Taking off your heels

Chrissy85

I know that this forum is for girls who love their heels, so I understand that replies may be biased, but I thought I'd post this question anyway. Whenever I've attended wedding receptions or other receptions where the guests are dressed in formal attire, I often see girls (women) removing their shoes, particularly to dance. I personally have never done this. It bothers me for a couple of reasons. First, a girl's appearance when dressed formally is dramatically negatively affected once her shoes are off. I take care in selecting the shoes I wear with a particular dress or skirt as part of my complete appearance. I also don't want guys seeing me without my shoes on because I believe I look better with my heels on. Secondly, it seems odd to me to remove your shoes in a public place when others are present. I know why they are taking off their shoes. It is easier to dance and/or their feet hurt from wearing high heel shoes. It still bothers me. Is anyone else bothered by this?

I have always noticed that for years that at least 50% of ladies take off the shoes at any party when dancing starts. I am too cheap to wreck my stockings and I really cannot dance without the support of heels anyways so that is a moot point for me.

It doesn't bother me but makes me laugh. It is normally just down to their feet hurting, but it makes me chuckle because they care enough about how they look to wear amazing heels, but then on the other hand clearly don't care *that* much if they kick their shoes off and dance with dirty black feet!

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look right and doesn't feel right either. I guess those girls are not used to wear high heels but still try to put them on for such occasions. I would not take off my high heels and not even think of stepping on the dirty dance floor with my bare feet. It is disgusting.:winkiss:

• 1 month later...

I never take my shoes off to dance. Mainly because I wore cheap shoes during my younger years and my feet are now less than beautiful (they have taken a pointy shape). :w00t2: Now I keep my shoes on whenever I am in public. I do not have a personal issue with other women taking their shoes off in public, but I tend to avoid it. Recently I have begun regularly wearing heels again, and I will admit that I am not entirely used to it anymore. That said I have a very formal party this weekend... wish me luck. :lmao:

I don't see a problem with it. I mean, it doesn't really make sense why a person wouldn't just get a comfortable pair of shoes if they're going to dance or something. I imagine if everyone took their shoes off there would be quite a stench though. Not everyone's feet smell like roses.

I don't see a problem with it. I mean, it doesn't really make sense why a person wouldn't just get a comfortable pair of shoes if they're going to dance or something. I imagine if everyone took their shoes off there would be quite a stench though. Not everyone's feet smell like roses.

Lol Eggnog,

Imagine how smelly it would be if it was all guys wearing heels. :thumbsup:

WOW Amanda how could you even say that? Or were you just being funny? The odor of ones feet comes from within the body and the type of cheap shoes they are wearing. I think that if a man is wearing heels that it would be an expensive pair along with him taking good care of his feet. So, i dont think that a mans foot odor would be any stronger than a womans. What i hate the most is when women do not file their feet and then wore sandals...imagine rubbing up against that sand paper in bed! ew

I've been to loads of Christmas parties recently, and I'm amazed how many people do take their shoes off. One of my friends at work has about 100 heels and always looks amazing, but even she was leaving them to the side of the dance floor. Me? Not a chance! I was there in my plumes, although I have to admit I took another pair of Louboutins with me so that I could dance without getting the plumes damaged when dancing.

• 2 months later...

I know that this forum is for girls who love their heels, so I understand that replies may be biased, but I thought I'd post this question anyway.

Whenever I've attended wedding receptions or other receptions where the guests are dressed in formal attire, I often see girls (women) removing their shoes, particularly to dance. I personally have never done this. It bothers me for a couple of reasons. First, a girl's appearance when dressed formally is dramatically negatively affected once her shoes are off. I take care in selecting the shoes I wear with a particular dress or skirt as part of my complete appearance. I also don't want guys seeing me without my shoes on because I believe I look better with my heels on. Secondly, it seems odd to me to remove your shoes in a public place when others are present.

I know why they are taking off their shoes. It is easier to dance and/or their feet hurt from wearing high heel shoes. It still bothers me.

Is anyone else bothered by this?

Even though I know how uncomfortable a bad fitting pair of heels can be, it doesn't make sense to take such care (and money) to buy special shoes to complete an outfit and then toss them aside in the public space of the dance floor.

Let's face it, girls, we buy heels for how they look. If they fit well and are comfortable, that's a bonus. With all the styles and colors available, it's usually a matter of patient shopping to combine the class and comfort. It may take a few more stores, and the style may not be just what we had in mind, but the result will be killer heels that you can wear all night.

