Got a nice compliment from a MALE co-worker today

danielp6406

Greetings everyone, I went to work today wearing a red (women's) turtleneck pullover with jeans and HH boots. (Note that it was the first time I was wearing this color) A co-worker came in and said "This is a really nice color, I like it". (Normally, I wear top with darker color like black, dark blue or brown) What a surprise, specially coming from him (He is a very "conservative" guy). Do you think red color is a little bit too "girly" for a man ? (See attached picture) I never saw a man wearing red before...Your opinions are welcome ! Have a nice weekend all :winkiss:

post-14338-133522869014_thumb.jpg

Good look!! I see no problem wearing red. Back in the 80's and earily 90's when I was showing horses western pleasure riding I wore red and pink with my black felt hat and black chapps ( I know here come the jokes) because it looked good on me plus I got attention. If you are happy with the look then go for it.

There is nothing wrong with wearing red. That is a nice little outfit you have put together. I really like your high heel boots. That is so cool that a co-worker complemeted you on you fashion choices. Thank you for sharing the photo with us and hope to hear more from you soon.

Greetings everyone,

I went to work today wearing a red (women's) turtleneck pullover with jeans and HH boots.

(Note that it was the first time I was wearing this color)

A co-worker came in and said "This is a really nice color, I like it".

(Normally, I wear top with darker color like black, dark blue or brown)

What a surprise, specially coming from him (He is a very "conservative" guy).

Do you think red color is a little bit too "girly" for a man ? (See attached picture)

I never saw a man wearing red before...Your opinions are welcome !

Have a nice weekend all :winkiss:

Not really, in my opinion. especially with the boots.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Though they have been rare, I have gotten complements from men before while heeling as well. Hey, its the 21st century and even the straightest guys can be cool about such things. Come on a lot of guys here are pretty conservative (from reading other threads) and they seem to like the idea of a guy on the fashion edge. To answer your question, ABSOLUTELY NOT. There is nothing girly at all about the color red. I wear red a lot myself. Red is bold and exciting. I like your outfit a great deal and complement you on having the confidence to wear heels to work.

Style is built from the ground up!

Thank you all for your positive comments: They are "refreshing" and nice.

Thighbootguy: I argree with you when you say "a couple inches off the waist would look terrific".

Unfortunately a man's body is quite different

compared to a women's: We will never have a thinner waist like they do :sad: .

Unless wearing some type of corset, which is not my "thing" for now. (But maybe one day: who knows ? :winkiss: ) BTW, yesterday I was wearing black jeans with the boots you see on my avatar. I also like them a lot. Both are very comfortable for all day wear :nervous:

You pulled off a great look, and without losing your masculinity in spite of the boots heels being on display. Red isn't my colour, but it also is not a female only colour and, as has been said already, a lot of men wear red. Looking good obviously or your co-worker would probably have said nothing (to you anyway, it would have been said to someone else) keep it up.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

If I ever wear one of my red leather catsuits people always thing I'm doing some kind of elvis impersonation, it never occurs to them that it might be a female catsuit. I often wear red jumpers or tee shirts without any comment at all but I think that it is a little more normal over here in the UK than in the states.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Greetings everyone,

I went to work today wearing a red (women's) turtleneck pullover with jeans and HH boots.

(Note that it was the first time I was wearing this color)

A co-worker came in and said "This is a really nice color, I like it".

(Normally, I wear top with darker color like black, dark blue or brown)

What a surprise, specially coming from him (He is a very "conservative" guy).

Do you think red color is a little bit too "girly" for a man ? (See attached picture)

I never saw a man wearing red before...Your opinions are welcome !

Have a nice weekend all :winkiss:

I don't see any problem with your wearing red. Sweaters, sweatshirts, polo shirts, t-shirts, pullovers, it's no big deal at all for a man to sport red. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Overall, you sported a good look. Big ups to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

As has been said before. There is nothing wrong with a man wearing red above the waist. In fact---Our uniforms at the Science Center where I work were red polo shirts for many years. I must ask you a question. Your co-worker commented on your red sweater, but what does he think about your boots which were obviously showing under your jeans? BTW---I have that same pair of boots. Your whole outfit was well co-ordinated as seen in your pic. Keep up the good work. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn HH :-)

My co-worker already saw me in heels before I was wearing the red shirt.

First time he saw me in heels, he noticed I was taller, looked down, realized

I was wearing heels and said nothing. As stated in my post, the only male co-worker who said something was my boss. He asked me "How can you walk in those" ?

• 1 year later...

Hi Daniel,

This is the first time I saw this thread. That pic is a great casual look and I have red sweaters, polos, T shirts, etc. and I just might wear one today.

Great look (I don't know if I have the same boots but I have a similar pair).

It's all about the heel!

Hi Daniel,

This is the first time I saw this thread. That pic is a great casual look and I have red sweaters, polos, T shirts, etc. and I just might wear one today.

Great look (I don't know if I have the same boots but I have a similar pair).

Hi Bootking and thank you for the nice compliment :chuckle:

My ankle boots are from Spring shoes. The model name is "Fiumicinoa".

You may want to look at the picture below to see if yours are the same.

post-14338-133522896057_thumb.jpg

I also like the look Daniel, great for the office. May I suggest that: 1) Wear a pair of bootcut jeans with those boots. A mans' straight leg jean doesn't work as well as a bootcut pair. 2) Black/black/grey stripe bootcut trousers would also be perfect. 3) a lighter shade of blue jeans would look better with that bright red turtleneck.

Greatings Maximilian :-)

(Welcome back. It's has been a while since your last post...)

Thank you for your great suggestions.

Note that my wardrobe has changed a lot since that picture at the office was taken.

(And I also lost weight so my tops and women's jeans looks and fits much better now)

By reading many posts from members here, I was able to improve my wardrobe a lot.

Thank you all !