The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

What has happened to Happyfeet I,m patiently waiting for the next installment

That makes two of us! I hope he's okay as he hasn't been around here lately!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The last posters ask the question that I was about to ask and Mickey just ask me if I had heard from Happyfeat and after answering her then I opened this thread. Glad to see that he is O.K. and I'm sure that when he gets time he will be back with us all again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I heard from him last week, very busy with new home, work etc. He appreciated our thinking of him!

Well, I'm glad to have read that HF is okay! Hope he'll be back on the forum soon!

Thanks for all of the concern! It is nice to be missed. I have missed you guys a lot as well and hope to be back to posting regularly again soon. There is a lot of exciting things happening in my life right now and I just haven't had much time to keep up with my postings, pictures, etc. However, I have been getting out a lot recently and think that I have moved to a new level of heeling - one that I never dreamed of! In the last couple months, I shed any vestige of anxiety or concern about wearing heels and my "outings" have simply evolved into another day's activity.

One of my milestones was a few weeks back. I hadn't been out to a club for a long time and decided to put on some heels and head out. I wore a white blazer (yes, white), a blue striped sweater, Lane Bryant trousers with a long inseam, and black patent Nine West pumps. Not only did I go out, I went to a club that I had never visited before - a big club with three dance floors, several bars, and a huge deck. The crowd was young, but friendly. I was greeted with "Hey Tom Seleck," or "Miami Vice" a lot because of the white blazer. For me I wanted to be noticed and it seemed to work well.

Near the end of the evening after walking around the club for some time, a really beautiful girl stopped me. It was quite surprising since she was making out with who I assumed to be her boyfriend. She said, "You have to take me shoe shopping! I love your shoes!" We chatted for a while about shoes (she was wearing a pair of ruby Madden Girl pumps), I turned her onto the Nine West outlet, but the whole time the boyfriend was lingering. I would have taken her number but the didn't even want the appearance of moving in on somebody else's woman. The interaction made me feel really great, however. Really great.

When I left, I stopped at a convenience store on the way home for a beverage. I wound up talking to the clerk, a pretty plus size girl with stunning eyes. While we were chatting, a couple young guys came in and one of them said "Man, those shinny shoes are great!" Now I have two post adolescent guys going crazy over the fact that I was wearing heels. "That's so cool, etc." Eventually, one of them asked me where I got my Rolex. Actually, my watch wasn't a Rolex, it just looks like one...I paid about $200 for it. One of the guys told me to come to the jewelery store where he works the next time I was shopping for a Rolex and he would give me a deal. Needless to say, I was pretty excited that my watch could pass...anyway it was a really fantastic evening.

The next week, I posted this ad on the local Craigslist:

Freestying Man Looking for Shopping Friend - m4wI am an attractive man, intelligent, educated, tall, and sincere who would love to find a female friend who likes to to go shopping, meet for coffee, chat, and just have a nice relaxing trip to the mall, etc. I am an "Freestyler," which is a guy who likes to incorporate women's fashion into my wardrobe - mainly shoes and jeans, but will wear the occasional skirt for fun; otherwise I am completely masculine and make no effort to be anything other than a man. Needless to say I have great confidence and really thrive on doing my own thing. Mostly people are accepting and I actually get few reactions. I make no effort to hide in any way. I have a great sense of fashion and love to hear the opinions of others and will gladly share mine with you. In addition to fashion, I am an attentive listener, love to tease, and am a good friend. I am NOT looking for sex, do NOT have a fetish in any way, but would just love to find a confident female friend to share what I enjoy most - shopping and socializing. I am quite real.

If you are an open minded, confident female who would like a shopping buddy who is honest and knows a thing or two about wardrobe issues, please respond. Age, race, relationship status are all unimportant since friendship transcends all. Please put "Shopping" in the subject line so I can sort the replies from the spam. I will be happy to answer any and all questions from serious replies.

Well, I got a reply from a young woman last week and after a week of trading e-mails we finally met tonight. We met at a Starbucks and set on the patio and chatted for 3 hours. I wore a black suede blazer, white dress shirt, Tommy Hilfiger "Hope" boot cut jeans, black patterned knee highs, and black patent Steve Madden Mary Jane pumps. She didn't wear heels, but we did have a very wonderful interaction. I anticipate we will do it again since she seemed to enjoy it a lot as well. Afterward, I stopped by another Starbucks that I frequent and ran into one of the barristas that I had talked to. She was on a break, setting outside and and I just asked if I could join her for a few minutes. She agreed, we chatted about her applications to graduate school, etc. It was so obvious that I was wearing heels, but other than a couple quick glances under the table, she didn't seem to care.

Again thanks for keeping me in mind and I hope soon to be back posting more often. I do miss my fellow heelers!

Style is built from the ground up!

Nice to hear from you again HF :-)

A great idea you had about putting an add for a shopping partner.

The girl at the bar: Too bad her boyfried was around.

