Reccommendations for Stockings?!

Jezebel

Hi, I wondered if anyone had specific brands of stockings or nylons which seem to hold up better than others. I know different manufacturers vary in their quality. And we all hate when we get a run in our first night of wearing new stockings! Let me know what brands/types you think are the best!!

So many shoes, so little time...

Because I wear PH under pants 100% of the time, runs don't destroy their usefulness, esp. if "repaired" quickly with nail polish. That said, I have several pairs of light support, reinforced toe Just My Size by Hanes that I have worn countless times for upwards of 3 years. From a woman's point of view (at least a woman fond of dresses) they are too "ragged" to be useful. But for me....And since I like the feel of the nylon/lycra on my legs, when the toes are too uselless to wear anymore, I cut them off, and wear them under my "toe socks", of which I have quite a bunch, Walmart having had a winter clearance sale on very thick well-made glitter toe socks (for women, naturally) at $2 per pair. :(:lol:

I have discovered quite recently that hosiery holds up much better if the toe seam is put on "vertically" from under the big toe overit and along the top of it, instead of laying it "horizontally" over the tips of all the toes together. This is NOT intuitive! :)

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 6 months later...

If you search the cadillac, Wolford stocking and pantyhose are really gorgeous. It's really the cream of the cream. They are really resistant,

the best quality you can get.

http://www.wolford.com

But, a pair of Wolford is really expensive. If you plan to purchase a pair, try to don't run them at the first time you put on.

My favorite brand is DIM. (No website yet.)

They are beautiful, resistant (depend on the series you purchase).

My favorite pantyhose is that brand is DIM DIAM'S voile galbé (20 deniers). I wear also DIM Sublim voile brillant (glossy sheer - 15 deniers) and DIM Sublim vole resistant (tactel - 15 deniers).

They are around 10$ each pair.

Secret pantyhose are cheaper in the price, but offer a good quality

http://www.secretpantyhose.com

Hope this info will help you to purchase a pair of nylon :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, If you wanted something for "everyday wear" and accessiablity is a problem, you can go with one of the major well known brands that are usually found in supermarkets, department stores & drug stores! If you want something alittle more specific, and you don't have alot of time to spare and can't wait for something to be ordered on line, those are some good places to start looking! If you want something light and sheer, I'd recommend that you have a good pedicure and your legs are freshly shaved, so you'll cut down on the problem of runs and snags. And be honest with your size, is also key! If you should happen to find some nice "vintage' stockings, a good pedicure and leg shave should be done, first. And take your time in putting them on, which is most of the battle. jay_nyca1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I must add my two-cents worth for Secrets In Lace http://www.secretsinlace.com They are my Official Sponsors and suppliers of all my FF stockings. I wear Secrets in Lace exclusively because I truly do believe in the value for quality they offer.

They use the finest nylon, flat knit on authentic Full Fashion Machines; treat the finished product with a "super soft" dying solution. For a truly 50's style look and feel, Secrets in Lace is always my number 1 choice.

I must add tho, for pantyhose, Wolford's is also top drawer!

Kay oxxo