Saving big images from net-a-porter.com

Okay people, now let's do something geekish with our browser.

If you go here you'll find a wonderful (and $$$²) pair of boots. Now you can see that if you click on the thumbnails on the left a mid-sized image on the center of the page, and if you click on this an high resolution pic appears on the right of the page.

Ok, what I want to do is saving this big image. I'm trying with firefox with the save complete extension, but when I save the page only one high res image gets saved, and obviously I'd like to save all the high res image of the heels in a page.

Can somebody help me please? I think roz too would be happy to collect such nice photos

TIA,

Marco

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Not quite what you want to do but it works..... For each image that you display in the main box there's a link "View full size image" just below it. This opens a new window with that image. This image can be saved by right clicking the image and saving the file. Or by mousing over the top left corner of the image until a menu bar appears which includes a save icon. Works in IE6, no reason why it shouldn't in Firefox though details may differ.

Yeah, I've seen the link you're talking 'bout, but the image that appears clicking on it is somewhat smaller :winkiss:

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

If I understand you correctly you are trying to save all images at once? Won't happen. You need to save individually and if needed, to change the file name, just add "1" "2" "3" etc, some times each image will have a default name common to all by adding a number it seperates the files without overwriting. The pictures of the boots in the link all have different file names so sorry still got to save 1 at a time Nice boots nice (gulp) price

Yup, I've expressed wrong, you're right I can't save the image all at once. What I can't understand is that with save complete extension when I save the page and then reopen it later while off line I can use the interactive feature of the zoom (hope it's clear what I mean) and I can admire the large pic on the right. That makes me think the full/very high resolution image seen on the right of my screen is somewhere saved on my d*mned hard drive so, why can't I "extract" it?? :winkiss::mecry::nervous::mecry: EDIT: I also use ScrapBook extension to save pages

• 4 weeks later...

I missed this thread because I don't normally look in this part of the forum, but if you want the extra large picture that appears in the box on the right when you mouse over the image, then use Firefox because if you right click on the page and click 'View Page Info' and then click on 'Media' at the top it lists all the images on the page including the super large ones.

I missed this thread because I don't normally look in this part of the forum, but if you want the extra large picture that appears in the box on the right when you mouse over the image, then use Firefox because if you right click on the page and click 'View Page Info' and then click on 'Media' at the top it lists all the images on the page including the super large ones.

OMG you've found the way! It works brilliantly!

Thank you a lot!!