Hoping you will see her again (alone) next time you go back to this bar.

HappyFeat ... Welcome back and congratulations on your great outing and the success from your advetisement. I hope you have a nice relationship with your new-found friend. Please keep us posted on how things transpire.

Happyfeat:-) Good to see that you are back with us again. It s obvious that you were greatly missed. Your last outing and the ad that you posted was terrific for you. Looking forward to viewing more of your posts when time permits. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 4 weeks later...

Now happyfeat i am becoming increasingly concerned with your level of posting & think that you will have to get those fingers punching on that key board a bit more cheers malinheels

Ask and yea shall receive! Here is a sampling of some of my recent adventures:

Monday May 17, 2010 - This summer, in addition to many of my other activities, I have decided to take a tour of several Pittsburgh area shopping centers. This day I started with the Homestead Waterfront area, which is a middle of the road development trying to be upscale. I wore my black sued blazer, gray sateen Geoffrey Bean shirt, white Limited 917 boot cut jeans and black Nine West "Gillman" slingback pumps.

I visited Macy's, where I browsed the 85% off rack for jeans, finding a cute pair of Tommy Hillfiger jeans for $7. After spending nearly an hour browsing the rest of the store and drawing some attention, I passed a young clerk in the juniors section who got a good look at my shoes and did a major double-take. Of course I couldn't let that go, so I went to her register to check out. She never said a word and of course I didn't either, but I could tell her reaction was somewhere between shock and amusement. Afterward I went to the makeup counter, still having the goal of having a salesperson apply makeup on me. I chatted about some of the bonus packs and the clerk told me that I should come back for a free gift in June. I will likely do that.

After Macy's I went to Lane Bryant and looked around. This store isn't terribly friendly, but it is huge. Since I have lost some weight, I am heading out of their demographic, but I an still wear their dresses. I found one that had a nice cut, but a very graphic pattern - it fit nice but was a bit too loud. I have attached a picture of me wearing it. (I love my new iPhone!)

Next I went to Ann Taylor Loft, where I find the staff quite freindly, though they only have one area of fitting rooms, and it is often difficult to try things on. Well, it didn't matter much because their sale items were still a bit more than I wanted to pay, though I did get a couple pair of black leggings for $5 each. The clerk when I was checking out was very nice and chatted me up like I was any other customer...which i found wonderful since I was only spending $10.

Heading back to my car, I passed Ulta, which is kind of like a hair salon and a beauty supply store all rolled into one. I saw a makeup kit for $20 and inquired about it. It had been misspriced and was actually $60. The clerk asked if I knew my colors and I said no. She took me to the high chair right in the window and started applying foundation to me. It was very fun. Though I didn't buy anything, she told me I looked fantastic.

Next, I went to Marshall's and TJMaxx to look at the shoes and found nothing that I liked. A quick stroll around DSW also came up empty. All in all, the experience shopping at the Waterfront is fairly limited but I did have some fun. I would rate it a B.

Thursday May 20, 2010 - The wife and I decided to take a day trip to Niagara Falls. She had a couple days off and it was going to be a very nice day. Though I didn't wear heels for touring the Falls, I did wear a pair of new ballet flats she picked out for me. I wore a yellow seersucker shirt, white JCrew matchstick jeans with my pewter flats. I kind of thought the outfit was inspired by HeelD when I looked at it. Just a word to any guys who think that only heels attract attention...I got many more looks from people in my flats than I ever did in my heels. I know they were pretty obvious, but they still are flats. And I cut my feet pretty ban in them as well. I have posted a full picture, including my head this time. When somebody else takes the picture I don't get that stupefied look that always seems to show up in timer fired pics. How I envy you JeffB!

Monday May 24, 2010 - Another shopping outing. This time to the Galleria of Mount Lebanon, just south of Pittsburgh. I wore sandals, black Nine West "Tomcat" sandals, Limited 917 jeans, a black patterned Claiborne rayon shirt and a khaki linen jacket. I wore the sandals for three reasons: 1) Had to show off the new pedicure 2) it was finally warm here 3) the back of my heels were still cut pretty bad from the ballet flats. I threw on a toe ring for good measure.

The Galleria is a small indoor mall with a few stores and mainly restaurants. The stores tend to cater to an upscale, yet more mature crowd. I never seem to have much luck there. I visited Ann Taylor, Talbots, Chicos, and Cache. All of the clerks were well into and many over their 50's and were friendly but distant. I didn't find anything of interest but browsed each for about 15 minutes. Though the center is fairly close to my home, it is not a good heeling venue. I would rate it a D.

Tuesday May 25, 2010 - Back into a skirt for the first time in months! I finished doing some work to my attic (how many coats of drywall mud can a room take!) took a shower and shaved my legs. The weather was beautiful and I just had to go out. I went to the Outlets at the Meadows first, where I have shopped since they opened. I buy many of my shoes there as well as a few other things and have usually been comfortable there while wearing a skirt.

