Ballet Heels

Jezebel

What do you feel about ballet heels?  

562 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel about ballet heels?

• I love them and wear them!
    • I like how they look on others but don't wear them myself.
    • I don't really care for them.

Congatulations on your bboot purchase. I have had the 1025s for a year and 1/2 now. I genurally walk/practice with them on 3 times a week. 1 word of caution though THEY ARE ADDICTIVE. Also make shure you use some good toe padding and take your time working up to wearing them for a long length of time. Welcome to life on your toes. Dr Who 3

Also make shure you use some good toe padding and take your time working up to wearing them for a long length of time.

Welcome to life on your toes.

Dr Who 3

What toe padding would you recommend?

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

Before I got mine I looked around at reviews, videos and other postings. No local store closer then 3 hours drive would have any. I got 1 pair Devious size 8 which have an actual 8" heel measured from the round of the heel. And got 1 pair Punitive, which measure around 6.9" The widely suggested are actualy the older ones which the TLSB and Devious look like...but the TLSB can be stood/walked with out shorterning the heel, but alas TLSB went out of business well before I ventured they thought of getting them. ALL the other sites that have them is just the Pleaser/Devious ones. Leaving Punitive about the best and only place for online stores. From looking at the videos posted other then the LONG time fetish wearers it's only Deviuos or Punitive in them. As for the videos of people gracfuly walking it's the Punitive...not so gracefully the Devious. If looking for just boundage wear...go cheap and get the Devious. If looking to walk in them, expect to spend at least $300.

Before I got mine I looked around at reviews, videos and other postings. No local store closer then 3 hours drive would have any. I got 1 pair Devious size 8 which have an actual 8" heel measured from the round of the heel. And got 1 pair Punitive, which measure around 6.9"

The widely suggested are actualy the older ones which the TLSB and Devious look like...but the TLSB can be stood/walked with out shorterning the heel, but alas TLSB went out of business well before I ventured they thought of getting them. ALL the other sites that have them is just the Pleaser/Devious ones. Leaving Punitive about the best and only place for online stores.

From looking at the videos posted other then the LONG time fetish wearers it's only Deviuos or Punitive in them. As for the videos of people gracfuly walking it's the Punitive...not so gracefully the Devious.

If looking for just boundage wear...go cheap and get the Devious. If looking to walk in them, expect to spend at least $300.

I have recently had bought for me a number of Ballet Heels made in Austria by 'Redheel'. I have Thighboots, Kneeboots, Ankle boots and Shoes in Black, Red - and White (shown below).

Although they are well made and look wonderful - the materials (PU Leather) and the toe-box are too flimsy to stand walking in for too long before they crease.

post-1866-133522882361_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522882334_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522882341_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522882349_thumb.jpg

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have recently had bought for me a number of Ballet Heels made in Austria by 'Redheel'. I have Thighboots, Kneeboots, Ankle boots and Shoes in Black, Red - and White (shown below).

Although they are well made and look wonderful - the materials (PU Leather) and the toe-box are too flimsy to stand walking in for too long before they crease.

[ATTACH]5928[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5929[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5930[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5931[/ATTACH]

They are amazing :winkiss:

I don't seem to be able to find a website for or sells shoes by Redheel.

can you pont me in the right direction?

Big D

Go to EBay Germany (possibly sometimes on Ebay UK) - and Search for Ebay Shops:

'HowCool-4U'

'ereosde'

'Ruby-Fashion'

'Schuh-Citycom'

They all carry ballet heels from Redheel.

Hope this helps..

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I've never worn ballet *boots*, but if you go to a ballet supply store, they sell little sort of lamb's-fleece-y toe pads that are U-shaped and cover just around the toes and they make a HUGE difference. I can no longer fit into my old pointe shoes with the pads in them so I decided one day to try them on anyway without the pads and it was a HUGE difference - it was so much harder on the joints in my toes and I only lasted a few seconds. I would imagine it's the same with the boots. I've also seen gel pads, though I don't think I would use those under the toes - but they make them to go around the top of the toe joints and ankle-area. They use them in ice skating boots - another *very* fitted boot.

• 2 weeks later...

The main problem with just about *all* of the ballet boots out there is not that the heel is too long (though that is sometimes a factor), but more that the sole is not arched enough.

On most Ballet Boots the sole is a straight line for most of the foot length, and this puts a lot more strain on the ankle as it has to bend at a much bigger angle.

For most people, they can't bend their ankle enough and this throws them forwards. The extra unwanted heel length on some models makes the problem worse.

Shortening the heel does not fully fix the problem.