Much to my surprise, cheaper heels (think Payless...OMG) sometime fit better than the ones with prices to match the heel height. Selection is limited, but the price and comfort are sometime just what the occasion demands.

Great post. My most comfortable shoes to wear out are either my YSL Tributes (these are seriously comfy shoes), my lower Louboutins (now that I've got the hang of the size that fits me best) and - believe it or not - my New Look shoes. Dune always fit well too actually. I never need to take my shoes off, but I know which ones I can get away with and which ones I can't on a long night out.

of course one point is what roz writes, so it´s about experience and wearing high heels quite often, but still - probably I am weird when writing, I think that cute? Especially if they have nice feet. It is not specially about parties- but even with a gala dress or wedding gown it is not a disturbing contrast in my eyes, quite the reverse. a kind of association knowing that women who wear high heels permanently usually have deformed feet- they for sure would not take their shoes off. and those with healthy feet might. When I see nicely dressed women walking over street barefeet holding their shoes in the hand - I´ve always thought it a kind of sexy. Would not mind doing that either - I DO love walking barefeet as well as on high heels, while high heels is more an aestetic preference for me, barefeet is a kind of sensual. the only thing a little bit irritating me: actually for dancing high heels always are better then without shoes (without heel)? I confess I haven´t ever noticed ladies would take off their shoes for dancing?

Like 24/7 posted, my agreement with my hubby is to only take off my shoes with his permission. If I asked at a party to do so, he would smile and say "absolutely not". I like looking presentable for him and put together. My worst temptation was to slip some 5 inch mules off at a pool party where the other ladies were in wedges or flip flops. Even though hubby was not there, I withstood the aches and kept my shoes on, smiling all the same. ;-)

i see it alot...but i dont know if i can say it "bothers" me. I dont think much of it,lool what ticks me off is when they leave near like the reception table area where people might trip. I never done this before..i dont think its sanitary. i have a fear of touching my bare feet to hardfloors. Also, what if there was a piece of glass on the floor..yikes:speechless: but what boggles my mind is girls who WALK OUTSIDE BAREFOOTED(YES I SEEN THIS BEFORE) not like outside outside...like parking lots and streets! i seen that before. the only way i would be barefooted on concrete is if im chasing someone that ticked me off..when ur angry u dont feel pain..lol. but SERIOUSLY i dont mind it, if my feet start to hurt i sit on a chair and dangle the heel

WOW Amanda how could you even say that? Or were you just being funny? The odor of ones feet comes from within the body and the type of cheap shoes they are wearing. I think that if a man is wearing heels that it would be an expensive pair along with him taking good care of his feet. So, i dont think that a mans foot odor would be any stronger than a womans. What i hate the most is when women do not file their feet and then wore sandals...imagine rubbing up against that sand paper in bed! ew

ohhh NOOOOOOOOOO

thats why they should invest in a pedegg and GET THEM A HOME FOOT CARE REGIMEN!!!

if there is anything i hate seeing is nasty crusty feet and toes.

oh my goodness.

I had this teacher...it was disgusting how her feet look. the backs of the heel were like cracked and ashy !!EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

everyone in the class noticed it.

she has the audacity to paint her nails!

people need to EXFOLIATE THEM BAD BOYS!!

take care of ur feet(as well as the body in general)

but when i see busted feet in nice shoes or busted feet in nailpolish?

im like...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Not jsut weddings.... Went to my company Xmas party...which was formal dress...and I would say that most heels: stayed on during entrance and chatting, during dinner, after dinner, but after the open bar and DJ...they came off for the dancing and at the tables.....

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I never take my heels off . In fact I love dancing with my heels on . I feel so sexy . That's why you should always plan ahead . If you know there's dancing or you might have to stand . You should break in your heels, or find your most comfortable heels to wear . ;-)

I never take my heels off . In fact I love dancing with my heels on . I feel so sexy . That's why you should always plan ahead . If you know there's dancing or you might have to stand . You should break in your heels, or find your most comfortable heels to wear . ;-)

The way heels make you move on the balls of your feet is so graceful. Dancing is such a lovely experience, both the movement and the visual: coordinated partner movements, sexy outfits, flowing skirt, etc. Heels complete the picture for me.

All heels need some breaking in, but the dance floor is not the place. Once I wear new heels around the house, I know which ones to wear for an romantic evening that doesn't have me concentrating on my feet.