Ballet Heels

Jezebel

What do you feel about ballet heels?  

562 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel about ballet heels?

• I love them and wear them!
    • I like how they look on others but don't wear them myself.
    • I don't really care for them.

• 2 months later...

Once I saw the picture, I just knew I had to post here.

http://www.imakebootsngloves.com/albums/album_image/7245355/6241273.htm

With a couple of other photos within the album as well, none of her standing nor with her feet touching the very toe of the boot. Only if they're walkable... the guy must have skill!

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally bought a pair of Ballet Boots! I have always liked the way they look but never saw myself buying a pair let alone standing up in them. I now wonder why it took me this long to buy a pair, I simply love them!!!

post-19575-133522958923_thumb.jpg

post-19575-133522958942_thumb.jpg

post-19575-133522958963_thumb.jpg

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Well, I finally bought a pair of Ballet Boots! I have always liked the way they look but never saw myself buying a pair let alone standing up in them. I now wonder why it took me this long to buy a pair, I simply love them!!!

They look fabulous...!!

Can you tell us who makes them....and where did you buy them...?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

What's the actual heel height?

What's been your success at standing in them? walking in them?

Also congratulations.

Thank you very much! The heel is a full 8 inches in height, I am able to stand in them with ease but walking is more difficult than I thought it would be. I am able to walk a short distance without holding on to anything but I am by far graceful when doing so! I am slowly practicing and hope to really get the hang of walking in thes fantastic boots.

beautiful! Hope you will tell more about them?`

I saw similar here at ebay, it is an UK seller: http://www.ebay.de/sch/green_flash/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 (though no active balletheels right now),- are they the same?

Thank you so much Pata! I bought them on ebay, and they are from the seller whose link you posted in your message. They are knee high, the heel is a full 8 inches and they are laced up in the front but have a zipper on the side. I hope that oneday I will be able to walk in them as gracefully and with such ease as you do whenever you wear a pair of your ballet heels, or any pair of heels you own for that matter!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. It has been quite some time that I have posted anything for various reasions (time and barefoot running) but yesterday I took my ballet boots out for a walk after many many months and was pleased I could still manage quite well. I couldn't last but 15 min. because my leg muscles gave out and I stopped fearing a fall. I bought these at first on a whim but I have learned they are a great leg work out just what I need for skiing so I hope to be walking much more even an outside excursion again perhaps. I wore them to a local store to buy some coffee ,quite a long time ago, and no one noticed I had strange footwear also the place was bussy as I recal I had the most trouble standing around waiting for the coffee to be ground, my legs were in rebellion. I wasn't sure I could make it back to my car without falling ( next time I'll get a shppping cart for support.) It's great to read of more people taking on the ballet boot challenge. Dr Who 3

Hi Persephone. I have watched some of your ballet boot walking videos and marvel at how well your walking in them, legs straight and much confidence, very nice. I have a pr. of leather Devious ankle boots that I have had now for 3 years and they are still in great shape however I had to reglue the heel to the last in the back shortly after I bought them. I have also modified mine with fiberglass so that the heels are very strong and don't move around when I walk ( at 200 lb. I don't want to risk a fall). The only real deaw back is I find the speed eyelets have started to pull away from the leather a bit due to lacing them so tight. Anyway I think they could be improved on in the toe box because of crushing , however I have stoped this by wraping the fiberglass around the botom of the boot and this makes the sole of the boot very strong and it doesn't flex alowing the toe box to crush any more. I have had thoughts of replacing the heels with carbon fiber ones because the pattern of the carbon fiber weve would really look great with the this style of boot in my opinion. It would be a bit expensive though but perhaps worth a try. Glad to have your comments on the forum. Dr Who 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After all of this I would really like to find someone near by that is Orange 92866 that is interested in Ballet Heels as I have started to make a pair that is intended to walk in and even all day comfort. Already made a last for the right boot and acquired the leather. My design will be lace-up to the knee with no zip and carry the weight on the heel and meditarsels not on the tip of the toes. The project is coming slowly.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you plan to walk in them, have a cobbler remove 1/4" off the heel. They purposefully put a longer heel to try and prevent people from trying to walk in them. Have the cobbler check for a metal rod in the heel too. They can add it if it is missing. Otherwise, you will break off the heel.

• 1 month later...

. Toe bax is nice and stiff.

Got mine in leather also and the toe box is mushy. Anyway an intolerable situation has come up with me and I am not able to continue making my own balletheels but all the parts and materials are in storage so that project will continue from where it left off.

Just received ballet shoes today in leather from pleaser. They are great. Should have bought leather before. Toe bax is nice and stiff.

Did you wear Pleaser's Ballet Patent boots before? Would like to know how they feel compared to real leather ones!

• 1 month later...

Was wondering what happened to all the other BH makers. Got a breif from Lady Lacie regarding her BH in which she walks so smoothly through the mall and found that those are Italian made by Brigitte if I got the spelling right and the company is no longer alive. There is also another subject regarding modifying BH but that is not accepting replies. Personally I have this theory that BH are not getting the popularity that they could because Pleaser is making a product that just does not fir or support or anything like that and Punitive shoes are just too price prohibitive. Another problem is that way too few places have any to examine before buying. Unfortunately I ordered mine before I knew about Funkypair where I can order then try them in the store before buying. Anyway I did get just about the right size and the pair was mostly for research so the detail that they can not be used without extensive modification was no surprise. So this makes me wonder if BH would be more popular if it were just easier to get a pair made for walking.

Was wondering what happened to all the other BH makers. Got a breif from Lady Lacie regarding her BH in which she walks so smoothly through the mall and found that those are Italian made by Brigitte if I got the spelling right and the company is no longer alive. There is also another subject regarding modifying BH but that is not accepting replies. Personally I have this theory that BH are not getting the popularity that they could because Pleaser is making a product that just does not fir or support or anything like that and Punitive shoes are just too price prohibitive. Another problem is that way too few places have any to examine before buying. Unfortunately I ordered mine before I knew about Funkypair where I can order then try them in the store before buying. Anyway I did get just about the right size and the pair was mostly for research so the detail that they can not be used without extensive modification was no surprise. So this makes me wonder if BH would be more popular if it were just easier to get a pair made for walking.

Possibly more popular in the way of acceptance. Still we have to face that even the best fitting ballet heels are not made for everyday life, hills etc. And even the best trained wearers cannot walk naturately or fast in them. So while BHs might gain acceptance they'll always be for bedroom, fetishists and bdsm. That's my 5c.

Some truth in that not made for every day life but Lady Lacie really makes it look so natural. So still the way I see it is the popularity is being held back by that unbelievably poor design of Pleaser. Considering my expireance as an engineer it would not cost them any more to just make the right shape from the same material. As for the soft toe box that may cost a little to fix.