black thigh boots for me...

onlyboots

Onlyboots

How well do they work under your jeans with all of those buckles?...

Work? I was wonder, "How do they fit underneath jeans?" I guess VERY loose fitting really helps.

I love the bottom portion of the boots, definitely cute. Almost a shame to hide those thigh-highs, but I guess at least being to wear them out in public is better than nothing.

Those are some sexy boots. If you can wear them under jeans, that's cool. But why would you want to? The design, the high heels, and the buckles give them character to be shown off. If it's a matter of getting more confident to wear them over your jeans, I understand that.

Onlyboots – Those are nice looking boots but it does seem a shame to keep them hidden. If you are going to let the heel show, go ahead and show off the rest of the boot. Heels worn with jeans that hides the heels gives the impression that you are hiding something. I understand the game of wearing something outside and seeing if you can go unnoticed but that is a difficult game to win when the something is a 5” stiletto heel. I suggest another approach. If you are going to go out wear heels, show them off. Have confidence in your look and make it obvious that you are not trying to hide anything. Folks will respect your confidence! You can see where I’m going with this. - Wear those great looking boots over your jeans. Meet other folks by looking directly in their eye and offering a smile. That tells them your wearing thigh boots wasn’t an accident and that they didn’t catch you doing anything. The first step out is the hardest so make that step somewhere where you feel comfortable but it will be a great step (voice of experience). :winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

...You can see where I’m going with this. - Wear those great looking boots over your jeans. .:winkiss:

While I respect Thighbootguy's opinion, and congratulate him for his ability to be so open in his heel wearing, I think your recommendation to "show them off" is just plain unrealistic.

I think we each have our own boundaries. Being analytical, I'd group heel wearers into roughly 5 groups:

1. fantasizers: these people think about heels, but never want to (or just can't) have any opportunity to wear them

2. private: these people wear their heels strictly in private. Likely mostly at home, could be driving a car, but never in a situation when anyone else would see them in them.

3. public-discreet - those who want to wear their heels in public, but don't want anyone else to know.

4. public-indifferent - these also wear heels in public. While they don't necessarily try to hide them, they aren't blatently showing them off either.

5. exhibitionists - people who wear heels and/or outfits that unless, they're among deaf and blind people, KNOW they are going to get attention. onlyboots wearing these in public (if he did), someone on another thread with 7.5 red platform heels, any guy who wears a skirt with a heel, pretty much knows (and maybe even expects) to get looks (and maybe some comments.

I'm sure members of this site span that range (it would be an interesting poll survey). Among those people, there are probably some people that wish they could move to a different level, while others are perfectly content to stay where they are.

Thighbootguy, I think it's safe to say you are probably a 5:smile: . Myself, up until a week ago I'd call myself a 2, and perfectly content to stay that way. But a Payless puchase and one or two specific HHP threads later, I'm getting close to being a 3, doing exactly as you speculated - wearing some semi-discreet heels (3 3/4" heel black suede ankle boots), and pretty much ground-touching bootcut jeans. At least right now, I'm more than happy to go out in public and have absolutely no one notice me in them.

While posts of positive comments from friendly, outgoing women are tantalizing, it's not worth (for me) the risk of negative comments, looks, or jeers (particularly from teens, some of who have no problems making fun of a quadrapalegic). While there are a lot of people here who might think I'm too hung up on what strangers think of my heel wearing, I'm sure there are others who perhaps envy that I can go into a Payless store, make a purchase, and plan on wearing them in public.

I think recognizing that each person has different boundaries on what they are willing to do, makes for better interaction with them.

I agree with Thighbootguy. For me, having tall boots hidden under jeans almost defeats the purpose of wearing tall boots. You might as well wear ankle boots since they look better under jeans. Tall boots look great with skinny jeans, since the jeans don't often bunch up at the knees. Having visited Italy, I admired seeing several women sporting the jeans in boots look.

I am in the third category. Of course people sometimes notice, but in my experience it is very neutral. Lately a lady in her sixties saw my heels while I was sitting in the tram (when you sit they are more visible) and all she was doing was look a bit pensive at them for a while. It is just that you have to rest your eyes somewhere. No reaction, no funny looks. Nothing. But that doesn't mean I am intentionally going to attract attention. Things are fine this way with me. I guess it is the same as that some people are more quiet than others. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

As I have said in other posts, I don't like boots outside pants. It makes no difference what style of boot it is, pants belong over boots! So BOOTSONLY you go have a great time and tell us all about it. Besides that, BOOTSONLY, you know what is under those pants so just smile and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thrill btw...I think the pant hem should stop just above the top of the foot, not drag the ground and scar the pant leg back. ps. please!! These are my personal prefernces. No one need be offended.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Jwhite44 -

Your right, I’m a 5 on your scale but let me offer another perspective. Lets take heels out of you definitions and just use the generic concept of clothes. If we simply characterize how we dress as very bold to very conservative and ignore other descriptors (including male - female) there is a middle ground that is usually termed casual. Folks that dress casually fall into the third category - they aren’t noticed. Business men/women in suits fall into category four. Tuxedos/formals, stylistic clothing (Amish), miniskirts, thighboots, tight shiny pants, gothic fall into category five. The higher the category the more you are saying, I’M DIFFERENT, LOOK AT ME. The higher the category, the more attention you should expect, male or female.

Part of the mind game I play is wearing stuff that gets attention and then seeing if I can control it. I do that by trying to be as confident as I can, looking people in the eye, speaking to folks, stuff to make it obvious I’m not trying to hide what I’m doing. I enjoy the attention and playing the game. I will admit that I’m exhausted when I return home because while I’m out in my boots, I’m very much ON. There is very little going out and relaxing while I’m wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

You said, “I'm getting close to being a 3, doing exactly as you speculated - wearing some semi-discreet heels (3 3/4" heel black suede ankle boots), and pretty much ground-touching bootcut jeans. At least right now, I'm more than happy to go out in public and have absolutely no one notice me in them.“ As my 102 year old aunt used to say, “Quality work takes time.” I expect you will give level four a try one of these days.

:winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Bootsonly:-) Extremely nice pair of boots and I congradulate you on your wearing them any way that makes you comfortable to do so. Don't forget to let us all in on any looks or comments that you may receive when wearing them out and welcome to the world of high heelers. Enjoy and have fun. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!