World Heel Meet 2009: London, *DATE CHANGE* Saturday Feb. 21 2009

kneehighs

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've been lurking for a few months and have been tempted by the WHM. I tend to be shy around new people but I thought the fetish club might be interesting too so I've decided why not roll them altogether and do three new things in one day. Jeff

Hi,

I've been lurking for a few months and have been tempted by the WHM. I tend to be shy around new people but I thought the fetish club might be interesting too so I've decided why not roll them altogether and do three new things in one day.

Jeff

Awesome! We look forward to meeting you. Just remember that at The Miller, we have exclusive use of the venue during non-public opening hours, which means our group will be the only people allowed inside the venue from 10:30-17:00. The staff is totally cool with guys in heels. Last year the manager's girfriend took a few group shots of us. As well, one of the waitresses tried on a couple of pairs of Dr. Shoe's thighboots!

And also keep in mind that:

1. it's okay for you to come in flats--we recommend that you bring a pair of heels to change into later, so you are prepared if the desire to change strikes you

2. photos are not compulsory--if you don't want your photo taken, just explicitly tell people, "Please don't take my photo".

See you there.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I have 2 choices now for hotels. I can book a single room for about £55 a night and be on my own or book a twin room at the same hotel as others are staying at which costs about £100 per night. Is there any one else needing a bed for the night? let me know ASAP so that I can book it.

Getting a plane across is another option, then tube into London. However, i rather not go through customs with a suitcase with unusual gear, that all went bad last year at kink9 in Jamaica.....

Any thoughts from peeps in london?

Take the plane. There will be no customs at the airports as you will pass through the EU channel rather than the customs channel when you arrive at the airport. I wouldn't worry about it, it won't be like your experience in Jamaica.

Parking in London is a nightmare and expensive unless you're in the suburbs.

Another option would be to take the train to Lille or Brussels and catch the Eurostar to London. A benefit of this is you won't have to arrive too early at the stations and you'll arrive in the heart of London, convenient to the hotel you choose.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Same here, and if anyone wants do do something earlier on Friday, I was thinking of getting together with Euchrid for that. Oxford Street, Camden, and Canary Wharf/Liverpool Street are all possibilities. (Last two are excellent 5.00pm fashion spotting venues for the well-heeled business women of this world ;-) )

Well then, booked plane, booked hotel near club-rub. In Fri, out Sun. Attending dinner on friday, heel meet on saturday and clubnight later on. Basicly saying, 1 more member comming ;-)

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Just wanted to thank Kneehighs and all of you who makes possible this event, I regret to say that I wont be able to attend, because of biz travel, however I will have fun in Asia, and possibly do a public outing there, if it looks safe and tolerant, at least in Japan and Thailand, I dont Know if in HOng Kong and Taiwan since are my 4 destinations, will tell you later how it went, take pics from the waist down if possible or of all the group. Have fun, to y'all

V. Morpho

Sorry Everyone, I'm so very, very sorry, but I'm suffering a very severe chest infection and it's now obvious (now Thursday, the day before) that I won't be in any shape to attend the Friday dinner or the Saturday Heel-meet. Sorry to let you all down, but my apologies to the organiser, now Kneehighs?. (Kneehighs - I tried answering your PM, but my PM was not accepted as your PM inbox is over-full!) Have a good one all, and so sorry to miss this as I thoroughly enjoyed many previous Heelmeets and the previous World Heelmeets at the Miller too! Hope to see you all on future occasions when I'm in better shape. Cheers, Heelfan Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I get there around 11am with Calv and Xaphod. Dr shoe and The designer was already there. I was wearing my New look heels. It took a little while for the meet to get going but afew more members turned up. I was able to try a on a pair of boots that fitted me and still be able to the zip up. The baffet was ok and by the end of the meeting enough members had turned to pay for it, but there were afew members that I know were in London but were a no show. What happened guys? After last years meet, this meet was alot quieter. I think most members stayed till the end, but a group photo was not taken this year or a meel to goto afterwards. I left with Dr shoe. Who was good enough to me back to the shoe repairers.

Sorry to hear about the turnout.

Three explanations:

First-the economy.

Second-the meet was organized around one particular person's itinerary that involved a last minute date change.

Three-the venue is a little stale. London is a great city, but other locations for future HM's might include Berlin or Amsterdam.

Airwolf

I get there around 11am with Calv and Xaphod. Dr shoe and The designer was already there. I was wearing my New look heels. It took a little while for the meet to get going but afew more members turned up. I was able to try a on a pair of boots that fitted me and still be able to the zip up. The baffet was ok and by the end of the meeting enough members had turned to pay for it, but there were afew members that I know were in London but were a no show. What happened guys? After last years meet, this meet was alot quieter. I think most members stayed till the end, but a group photo was not taken this year or a meel to goto afterwards. I left with Dr shoe. Who was good enough to me back to the shoe repairers.

ideed. We are planning on Bristol next year on the grounds that people who have missed out on the delights of London can still enjoy them before or afterwards.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Indeed. We are planning on Bristol next year on the grounds that people who have missed out on the delights of London can still enjoy them before or afterwards.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sorry to hear about the turnout.

Three explanations:

First-the economy.

Second-the meet was organized around one particular person's itinerary that involved a last minute date change.

Three-the venue is a little stale. London is a great city, but other locations for future HM's might include Berlin or Amsterdam.

Airwolf

...and then didn't even show up!

Well thanks everybody, had a good day food was ok, Did not meet everybody sadly, but had a good chat with old friends, good to catch up, got a parking ticket, but thats life in London. Look forward to next time, all the best from sunny Basingstoke.

life is not a rehearsal

Hi Nigel you have to get a reply from Dr Shoe as he/she had the paper and pen, as I can only vote for Dr shoe, Calv, Firefox, Za whatever, and me. I am sure somebody will reply with a correct head count.

life is not a rehearsal

Airwolf

Or SF or Seattle...

If you've never been to the west coast of the US before, Seattle would be great. Very progressive and accepting, there, and tons to do.

SF has more to do and is more accepting.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Seattle and SF are great.

Manhattan, Washington DC, Toronto, and Montreal also.

These are the best cities in NA for HMs.

Airwolf

Or SF or Seattle...

If you've never been to the west coast of the US before, Seattle would be great. Very progressive and accepting, there, and tons to do.

SF has more to do and is more accepting.