Have a look at the angle of the foot and the change from toe to heel in this video and compare this with the angle obtained by most Ballet Boot wearers:

(especially at 5:10 or thereabouts).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jo I haven't found any mfg. out there that makes bboots/shoes with the curved arch like real point shoes. When I buy another pair of bboots I'll experiment with my old ones and try to make the soles more arched. It will be a while as my boots are in good shape and I haven't decided what size to buy. Dr Who 3

i have some ballet heeled boots which i just love. i bought them from an english site last year. i wear them as often as i can, but only indoors. its too light outside now. even at night. im really glad i bought them. get yourself some, and learn to walk in them. its great fun. by the way im now a pensioner. so dont worry about your age, just go for it and have some fun. when you a pair come back to me. i have some tips for you about wearing ballet boots to make them comfortable. good luck. hi ther. i bought my ballet boots from an english site called nitelife. they had to get my boots from america, and i bought them last year. they cost £170 from that company, and they are still very wearable. i love walking in mine. even though its still not very easy. stil with a bit more practise i might manage to walk a bit more like those models you see on you tube. with any luck. i bought mine around october to november last year. best of luck with yours. and keep on trying. mine are thigh lengthm with quick laces and zips. i have laced mine up and as i was lacing them i flattened the qiuck lace fixings with a pair of plyers. now all i have to do is put them on and pull up the zips. good luck. dont give up . i havent its just good fun trying all the time. it just gets better each time you try to walk at all. even if you have to hold on to things. just keep in trying. dont cut anything off the heel. just place your boot on a level flat surface, and hold it there. now get something which has a 90 degree angle on it like a hard back book. now offer the back of the book up to the boot, and see how much from the verticle the boot is standing. now slowly tip the boot backwards towards the book. now measure the gap under the front of the boot. note it down on paper. all you have to do now is find something which will fit under that gap and glue it in place to the front of the toe box. preferably black hard rubber. it will stick to the front of your toe box. thats what i did and it works a treat. try it and let me know how you get on.

I think i'd to try them out just once to see how they feel and like to walk in but i've never really wanted to own any.

Yeah. I always keep getting to the point where I'm about to buy them, but then I realize it's 100+ dollars for a pair of heels Im going to wear not a lot. So it's tough for me to do that when 100 dollars is A LOT to me.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

i love the look of ballet heels but havent tried to buy any yet, im working on training/stretching my tendons gradually so i can wear heels of all heights and still be able to wear flat shoes when necessary.

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

I was just looking At the pictures of Jennia on the ballet-heel.com site and I noticed that in on of the pictures the arch of her boots are very near the arch of ballet point shoes as seen in one of the posts in this topic. I don't think the boots were modified but from normal wear it appears that the sole of the boots become more flexable and her foot bent in the pointe position pulls the boots into the pointe position as well. I don't think the heels were cut shorter in these pictures either. Any comments out there? Dr Who 3

• 1 month later...

I have finally been able to make a video of me in my ballet boots walking. I haven't been able to send the video to hhplace.org so if anyone is intrested you will have to go to youtube and look for my video by bsss5h. Please leave a comment. If someone reading this could tell me how to send pics and video to this site please let me know on my private message area. I hope you enjoy the video. Dr Who 3 ;)

If youtube has a way to search by user, I've never found it. Searching for bsss5h yields a bunch of videos with bssa in the title. So, please give us a link, the title, or tell me where the secret search by member is located.

Thanks Jim C for up loading( I think that is the term) my video on hhplace. As I have stated before I'm really lame at this computer stuff and I'm very happy that I can finally share my experience with you-all. I hope to show pics. of where I started with my home made bboots and some drawing of ideas I have for this kind of foot fashion. Thanks again for you help. Dr Who 3

Hi Vector Thanks for the comment. This bboot stuff isin't that hard if you work at it and you have a good sence of balance. I think it takes work and a good sence of balance to walk in high heels any way. Determination helps also. Dr Who 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well I shouldn't have looked at Imeldas' blog and see the bboots She showes in the Imelda chat video. The space between the heel and sole of 2 of her boots made the sole have a more arched shape to it and I was bitten. I have gone back to work cutting the gusset and bending the sole closer to the heels ( easier said than done). I have replaced everything back the way it was except I closed the space a good 3/4" to 1" from what it was. This took some engineering skill. I have also narrowed the heel to 1/4" round instead of 5/8" wide and lengithened out the heels by welding more round stock to the shaft that was on the bboots before I srtarted the first mods. I was going to make the gusset out of steel and weld everything up and glass the gusset to the soles but I went back to the fiberglass build up as before. (I tried walking with the steel heel and it was intresting but nerve racking because the heel wanted to slide on any thing but rough concrete vinyl tile was like ice skating.) I tried to walk in the bboots with these mods and It was torture to my thighs because I had to keep my legs really bent I couldn't stand up straight or I would fall forward. ( I don't know how the Ladies do it ) so I decided to cut the heel shorter and learn to walk on the narrow round heel ( a real challeng for me) but all in all I think I can adjust and be walking like the ladies soon. ( not ever as good as Pata, Michieal heel 2 or Imelda but I'm getting close). The bboots have a different look to them but not as much as I had hoped however I can always cut the gusset and bend the soles closer. With the stance in the bboots a total of 3-3/4" from the front tip of the sole toe box to the bacdsk of the heel tip. I tend to pitch forward when I walk in them so I'm learning to adjust to the new experience. I must hand it to the Ladies to be able to walk gracefull in ultra high heels is quite a feet. Thanks for your comments Jim C. and I will probablly need your help with a link to my new video of these mods and me walking in the future. Dr Who 3