5 inch jante pumps

trevor

i currently have a pair of jante 5 inch double ankle pumps. i love the sexy feeling when wearing 5 inch pumps but i cant last that long on them. 4 inch heels i find to easy. does anyone know if all 5 inch pumps have the same arch or are there some 5 inch pumps from different manufactures that are made so i would find them easier to walk on? basically for those of you who have different pairs of 5 inch closed toe pumps do you find some easier to walk on?

Why can't you last in them? Is it that your toes are squished, the balls of your feet start aching, or your ankles get sore? 5" heels should be fairly easy to walk in, but you may need to try some padded insoles made for high heels, the gel type are nice :smile:, or the shoes may be just too small for your foot. Once you fix those problems, walk in them as much as possible to strengthen and increase flexibility in your calves and ankles. You can also get a pair with a chunky or thicker heel to aid in balance. Good luck! Give it some time and practice!

• 2 weeks later...

I have walked so long in all of my 5" high heeled pumps that I have no problem at all. My advice is like I have told many others is to practice every day and walk a little while longer each day in your high heels until you get more comfortable in them.

trevor: devab and roniheels advise in an absolute sense is correct - wearing them as much as possible should definitely help. However, if you're unable to get a lot of 'practice' time (for whatever reason), you're not apt to get much relief for the times you do want to wear you heels. I have an almost 5" heel stiletto pump that I'd like to be able to walk in better, but I can't easily get 'wear time' to make that happen.

Are these the heels you have:

http://www.jante.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=222

One idea I had was that if you got a shoe that had a mini-platform, that could help. A 1/2" platform drops the effective heel height to maybe 4 1/2", I think that 1/2" lower height can make a big difference on comfort. Though not on the jante site, I've seem other pumps and have mini-platforms, even some shoes that advertise hidden platforms. It's an option you may want to consider.

• 5 months later...

i currently have a pair of jante 5 inch double ankle pumps. i love the sexy feeling when wearing 5 inch pumps but i cant last that long on them. 4 inch heels i find to easy. does anyone know if all 5 inch pumps have the same arch or are there some 5 inch pumps from different manufactures that are made so i would find them easier to walk on? basically for those of you who have different pairs of 5 inch closed toe pumps do you find some easier to walk on?

I find that 5" inch pumps with a slight platform are easier to walk in than traditional non-platform pumps. I own numerous pairs of Jante and consider them pretty walkable compared to some other brands. Of course, practice is everything when it comes to walking in pumps. 5" pumps are easy for me now.

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a pair of Jante 5" sandals with a 3/4" clear plastic platform. I found these to be _far_ more comfortable in the ball of the foot than any other 4"/5" pumps or sandals that I have worn. I have model 63805 which has a series of lateral walls inside the platform. I thought the clear plastic plus the visibility of these walls looked kind of cheesy. But when I looked more closely, I realized that the reason these shoes felt so comfortable was because the insole was supported by these hollow compartments instead of pressing down directly against a hard and flat support as with a regular pump/sandal. Thus the insole is suspended over empty chambers and has a bit of give to avoid pressure points while still providing firm support. This feels far better than gel pads, which tend to go squishy and make you feel like your foot is slipping around inside the shoe. Next time in I'm US I'll have to check out some of the Jante 5" pumps... I too find 4" heels too easy since I wear large sizes.

Hello, I have had 5-inch pumps from Jante, Pleaser, Sexy Shoes, and Ellie. I found that the Jante pumps seem to have a steeper arch than the other brands. In my profile picture you can see the Ellie pumps that I wore out for seven hours on Halloween (my wife and I both went as French Maids) and it was probably three or four hours before I started to hurt. Side note - It was kind of cool because there were a few gals that kept checking in on me to see if my feet were killing me yet. Wear a pair of serious heels well to a big Halloween party and you will have a lot of positive attention from gals. Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!