and their lawsuits against Napster. One weird band I've gotten to know well recently are the Excrementory Grindfuckers from Germany. Think lots of beer, playing (or should I say raping) famous mainstream songs in an extreme metal way and absolutely not taking anything seriously.

I'm probably the only homeboy here in the da 'hood who grooves on The Beatles! HA! Followed by, in no particular order: The Rolling Stones The Who Cheap Trick Foreigner Blondie CCR Van Halen (w/David Lee Roth) Queen Duran Duran The Village People (got a problem with that? HA!) Fleetwood Mac Eagles Long live ROCK!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm probably the only homeboy here in the da 'hood who grooves on The Beatles! HA!

Followed by, in no particular order:

The Rolling Stones

The Who

Cheap Trick

Foreigner

Blondie

CCR

Van Halen (w/David Lee Roth)

Queen

Duran Duran

The Village People (got a problem with that? HA!)

Fleetwood Mac

Eagles

Long live ROCK!!

JeffB...

I identify with every one of those groups and have recording of everyone of them, except the Village People (and nothing against them). We are definitely from the same era.

I enjoy many of these bands mentioned here. Good classic rock and roll music beats most of what is out there now. I would say that my favorite band is Stone Temple Pilots. They reunited and returned to touring earlier this year. Their first two albums have a good rock and roll sound. Their third album sounds more like a Beatles album, as I also read this on a few YouTube comments on their music videos, which is OK if you are a Beatles fan.

JeffB...

I identify with every one of those groups and have recording of everyone of them, except the Village People (and nothing against them). We are definitely from the same era.

Great minds think alike! :winkiss:

Does the London Philharmonic count as a band?

Otherwise:

Alice Cooper

Aerosmith

Poison

Beach boys

Beatles

This list could get really long as I listen to a lot of stuff as I usually say Aerosmith to ZZ top and everything in between!

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Does the London Philharmonic count as a band?

Rest assured, with all of the people in the London Philharmonic there is a band in their somewhere.....:winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My favorites are mostly old, also:

Aerosmith

Air Supply

Beach Boys (a band?)

Beatles

BeeGees

Cheap Trick

Creedence Clearwater Revival

ELO

Glenn Miller

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Mike Henebry Orchestra (1930s-40s swing)

Oingo Boingo

REO Speedwagon

Currently Rilo Kiley, but mostly for Jenny, the singer. I like "The Frug" especially.

I know most of these bands are before my time, but I can say that what I've heard these bands are all great! My all time favorite is the first on the list.

I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. Depends on the day, and pretty varied. Just a few that come to mind: The Beatles (probably my all-time favorite) Led Zeppelin U2 The Cars Bad Company Badfinger Foreigner Genesis The Mamas and The Papas Eric Burdon and The Animals Robbie Williams Missing Persons ELO A few confessions: ABBA Milli Vanilli (okay, I can still find videos on Youtube, they aren't that bad!) Herman's Hermits But for some more unusual ones: Benny Goodman Glenn Miller Duke Ellington The Squirrel Nut Zippers (Bet you never heard of them...:winkiss: I thought my sisters were on crack when they told me the name of this group!) Fats Waller Rossini Beethoven Mozart

I like loads of different stuff.

Check out my MySpace site if you don't believe me:----

www.myspace.com/andtheasssawtheangel

I'm currently listening to Alter Bridge (gonna see 'em at Brixton Academy 08.11.08) and Edguy (new CD out soon! :winkiss: )

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Genesis

ABBA

EEK! Forgot all about ABBA and Genesis! D-OH!

The Squirrel Nut Zippers (Bet you never heard of them...:winkiss: I thought my sisters were on crack when they told me the name of this group!)

I've heard of them! The video for "Hell" is a hoot and a half!

My favs vary as to what mood I'm in, so if I list some of the bands I've seen it may be easier for me

Led Zeppelin

Alice Cooper

Queen

Ace

Hawkwind

Greenslade *

Tangerine Dream *

Bad Company

Golden Earring *

Jethro Tull

The Who Yes *

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Chris Deburgh

Caravan *

Black Sabbath

Pink Floyd *

Blue Oyster Cult

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Arthur Brown

Fairport Convention

Thin Lizzy

Steeleye Span

Pink Fairies

The Pretty Things

Motorhead

and so many more

* are probably most played.

Next concert planned is Apocalyptica in December (10th)

Here are my picks: The Cars Van Halen AC/DC Queensryche Stone Temple Pilots Audioslave Led Zeppelin The Beatles Todd Rundgren Metallica The Who Linkin Park Pink Floyd Green Day Extreme The Police Alice Cooper Nirvana Pearl Jam Uriah Heep Alice In Chains Rush I could go on...

But for some more unusual ones:

Benny Goodman

Glenn Miller

Duke Ellington

So glad somebody else appreciates the good old stuff... Incidentally, the UK Glenn Miller Orchestra are playing at the Barbican on NYE. I'm certainly going with my partner and hopefully some friends.

My favourites? It's tough.

Peggy Lee

Slaughter and the Dogs

Duran Duran

(Amongst so many others :w00t2:)

Gotta reply to this post!!! No question, The Beatles are my #1. I have numerous other groups that rate up there (too many to mention) one of which is Glass Harp. Anyone ever heard of them?? For Radiodave-I have heard of the Squirrel Nut Zippers but never heard anything by them.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!