World Heel Meet 2009: London, *DATE CHANGE* Saturday Feb. 21 2009

kneehighs

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....... If I remember correctly, didn't kneehighs visit you (Pumps, adm5577 added) in Sweden or somewhere close to your home a couple of years ago? And, didn't you take him for a airplane tour of your venue? If so, I guess I am just a little curious that you, as a good acquaintance of kneehighs, are being so critical of him.........

Ok, now I have read enough on this thread and can not stay quite any longer.

First of all I agree with you Bubba, Tech and with Kneehighs. Although it might have been a good idea of KH to let someone know he wasn't going to show up at the Miller. What Airwolf says I don't even want to waist any letters on......

Secondly I want to correct you slightly. It was me that KH visited some 18 months ago and we took a trip in my airplane. But we did meet up with Pumps in Copenhagen for 1½ day before going to Sweden. I have also visited NYC twice and spent some good times with KH there.

Unfortunately I have seen this kind of thing happen so many times before. A club, a bunch of friends, or whatever like that, manage to keep things together in good spirit for a couple of years and then it goes down because of different opinions about things. After a few years some one else picks it up again and you get a new succesful period of time. And so it goes on and on. I am afraid this is what happened here.

Someone might ask why I didn't show up this year? Well, since my first meet in Amsterdam 2½ year ago, thanks to KH who invited me back then, I have been to 5 or 6 meet I think. The biggest ones in London 2007 & 2008. Now I have come to the point where I wear my heels with enough confidence without being backed up by a group. And this spring I already have several trips planned and I had to say no to some of them, and London was the no-show this time.

So, all the best for future meet but going to Bristol from Scandinavia probably mean going via one of London's airports. If there should be any direct flights they for sure aren't low budget flights and then I think us "hobby" travellers don't go on those.

Personally I am going to Berlin next month and enjoy a very nice city.

Hey guys, I'll give you a sincere apology for not following through on touching base with someone about not being able to attend the meet. The trouble is I have no time on my hands. I was booked back stage at every single show at London Fashion Week...and didn't even make them all. Add to that my other gigs, and I had little time to call Dr. Shoe at home again and again until I reached him. The truth is I did call once, but didn't get through. Anyhow, Bubba is not a bully, Pumps is still a good guy in my mind despite his current anger with me, airwolf is just like a pesky fly that you shoo away, and everyone else here is special in their own way. This meet really marks the end of an era for me. I'm beyond needing group support to encourage my heeling and in my own private life. Sadly, I'm not rich enough to be a pure philanthropist with my time...I'm certainly not hurting financially, but I need to spend my time building a new career for myself that I love. One that gets me out of bed in the morning with a cheer, not with a groan. I honestly wish Dr. Shoe, Heelfan, Firefox, and anyone else the strongest possible vision to take the heelmeets to a new level. Whether that level means more attendees, or a turn for better quality time, it doesn't matter... Long may heel meets live. Ciao.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Both Easyjet and Ryanair fly to and from Bristol... Something I want to say in response to Admirer5577's post is that these heelmeets are organised by people who are already confident enough not to need the heelmeet itself. Kneehighs for example wears heels all the time as does Heelfan who has also organised meets. I myself am an accomplished tranny and quite comfortable walking around in girl mode but I still turn up at the heelmeets and tranny venues to encourage people who are not as confident and experienced as I am. Just when you no longer need the venue, that's when the venue needs you!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Both Easyjet and Ryanair fly to and from Bristol...

Yep, they do. But not from any Scandinavian country. I would have to go to Berlin, or Amsterdam, or Paris for instance to catch their flights.

Something I want to say in response to Admirer5577's post is that these heelmeets are organised by people who are already confident enough not to need the heelmeet itself. Kneehighs for example wears heels all the time as does Heelfan who has also organised meets. I myself am an accomplished tranny and quite comfortable walking around in girl mode but I still turn up at the heelmeets and tranny venues to encourage people who are not as confident and experienced as I am. Just when you no longer need the venue, that's when the venue needs you!

I understand, and agree, with you that the meetings could use us in that matter. But there is a big difference if you live locally to the venue. I'll need to take at least two days vacation, spend around £400 pounds for travel and hotel plus food and club entrance if going clubbing. So £5-600 is a more realistic figure. Next month I am going to Berlin, flight and hotel for 6 days costs me around £ 150, plus food of course but Berlin is WAYYY cheaper than London, although the currency rating between SEK and Pounds is better from my standpoint.

And if I go clubbing back home the entrance is usually free if you come in tranny mode. So one week-end in London equals numerous clubbing nights here.

