Another nice day in high heels

roniheels

I finally got a day off of work and a day to myself. I decided to spend the day out-and-about in my favorite high heels. I wore a pair of black slacks, black pantyhose, balck t-shirt, charcoal gray sport coat, and my favorite pair of ellie black patent leather pumps with 5" stiletto high heels. I went through my regular day off routine but I went to some different places. I went to a very busy news stand and bought a newspaper. Everyone there looked at my high heels and just smiled. No whispers, comments or chuckles. I had to get gas for my car so I went to a very busy convenient store and paid for my gas. The attendant took my money, looked at my high heels, and just smiled. Again, nothing negative. I went to starbucks for a cup of coffee and there were many men and women in there. As I got my coffee and left, all were looking at my high heels and once again, smiles and good morning greetings...nothing more. I went to the park to read my paper and drink my coffee. A woman came up to me and complemented me on my high heels. She asked if I ever got harassed for wearing high heels. I told her a couple of times I avoided confrontation, but for the most part, I've gotten positive or no feedback. I went to a used bookstore looking for some of the original Ian Fleming James Bond novels. The woman who owns the store helped me find a couple that she had in stock and she kept looking at my high heels and just kept smiling at me, but no comments. I went to Payless Shoes and bought a pair of black patent leather shoe/boots with a 4" high heel. I put them on and left them on the rest of the day. I did put them on after I left the store. The young female clerk seemed uncomfortable with me buying them. I posted a picture of these shoes on another thread. I went to a few other shoe stores but did not have luck finding my size in some high heels that I liked. So I went to my favorite exotic boutique and ordered a pair of 6" stiletto high heels that will be here next week. I had to take care of some banking business and walked into the bank in my new high heels. Again looks, no comments, and just smiles. The female teller complemented me on my shoes and asked me where I got them. I had lunch at a nice resteraunt and the waiter asked me about my high heels and if I got any negative comments. I couldn't tell if he liked me wearing them or not, but for the most part he was cordial. I went to the public library to to browse and see what was new. Again, many looks, some funny looks, but no confrontation or negative comments or snickers. The librarian was very nice to me as I checked out with my books, CDs, and movies. There was an exhibit along the river and I decided to go see it. As people looked at my high heels, I decided to start some conversations with them about the exhibits. Everyone was friendly and nothing negative was said to me. I finally made it home and I am still wearing my new, very comfortable high heels. This was nothing special, but just a fun day out on the town in my high heels that I wanted to share with everyone.

A fantastic day! As for it being nothing special, from my perspective you had a very special day. When I go out, I usually have no more than one or two interactions with people, but you seem to be quite approachable. You are a true ambassador for all of us!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for relating your experiences for us all to read Roniheels. It's always encouraging to read about the positive experiences others have, and yours sounds like a very positive outing. As HappyFeat said a true ambassador for all of us male heel wearers, and an inspiration for those of us still not out in public.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Roniheels has given us a great account of what you can do if you wear your heels with confidence. The confidence comes from being comfortable with the look you are presenting to the rest of the world. Wearing heels in public attracts attention (whether worn by men or women). You have to be comfortable receiving that attention. Roniheels has given us a wonderful example of how it should be done. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

roniheels: Wow! What a fabulous outing. I read everything with great delight, about how you went where you wanted, did what you wanted and had a great time to boot. Color me greatly impressed! You are one of best ambassadors, showing the world how a man can wear women's heels with style and class. More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my thread. You are all making me feel and sound like a crusader for the cause. But I am simply one person who simply dresses the way I want and wears high heels with what I wear and tell the world, "this is me and how I like to be. Take me or leave me, and cudos to you and your state of being." What I got out of my outing this past Thursday was that people don't make a big deal out of seeing me in high heels. They might be thinking something (body language), but every single person is polite to me. Maybe with all of the different fashion trends these days, people are thinking, "live and let live." Thanks again to one and all for your feedback.

What I got out of my outing this past Thursday was that people don't make a big deal out of seeing me in high heels. They might be thinking something (body language), but every single person is polite to me.

Quite right! An important facet involved in the concept of men wearing high heels in public is that you absolutely HAVE to both act and feel confident, perhaps even bold or cocky when out and about, like you belong there just like everyone else. I can't stress that enough. If you project an image of someone confident in his own skin while wearing shoes associated with the opposite gender, then people will have no reason to think you're odd or anything like that. It's when you act furtive, skittish or nervous of the world around is when people take notice and invariably ask what's wrong with this picture. If you don't make a big deal of whatever you're wearing by your actions, then no one else will either.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Quite right! An important facet involved in the concept of men wearing high heels in public is that you absolutely HAVE to both act and feel confident, perhaps even bold or cocky when out and about, like you belong there just like everyone else. I can't stress that enough. If you project an image of someone confident in his own skin while wearing shoes associated with the opposite gender, then people will have no reason to think you're odd or anything like that. It's when you act furtive, skittish or nervous of the world around is when people take notice and invariably ask what's wrong with this picture. If you don't make a big deal of whatever you're wearing by your actions, then no one else will either.

Yes, yes, yes. You have hit the nail on the head. Confidence and self esteem while wearing high heels in public is so important.

JeffB, I know you speak from experience and I and all of the other readers appreciate your feedback.

roniheels, WELL DONE! You must just had a GREAT day out in your high heels. Congartulate! Well done. Also my boyfreind like to say a few words too you. My boyfreind, -Wow, well done roniheels! I bet you was having a great time out in your heels, feeling good. Nice outfit too. I would say I had pretty much the same experiance as you had wearing high heels. Many looks, a few smiles ( mostly freindly ones), a few laughs but so far not so many negative reactions. Men mostly just looks at me, in my heels, in my skirt. So far I had not heard a guy saying something about me, my heels or my skirt. Not infront of me, they haven´t said a word. Most men don´t say anything weather is positive or negative. They seemes not being totaly comfortable seeing my dressed as a woman from my waist down. Guess you´re right about this love. Had the sam feeling the same experiance as you have when I started with this, living as a woman. Guess roniheels and the rest of the guys here feeling a bit the same. My boyfreind, -Yeah you´re right honey. Guys doesen´t seems to want to talk about this, women though seemes to want too. Me I´ve got more comments from other women about my heels, my skirts, my outfit. They seemes more open about it, speaking more openly about it and me too, I feel more relaxed talking about my high heels, me wearing new heels or a new skirt to other women then I do if I should ever speak about this to a man. Thats right love. Guess its just women, well most women are interested in clothes, shoes, fashion, that kind of things and then, seeing a man wearing hose, high heels, perhaps a skirt too. Well most women thinks, "Hey here´s a man wearing high heels, he´s a bit like me, a bit like us. He knows what it takes wearing high heels. He´s not afraid or caring about what others might say or think." To me its very brave, very cool and yes, sexy too. My boyfreind, -roniheels, I bet you had a fun day out, a fantastic day out in your high heels. Me was wearing a skirt and heels all weekend, was great you know, feeling so good, the same as you. Thanks roniheels for sharing with us and good luck!