I went with a "Preppy" look, blue and pink oxford dress shirt, khaki knee length skirt, and blue Bandolino "Sneakpeek" pumps with a moderate heel. My first stop was Nine West. I tried on a few pair of sandals, finding one pair that I adored. I didn't buy today, but I may very soon. As I scoured the store for size 11s, the other customers, who usually either ignore me or are engaging were a bit standoffish in my presence. The clerk, whom I have talked to on many occasions spent most of the time in the store talking to and playing with a customers baby. Of course she did talk to me and was glad to see me.

Afterward I went to Lane Bryant which is becoming awful. I couldn't find any dresses that I liked, and their prices otherwise are very high. Jones New York had nothing and the clerk in the Kasper store wouldn't even look at me. The manager of that store, when she is in is always very helpful and will let me try things on, make recommendations, and has even "zipped me up" in the past. My last stop at the outlets this day was at the Lancome outlet. The manager there has sold me lipstick and she helped me pick out a sale bad with some additional cosmetic items. She is also redoing her home and told me that her partner approaches decorating "like a man." So, I found it interesting that she came out to me. I am not sure what it means, but it was an interesting experience none the less. Though this day was not typical, I have found these outlets to be very accepting of me when I am out and about in heels...or a skirt for that matter. I would rate them a B+, but today was more like a C-.

I have attached the pictures from my outings...Its good to post again!

post-5655-133522914907_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522914912_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522914914_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522914916_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352291492_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Wow, HF, it's been a long time between postings for you, and apparently with good reason! I know you indicated awhile back that you were getting close with a wonderful lady, but married, I wasn't quite expecting yet! I am quite jealous that you found a life mate that enjoys and encourages your fashion sense! Best wishes for a long and happy relationship! It was nice to see some new pictures from you. Can't wait to see the four new pair you bought on your shopping trip. I know you'll need to go cautiously with posting here, but I hope you can continue to grace us with your fine photos of yourself wearing shoes that I can only dream of having the nerve to wear in public. Welcome back, and all the best!

HappyFeat, Great to see ya back here, man! I thought we'd lost ya! Keep posting and congrats on the new mate! Tell us more about her! Anybody that accepts our hobby is special. One of these days maybe we can get together again for some fun shopping. Steve

Greetings Happyfeat :-)

Glad to see you posting again. Nice outings and nice shoes !

I must say I still envy you and JeffB wearing skirts in public.

I bought a denim skirt but I'm not ready to wear it in public yet.

That skirt is so comfortable to wear and light ! (One day soon I hope...)

BTW, no need to cut your head anymore: Yo will save time editing your pictures !

...I did wear a pair of new ballet flats...

And I cut my feet pretty bad in them as well...

I am looking at ballet flats for a long time now but never bought a pair.

Can you tell me why they cut your feet ? Is it because they were too small ?

Your opinion on this will help me choose the right pair...

BTW, it's hard to explain why you got more stares wearing flats than heels !

...She is also redoing her home and told me that her partner approaches decorating "like a man."

...I am not sure what it means...

I think I know what she meant by "decorating like a man" ...

Many (female) friends are saying the same thing about my home decorating.

It means "plain" without a "feminine touch"...

And they are all complaining about the fact I got no flowers or plants.

(I admit I don't have a "green thumb"...)

Welcome back, my friend. I'm very happy for you for having found your special lady. May the two of you live long and prosper. Meanwhile, great looks on your outings, the blazer/white slacks look was very chic, as for that print dress you tried on...wow! Just a wee bit too loud for my liking! HA! As for taking pictures, it's not all too hard, I figure that whatever outfit I'm wearing will only improve my ugly mug, especially when I smile! Double HA! The blouse and skirt look was also very stylish and tasteful for the surroundings you were in. Well done! As for attracting more looks in flats than heels, hmm, I might have to try that myself sometime down the road and see what happens!

Happyfeat:-) Both Mickey and I were surprised that you had married but very happy for both you and your new spouse and hope many years together and a long and happy life. Ain't love grand!!! There you are happily heeling in many outfits everywhere and all of the sudden, BAM!!! There she is, your lady fair. Congrats to you both. Good to see that you are posting again and out and about in your outfits and heels once more. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Glad to have you back with your outings and pictures, HappyFeat. I see from your recent post that you took a day trip up to Niagara Falls. Now your in my neck of the woods. Did you go to the Fashion Outlet Mall when you were in Niagara Falls, I go there to shop occassionally. There are some good stores there to shop in. Keep on posting, I enjoy reading your posts and viewing your pictures. bluejay

Congrats on your marriage HappyFeat! I am looking forward to reading about your new adventures which will now also include your new sidekick. I like the outfit in the first photo the best, something to wear while going to the yacht club.

HF, I apologize for having missed your announcement but belated congratulations to you. My question is which one is it, the shopping friend, the barista, or the lady from the club, or none of the above?