Sorry, if the cost wasn't an issue I would for sure be at more meetings but reality comes sometimes into the equation. ;-)

Oh yes... it wasn't a comment directed at you specifically because I know you already do a lot it was my way of saying that these functions are organised by the experienced ones to help out the others. I know that cost is a factor, in fact I wouldn't be able to afford to come to Scandinavia or Berlin etc.. much less somewhere like New York or San Francisco as much as I would like to go there, though having said that, saving a tenner a week... That is one reason why I have suggested Bristol. The venue itself comes to us for free with much cheaper catering and you can bring your own drinks. We may be able to get a limited amount of free accommodation too. Added to that, hotels tend to be cheaper than London, in fact just about everything is cheaper...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Now that all the "frustration" has died down about who showed and who didn't. Could we unfortunate ones that sit 1000's of miles away from Brittain get a glimps into the heelmeet with a few pictures of the event? Or didn't the camera show up as well? :-)

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

Hi all,

I'm really sorry I also didnt make it saturday,

I was in teh car on the way back from the bank, heels in a bag in the car, when I got a call from a company i sub contract from to say a crisis had come up, I work for myself and sub-contract from this company and couldn't afford to not take the work

I am sorry.

On a side note, can i just say that this bitching going on, whilst alright for you guys and girls to do could potentially put off anyone who didnt have the courage to hsow up but wants to hear all the good points to what happened that day, not the crap thats going on afterwards. Why not take your arguments elswhere more "appropriately titled" and tell those here that missed it what a good event it was and maybe try and convince them to come along next year?

thats my two cents worth and I know I didnt turn up either and have no rights!

I hope all had a good time.

Maybe next year/time we can meet and I will be there?

BUB

DEAR ALL:

GUYS GUYS GUYS.........

FIRST. PLEASE FINNISH READING THIS POST.

IM SO DISSAPOINTED AND WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING

A SOLUTION ....

I didnt turn up because......(whatever it was the reason i explained many weeks ago)....thats not what i wanted to say ..... by the way im not sorry, im surprised and dissapointed.

This cat fight has to end....and it will end..... NOW.....i AM SO BORED TRYING TO BROWSE FOR feedback of how the HM2009 was, I never assited one......"REASONS" ARE "REASONS"

NOW I WILL SPEAK FOR THE REST OF THE FORUM MEMBER THAT WERE WONDERING TO ASSIST ONE, IF THERE WOULD BE ONE IN THE FUTURE "i hOPE"

I had my budget to assist, long way airflight ticket, time, etc, but for different reasons couldnt make it, at this point I dont know if I was fortunate or unfortunate, since I am reading all this boring argument between the most popular guys of the forum in regards to a inmature issue.

If the next HM will be real then I am scared that most of the time you guys are going to talk about this stupid topic and problem, and make otheres that are tryimng to convince themselves to have the guts meet people that share the same pasion and turning everything in a n argument well i prefer stay home and burn my boots as a symbol of disapointment.

I am not taking any side and wont be part of that of course, but i will invite all of you to please refer to a new thread i will open with the name "Solutions for disagreement and issues of HM 2009"

So if you guys are going to keep the cat fight please do so there so for this thread can only contain stories and adventures during the event, we will really appreciate it.

I am sincerely sending to those who would like to kindly continue fighting there so I and the rest of the comunity would not get bored on reading this thread.

If you think I am rude, you are mistaken. the thing that im not very happy watching people that i was about to meet that are turning this HM into a big dissapointment, I hope not , I really hope I am mistaken, and would love to see that there would be a nother HM.

For me and for many others it is so difficult to decide to go out or not, so imagine how difficult would be even if there are people screwing up even the environment of that, where is the motivation?

It took me many many years to say yes i would like to go if i can, now start over again.

I feel i needed to write in this way with my boots well tighten so you guys can realize that is very much screwed up other things besides the hm and if kneehight thi or airwolf that and whatever!!!, "Potential new atendees for the next one" are very dissapointed to see that, is that the quality of people or of topic we were going to see?

I know that is not like that .....since i pretty much know many of you the way you write you show your talent and the intereting side of you.

Please move on and tell us how thing were there etc (ONLY IN THIS THREAD), what were you wearing etc, buy my motivation back,

TO ALL: CLICK THANKS IF YOU AGREE, AND I HOPE THAT AFTER THIS POST THERE WOULDNT BE ANYTHING RELATED TO THE BORING ARGUMENT.

Cheers to ALL PEACE

V. Morpho