Ballet Heels

Jezebel

What do you feel about ballet heels?  

562 members have voted

1. 1. What do you feel about ballet heels?

• I love them and wear them!
    • I like how they look on others but don't wear them myself.
    • I don't really care for them.

i have been advised to buy some ballet boots as i am not use to wearing ballet heels.

i would like the ones with the padlocks on so i cant take them off!

You'll be disappointed then. The ankle strap on the Devious ankle boots is attached by velcro on the one end. The lock is purely for show, unless you decide to permenantly sew it onto the boot.

Hi Jamie. I have been wearing bboots off and on for 2 years now. I bought size 12 womens but I think a size 11 would have been better. These are American sizes I normally take a 10 to 10 1/2 American size mens shoe. I have had to add some material in the inside sole to make the boots fit tighter on my fore foot. I also use Leo's gel pads. As Waisted Giraffe mentioned you don't want your foot to slide all the way down putting all your weight on your toes some of the weight needs to be held up in the boots so that you have a good bit of weight on the heels. You will probably notice the heels being a bit long making your foot tip forward transfuring lot of weight to your front thigh muscles. This will be normal for trying on the boots. After you decide that the size is right ( nice tight fit around the fore foot) you can adjust the heel later to make the boots much eiser to walk in. ( the more you walk in them the stronger your thigh muscles will become) Also be carefull to watch for leg cramps in the cafe area this is typical and they can be painfull but can be relieved by bending your foot in the normal flat position for a while until the cramp goes away. Ballet boots require a learning experience to be able to manage walking/standing in them but they aren't impossible. If I can walk in them any one can with enough determination. I would suggest that you should buy leather ones rather than the Pattent leather ones to start out with. I hope this helps and if I can be of further help just MP me or post on the site? Best to you . Dr Who 3

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to shop in a store with that policy.

they claim it is health and safety!!

i have even asked if i could stand in them after i have paid for them while i am still in the shop and i got told no.

So what's their return policy? If their restriction just means you need to try them on at home, that's not a big deal. On the other hand, if you can't try them on in the store, and can't return them after you walk out the store with them, that's a little nasty.

It actually sounds quite fair, I mean seriously, how many people can actually stand up and balance, in Ballet boots? The store dont know your abilities from the next person, so the last thing they need is customers with twisted ankles, or worse, falling over and knocking themselves out on the corner of a shelf. It doesnt matter who owns them, they dont want you hurting yourself in THEIR shop, especially with the cost of insurance rising by 12.5% every year in the UK alone due to the rapid increase in insurance claims due to all those bloody TV adverts "No win no fee" These are after all, very unusual, VERY difficult to even stand in, let alone walk in, and with so many "had an accident, not your fault?" adverts, who wants to wind up in court over a customer doing themselves an injury and blaming you for it. Too many people are quick to shoot the store down in flames here, but nobody is putting the boots on the other feet lol.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Yes I agree with your wisdom also if you were to brake off the heel or damage the boots wether you wanted them or not you just bought them. That's a strong posibility. Stick to just trying them on for a tight fit in thre store and do your practiceing at home. Be safe. Dr Who 3

The Junkman's Daughter in Atlanta had a few pair of Devious ballet heels on display (in a locked glass case), and a little sign on the front stated a $50 deposit required to try them on! HA! They were overpriced anyway... Although I love the shoe section of that store. It's on an upper level shaped like a high heel where you have to walk up the stairs as if you are walking up the insole of the shoe. I'll have to take a pic next time we're down that way.

Fetish Factory in Fort Lauderdale took a little convincing to let me stand up in a pair.. After I handed over my payment I walked without issue to the sales counter much to the managers amazement. She did not know the owner knows my b/f and I personally, and I'd spent about 2 hours wandering around one of his parties wearing a pair :smile:

(formerly known as "JimC")

Agree to DR Who 3 and Tech. Have been giving balletheel lessons for several years and to a lot of people now and there are only appr. 10-20% who can stand on balletheels at their first time without (or with little) support - this seems not to depend on one´s gender or age. and there is a lot to do wrong to shoes and to oneself due to some common fantasy stories to be found in internet. This is also one of the reasons why I think this would be EXTREMELY irresponsible if anybody would sell balletheels with padlocks which are not removable easily.

Agree to DR Who 3 and Tech.

Have been giving balletheel lessons for several years and to a lot of people now and there are only appr. 10-20% who can stand on balletheels at their first time without (or with little) support...

Question - any correlation between those that can stand in ballet heels the first time, and how well the wearer does long term?

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good question. I have noticed on the web a girl in a green latex dress stand and walk for the first time with out any difficulties. I don't know if she had any ballet training but the site claimes it was her first time. When I tried to stand in my ballet ankle boots for the first time I didn't have any problems but walking was a different animal all together. I believe it depends on ones since of balance ,strength and ankle flexability. For me the toe pain was the bigest problem especially after I wrecked both large toe nails to the point they had to come off and grow back. This was a stupid trick on my part because I tried to do too much too fast. Pata is right it takes a lot of gusto to stick with it and over come the problems. But worth it especially for the first time out in public what a rush. Dr Who 3

Question - any correlation between those that can stand in ballet heels the first time, and how well the wearer does long term?

first I should know what you understand with *long term* :smile:. The most seem to have absolutely unreal expectations. though it is no wonder considering a lot of sites telling things, especially concerning their *balletheel-trainings* which might sound good for a fetishist but simply aren´t true. You would not believe how many models and webmasters have written me in these years honestly asking me for some advice what to do to enable walking on balletheels for longer than 5 minutes - while reading the text on their sites I was sure they would go daily shopping on those boots!

there are only some very few who can wear these for longer. And those who can, should be aware of the danger of the moving our feet and bones are not meant for. I know at least of two models which were really talented in my opinion but did it simply too often - it took appr. 1-2 years they cannot walk balletheels anymore.

Generally: I did not see any correlation btw beeing able to stand at the first time and beeing able to walk for longer. For elegant walk, yes, but not for how long one can walk on those. There are some balletheel walkers which move like a duck (NOT in water :) ) - but they can do it nearby for hours. so who cares if they have their fun on balletheels :silly:.

• 2 months later...

Not quite true... I voted that I love them and wear them, but I only love them.

But when I find a pair, I will wear them :wave:

And I still hope to have my first pair before this year ends, predominantly in July :)

Formally "HHDude"

first I should know what you understand with *long term* :wave:. The most seem to have absolutely unreal expectations. though it is no wonder considering a lot of sites telling things, especially concerning their *balletheel-trainings* which might sound good for a fetishist but simply aren´t true. You would not believe how many models and webmasters have written me in these years honestly asking me for some advice what to do to enable walking on balletheels for longer than 5 minutes - while reading the text on their sites I was sure they would go daily shopping on those boots!

there are only some very few who can wear these for longer. And those who can, should be aware of the danger of the moving our feet and bones are not meant for. I know at least of two models which were really talented in my opinion but did it simply too often - it took appr. 1-2 years they cannot walk balletheels anymore.

Generally: I did not see any correlation btw beeing able to stand at the first time and beeing able to walk for longer. For elegant walk, yes, but not for how long one can walk on those. There are some balletheel walkers which move like a duck (NOT in water :) ) - but they can do it nearby for hours. so who cares if they have their fun on balletheels :clap:.

'Pata'....thank you for these words of wisdom! So often, I see posts and comments from people who claim that they can spend ALL DAY wearing and walking in 6" and 6.5" heels...and from those who say that they can walk easily in Ballet Heels too.

It is very refreshing to hear an expert say the truth....that extreme heels are difficult to walk in, they require a lot of practice, and put an un-natural strain on the wearer's feet, ankles, legs and hips.

I have a weakness in my left leg, a result of a lumbar disc injury which I have had for years. I can easily wear, and walk in, high heels up to 4" or 4.5", however, anything above this height and I am in need of a rest after about 1 hour.

Ballet Heels are a particular challenge for me. Whilst I can happily wear them for 2 or 3 hours if I only have to sit or stand still in them, I find walking in them much more difficult.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can retain a good balance, with one leg that becomes tired more quickly than the other?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

HH Dude: this is similsr to the padding I use. This stuff works quite well untill it compresses and needs to be chainged. It's great you found something that works for you as walking in ballet boots is a wonderfull work out and fun. Dr Who 3

some time ago I voted : "I like how they look on others but don't wear them myself." Now I'd like to change my vote to: "I love them and wear them!", because I bought a pair of ballet boot (from ebay). I hope they'll arrive soon :-)

some time ago I voted : "I like how they look on others but don't wear them myself."

Now I'd like to change my vote to: "I love them and wear them!", because I bought a pair of ballet boot (from ebay). I hope they'll arrive soon :-)

Yes! Another balletbooter. Take it slow and hope you have a good time learning to walk in this challengeing foot wear. Any questions just ask?

Dr Who 3

Here's hoping the first question is good toe padding :wave:

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honest question, why get the foot "trainers" instead of for example taking ballet courses to build up your ankles/toes? While ballet isn't exactly like wearing the heels I'm guessing, wouldn't it be a better choice to work into these specific fetish shoes? Just curious, not a huge ballet heel fan, but learning ballet would be a different thing. Might just do it for fun, who knows I might end up liking it.

• 1 month later...

I think they are exciting and look restrictive. I saw on Youtube a few ladies actually walking on them in public (Imelda, a german girl called Alexandra Potter and Michaheel) I think this Alexandra Potter is a ballet dancer and trained to stand on her tiptoes, so she might manage ballet heels better than most. I sometimes wonder although the pressure/pain on the tips of the toes, balletheels are with training easier to walk on than a pair of 7" extreme stiletto heels (or platform with equally 7"+ effective heel) with the foot pressed in even a more extreme position or am I wrong in this? Anyone experienced walking in both extreme type of shoes and tell the difference or what is the most difficult shoe to walk on?

• 2 weeks later...

Honest question, why get the foot "trainers" instead of for example taking ballet courses to build up your ankles/toes?

While ballet isn't exactly like wearing the heels I'm guessing, wouldn't it be a better choice to work into these specific fetish shoes? Just curious, not a huge ballet heel fan, but learning ballet would be a different thing. Might just do it for fun, who knows I might end up liking it.

Well, money comes into the factoring. It cost this much for the heels/boots alone. That, and some of us (and I must also admit soon) may not be "fit" enough to last in them as long as we want to. We don't want that truth to come up during the courses we take to stretch our ankles. Or...I may be just crazy-talking, so I should quiet down now.

Formally "HHDude"

Honest question, why get the foot "trainers" instead of for example taking ballet courses to build up your ankles/toes?

While ballet isn't exactly like wearing the heels I'm guessing, wouldn't it be a better choice to work into these specific fetish shoes? Just curious, not a huge ballet heel fan, but learning ballet would be a different thing. Might just do it for fun, who knows I might end up liking it.

Why go trough all this difficulty you have your heels and you can train by wearing them. It's always best by doing the thing your training for but with less intensity. Wearing my heels just seems to work for me.

• 1 month later...