The Board

Super Heels

I was reading some posts on the girls site and because we males cannot post there ( a little bit discriminatory?), whereas they can post here I thought I would bring this little diddie to the mens side. I'm guessing that some of the boards activities and/or determinations as to certain behaviors were brought into question a while back, if these concerns or whatever, were brought to light, what is everyones opinion about the board, and why some members can't reach certain board members. No one is always happy when it comes to polotics. Nice punchlineline Euchrid

I have only been around a few months, but I read that at the time, the board was wide open, the much higher number of men here had swarmed the women's forum and pretty much started dominating that side too. Apparently many of the women started to flee the website, so they felt it was needed to give the women a small safe haven to post here. Lets face it the men out number the women on this board about 5 to 1 (probably much more than that actually). That and men have a lot more to talk about in this forum as well. The reason, is that women can talk pretty openly about shoes to anyone in the open, we have only places like this to be so open about heels, so we do a lot more talking here than the women do. I actually agree with the decision, and don't think you should look at it like its descrimination. There is the "for everyone" section and a good number of other forum sections, that many good discussions occur with both men and women. While women can come post into the men's forum, they dont do it that often really.

I too love the menu, always have the house specialty, jellied 'eels.... Never had any serious issues with the board, Except.... apropos the ladies only area. I do appreciate that with the gents/ladies ratio being what it is, the ladies would not want to be drowned out by the gents invading their area. It would perhaps be an idea within the ladies only area, which we can look in but not reply, for there to be an option for the ladies to opt in or out of a choice 'gents may post a reply'.

Johnieheel:-) TEE!HEE! That's a pip! You hit the nail on the head. Chuckle! You stacked the board well this time. HHboots:-) You explained things very well and with insight in your post. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

HHboots, you are essentially correct. It was roughly 5-6 years ago that HHplace was wide open, anybody could post anywhere. Male postings outnumbered female postings in the girls' forum by a phenomenal amount -- like 8 -10 to 1. The women didn't like it and many left. . .which exacerbated the situation further. Finally the "no guys in the girls' forum" rule was adopted and the situation has improved since. Realistically, we will probably never have a comparatively large female membership here -- heels are just not as interesting to women as they are to we guys. This makes us value those women who do share their perspectives with us that much more. I promote the "no guys" rule as a simple courtesy to a group of members whose input we value. Those unique ladies who join us are worthy of a little courtesy.

Have a happy time!

...Male postings outnumbered female postings in the girls' forum by a phenomenal amount -- like 8 -10 to 1. ..heels are just not as interesting to women as they are to we guys...

Interesting when you think about it: on a high heel discussion board, the male to female ratio is ~10-1 (and probably higher, I'd think a moderator could query the membership stats to confirm). In terms of actual high heel wearing, the female to male ratio is what, 1000-1, 10000-1.

well if the 'board' were not around i think things could get a bit chaotic and many people wouldnt bother any more....especially in the girls section it is good that generally things are kept under control and harmony ensues as for being able to contact people you can always do a p.m. its up to them if they want to reply!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the existence of a "Girls only" thread causes such a fire storm of resentment? Come on guys, No men posting on the "Girls Only" thread is a rule that has been adopted by the executive committee and moderators have instituted and it is the law of hhplace. Now, for my two cents worth, if you can't live with this rule and abide with it, then find another place to board to participate in.:smile: Now, as far as I'm concerned, I do not wish to waste anymore of my time on this subject. (although, I've occasionally, upon occasion, forgotten and posted there, too:redface:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

This by far to me is the absolute happiest, cleanest, most fun and friendly (world wide), web site I have ever encountered and has helped many many men to come to terms that there is nothing wrong with being who you are. Its perfect for both women and men and the "BOARD" works very hard to keep it that way. Keep up the great work guys and gals.:smile:

real men wear heels

Great idea Designer about letting the girls have the opt in or out choice. I think this would work well and sastify qualms about the (discriminatory?) thing Also nice to see your comments Jissue see your comments Johnie heel. I may be wrong but aren't you a member?

Great idea Designer about letting the girls have the opt in or out choice. I think this would work well and sastify qualms about the (discriminatory?) thing

Also nice to see your comments Jissue see your comments Johnie heel. I may be wrong but aren't you a member?

Wife and I are both active and happy members. Heel meet, Canton oh. Oct.18th if your near by. See meeting thread.

real men wear heels

I don't think it's fair that women should be able to post in the guys section so I do it only on very rare occasions. I think the fact that women are able to post freely in the guys section just illustrates how much easier it is to walk on guys than it is to walk on heels. :smile:

Great idea Designer about letting the girls have the opt in or out choice. I think this would work well and sastify qualms about the (discriminatory?) thing

Also nice to see your comments Jissue see your comments Johnie heel. I may be wrong but aren't you a member?

To see why the opt-in thing just wouldn't work, take a look at the poll in for the girls

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/girls/11952-girls_only_how_many_shoes_do_you_own.html

The title clearly states for the girls only, and it's in the girls only forum. Guess what, a male has voted despite the rules, despite the title so do you really think an opt-in opt-out is the answer?

This is why the mods do their best to keep it a girls only forum, even though we take such criticism, and this issue keeps getting raised.

To those who accept and support the rules thank you. :smile:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I think the guys would respect such a move to allow gents comments if specified as allowed, and leave the other posts alone.

Isn't it possible to automatically (i.e by the computer, reading the username) to prevent guys' comments getting on the ladies pages when not allowed?

This will soon prevent the gents who misuse the system from trying...

While it is a good idea, and possible I don't think it's possible without modifying the background script running the site to check if the username is claiming to be male or female. Which leads to the whole are the users really the gender they say argument. In a perfect world the guys could practice self control and none of it would be neccessary.... This has already been gone over so many times, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I, for one, think that the Board is doing a fantastic job of controlling things here and I am quite satisfied to be a member of the best High Heel Forum here. It affords me a lot of enjoyment to be able to post here. Otherwise, I wouldn't be spending my precious time doing so. Since I can only type with two fingers, it is a labor of love and worth it for me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I don't think it's fair that women should be able to post in the guys section

so I do it only on very rare occasions.

I think the fact that women are able to post freely in the guys section just illustrates how much easier it is to walk on guys than it is to walk on heels.

:winkiss:

We are weak.:nervous:

real men wear heels

I agree wholeheartedly we should stay out of the girls pages. In the event of a comment that is relevant to the thread then maybe a polite PM to the writer with the option of posting the comment. Keep it brief! Amanda for example, has posted some good topics over the last week or so, the temptation to reply in a positive vein is very much alive but its a NoGo area lets respect it. At least we guys can read and learn and say thanks by PM (can we post a thanks from the box?) I'm sure it would be appreciated.