New toy

I have been into RC cars and truck for some time now, and always wanted to try a heli.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/EFL/450/EFLH1105-450.jpg

Today may start another new passion, or money pit....lol

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1105

Well, I guess we won't be reading many posts from you on nice days when the weather and wind are good for flying. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

LOL. I havent been posting much as it is. I still come around. Just nothing new has been going on, except this. This was a gift for myself for quitting smoking. Maybe Ican get good enough with it to put a camera on it, and use it to sweep an area, for my first outing,,,,lol:silly:

I have been into RC cars and truck for some time now, and always wanted to try a heli.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/EFL/450/EFLH1105-450.jpg

Today may start another new passion, or money pit....lol

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1105

are you going to wear heels while flying your chopper?:smile:

t-straps are my favorite style.

are you going to wear heels while flying your chopper?:smile:

Im still not up for a public outing as of yet. Maybe if I fly at night in the driveway, but I tried (just the flying not heeling) last nite, and crashed.....lol. I had to grab a flashlight to find the parts. All fixed now and ready to try again. My fix actually made it stronger than it was stock. I really think this is going to be a money pit till I learn it better:silly:. I just have to be patient and take it in small steps( sorta like the first time in heels:w00t2:)

Im still not up for a public outing as of yet. Maybe if I fly at night in the driveway, but I tried (just the flying not heeling) last nite, and crashed.....lol. I had to grab a flashlight to find the parts. All fixed now and ready to try again. My fix actually made it stronger than it was stock. I really think this is going to be a money pit till I learn it better:silly:. I just have to be patient and take it in small steps( sorta like the first time in heels:w00t2:)

That's a good comparison. Also keep practicing in your heels.

Ye gods. Going straight to a helicopter without going via fixed-wing aircraft is a big step. Flying a plane has been likened to balancing a broomstick on one finger, flying a helicopter has been likened to balancing two broomsticks, one on each hand. There's a lot to keep in trim - I can't even manage a helicopter in a flight sim, let alone where "crashing" doesn't just mean "... and reboot the computer". Good luck with it!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the new toy! I have tried airplanes and Helis. I have learned that I am much better with the boats and cars. The general public is also much safer. Get some pictures up of the flights, I will see if I can get some together also. During the winter months we fly in a golf dome after hours. Great fun and the bar is open to make it interesting. Have fun. Jen.

I actually had to bench the Blade heli in favor of a coaxial version. The coaxial one will help me o learn all the basics, and once I get that down to a precise science, I will be getting this bird back up and running. I also have cars and trucks to try to keep up with and keep running....lol

Dependant on the size of your aircraft, we found that by attatching a hoola-hoop to the skids both made the aircraft more stable in the hover at low levels as it made the aircraft less twitchy and less prone to effects of any light breeze, and also if we did have an incident the hoop kept the aircraft in one piece when it touched the ground and also stopped the rotors from touching, this has saved us a small fortune in rebuilds during training flights. Whilst learning, and this does take alot of balls to do, try hovering at a height a little higher than perhaps you feel confident with, so as to eliminate what is called "Ground effect" which makes control of the aircraft close to the ground, condiderably more difficult when hovering. Enjoy.

Dependant on the size of your aircraft, we found that by attatching a hoola-hoop to the skids both made the aircraft more stable in the hover at low levels as it made the aircraft less twitchy and less prone to effects of any light breeze, and also if we did have an incident the hoop kept the aircraft in one piece when it touched the ground and also stopped the rotors from touching, this has saved us a small fortune in rebuilds during training flights. Whilst learning, and this does take alot of balls to do, try hovering at a height a little higher than perhaps you feel confident with, so as to eliminate what is called "Ground effect" which makes control of the aircraft close to the ground, condiderably more difficult when hovering. Enjoy.

Great advice. I have the training gear, but I dont think the bird is powerful enough to lift a hula hoop too....lol

If the Aircraft is too small to lift a Hoola-hoop, then attatch as light as possible wooden batons to the skids in order to increase the Aircrafts "footprint", this will have the same effect as a hoop. Let me know how you get on.