High Heeled Training Diary #50

Laurieheels

Wow. #50. People should feel free to e-mail me about celebratory gifts. And the one year anniversary of the diary *IS* coming up... Monday wasn't a great day, I stayed home sick. So we'll just skip over it. Tuesday! And despite not having been able to fix up the five and a half inch stilettos, I wore them anyway. I was inspired, I guess. Eight hours only, but they held out well. I think I was retaining water that day. Swollen feet made for a better fit, for once. Go figure. Wednesday, I had to wear the five inch black velvets. It just looked better with what I was wearing. Black flared trousers, a white blouse, and a soft grey blazer that really shows off my hips well. It looked better with the velvet finish of the shoes than it did with patent or leather. Thursday was a triumphant day, as I picked up my boots from the repair shop! It was only five dollars for new tips! I just has the man add the hard, hockey puck rubber that is standard in repair shops. Hey, I am a girl on a budget! I wore the boots for quite some time that day, though I lost count at twelve hours. Okay, they are only four inch heels, but they looked really good with my long black skirt. And I practically zoomed around work now that I have my beloved boots back. I was so thrilled that I wore them for the walk home. And the heel tips survived it all! Friday I felt quite lazy. A quick trip to the doctor to find out about some blood tests (everything is good, but they can't tell me that over the phone for some reason). I wore boring shoes for this, and it was a casual day. But there was a quick walk to work as well, so flat shoes were a good way to go. Heels may be easy for me to wear, but not great when speed is required. I did wear my boots to go out that evening. Nothing spectacular, just some grocery shopping. Saturday, a shopping day with my sister, and of course, the boots were the only thing to wear. They do go quite well with jeans. Maybe one day I'll have to get a picture taken. One day. Today being Sunday, I am feeling quite under motivated. I should be doing some tidying, but instead I am typing the diary. Well, there is something important there. Now, I know that I will obsess about my boots now that I can wear them again, but I shuld mention, that I did wear them the day I first went to the car dealership to get my new car. Come to think of it, I wore those boots the first time Chris and I ever met, and went to lunch, and the first time I ever stayed with him for a weekend. So those boots have been a part of many firsts. Maybe this is why I love them so much. Now if I could just get a few pairs of boots with five inch heels, I would be set... and I wouldn't be talking quite so much about the four inch heeled ankle boots. I think I'll wear my boots when I go out to get a Big Gulp later today. That should turn heads down at the 7-11.

...and of course, the boots were the only thing to wear. They do go quite well with jeans. Maybe one day I'll have to get a picture taken.

And it took you how long to figure this out???

When they started putting lycra in denim, it changed everything. And boots...ahh boots. Well, what can I say that you haven't? :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

It didn't take me long to figure it out at all, but it was fun to post it now. Besides, I haven't been able to wear my boots for some time. I can certainly see myself getting into ankle boots in a big way. They are easy for me to walk in, and I think for five and even six inch heels, they would appeal to me. Now to start saving. :lol:

I realize that you are out to please YOU (and maybe the "main squeeze" as well) so I'm way off base here, but I was hoping you'd consider buying more JEANS as well as boots. If you buy cotton/lycra denim, they're not only comfortable, even when they are "skin tight", but they look (the English language doesn't posess a profound enough word for this) as well! :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

And it took you how long to figure this out???

When they started putting lycra in denim, it changed everything. And boots...ahh boots. Well, what can I say that you haven't? :lol:

Have to agree with you on both accounts! Though, lycra in denim is a more recent relevation! You can get snug jeans without feeling like you're in a corset, you don't have to worry about ripping the butt/crotch area when bending down and (this is my favorite) they're wonderful for trying on boots in the store! The stretch makes them super-easy to roll up for putting on & zipping up knee boots. Probably nice for thigh boots too (though I haven't tried this yet).

Doubt this would be a very well accepted look on the street, but lycra-added jeans also roll up really easily. Rolling them up to the knee shows off knee boots really nicely (my wife thinks it looks great), though I haven't yet tried this outside yet.

Have you seen lycra jeans for guys yet? The only pair I have is a pair that was too big for my wife. We were going to return them, but I tried them and like them, so I kept them :-)

Jason

P.S. Anyone know how I can change that "comfy loafer" that appears w/ my posts to something more exciting?

So, buy more jeans, huh? Specific jeans. Both pale blue and black? And buy more boots. It seems so easy. I am sure that by summer, I'll be in a great position to do all of this, and post a few pictures. Seeing as how my jeans have now washed out to a nice colour of faded blue, I think it has potential. I used to wear jeans all of the time, before I decided a whole bag of chips (crisps for you British folk) was a decent snack, and I started my current job. The snack assumption was quite wrong. I will do what I can.

the cracking sound you hear is me walking on eggs here, when i make this suggestion to Chris Hip-Hugger -> HipHugHer :lol: