Wearing heels to work.

johnieheel

I wear my heels to work quite a lot. I have been wearing the ankle boots in my avatar the last couple days. I change in the car into my work shoes before and after, out and back into my heels when I arrive in the parking lot. All the ladies know I wear heels and a lot of the men. Last night I had just put my boots on ready to leave and I looked over and one of the girls had parked next to me and her lights went on which means she was headed to her car. As I saw her getting closer, I stepped out of my car and all I heard was OMG! Those are cool! Raise your pant leg, how high are those heels? etc etc. Then I turned and walked for her. She was a little surprised that I walked the same in heels as in my runners. We talked a little about heels, how her daughter loves them and just a regular conversation about shopping for heels etc. It was very nice. Just seemed so normal.:thumbsup: Tonight, another girl I work with did the same thing. I seen her going to her car, pulled up, opened my door, put one foot on the ground and OMG! Those are great, raise your pants a little, walk etc. etc. :thumbsup: She tole me they look a lot better than men's shoes and the heels is very sexy. Also said she could not tell I was wearing heels by the way I walked.:smile: Just a little something to share. BTW, Wife knows one of the ladies and also loves hearing these stories when I come home. Just in case anybody is curious do to the fact she reads and is a member here.:cool: lol

real men wear heels

Now that's a *solid* positive reaction. I find that women either love it or are absolutely turned off by it. Yeah, some are in the "middle," but those are pretty uncommon. Overall, sounds really awesome - must have really boosted your confidence (though you seem very confident anyway).

Wow, two for two! It's one thing to get an off-handed, just-to-be-polite comment, but it sounds like these ladies really were interested and appreciative of your choice of footwear. Those are great looking ankle boots and the heel is just the way I like them. What are they, where'd you get them... we need the details. (of course, I've been away from the forum for a spell, so probably didn't catch yet if you posted already.)

Its awesome that you can do this and are even getting complimented. :smile:

I'm still working on the confidence/courage to do this at work, I do wear them virtually everywhere else now, but just can't make that final leap at work for whatever reason.

Maybe I feel I have too much to lose when I have established a long standing, very comfortable and well paying job, that I need to support my family, etc, and I don't want anything to jeopardize that just for my desire to wear heels. I’m sure it would be fine, just like your situation if I ever did make the leap here, but just so hard to do. :thumbsup:

Heya There Sir Johnieheel. Enjoyed your opening post as well, but something peaks my curiosity. Not trying to come off as Butt Head asking either, but do ya think they're wee bit Jelous(?) not having that same Hott Style Boot in their wardrobes??? 8-D

Boots Rock!!!!

Johnnie... It is so cool when people, especially women, acknowledge your wearing of high heels and even encourage it. I get mixed reactions from women, but whe they say something positive, it is always enlightening. Congratulations on this occurence and keep us posted on future reactions.

I actually think an employer would have a hard time firing a man for wearing heels in this Politically Correct, diversity and accept everyone climate. If I decided to wear heels at work, I bet HR would advise that the diversity policies and laws would open them to a lawsuit if they got rid of me and I could tie it to wearing heels. The only reason I won't is my job requires the respect of my employees and leaders and they may not react well. One guy that works for me is afraid of anything that might appear to not be manly. He would NEVER hug a man for any reason. If I wore heels, he would freak and working together would be weird.

same for me henri, I work in the retail supermarket industry, so it is REALLY a safety issue, no ands ifs or buts about it in THIS kind of job, but like you I wear my heels @ home (mostly) & on occasion going out ( both on my OWN time):smile:

Wow, two for two! It's one thing to get an off-handed, just-to-be-polite comment, but it sounds like these ladies really were interested and appreciative of your choice of footwear. Those are great looking ankle boots and the heel is just the way I like them. What are they, where'd you get them... we need the details. (of course, I've been away from the forum for a spell, so probably didn't catch yet if you posted already.)

Got them at electrique boutique.com

real men wear heels

It is a Safety Issue for me. I work construction and can not wear at work. I do wear stillettos to and fro.

Same here. As I said in my post, I change into my work shoes in the car.

On another note, there have been a lot of girls and guy's I work with that have seen me at Walmart or other places around the area in my heels and also, all the lead workers and supervisors know I wear heels cause I told them. Thats why I started the thread " is society being more tolerant". I know they are around here because they don't treat me any different.

A little up date. One of the girls went home, emailed her sister, who used to work there and knows me, and told her how I walked. She was very impressed. Her SO has no problem with it also and is a very nice guy. They are from the Philippines and have been here for quite some time.

Thanks for all your comments.

real men wear heels

The part that Jonhieheel failed to mention was that along with his ankle boots, he was wearing a sweat shirt with the slogan “I’m standing tall because I’m wearing heels” across the front. (That’s a joke son, that’s a joke :smile: )

Johnieheel, thanks for sharing the great post. :thumbsup:

I’ve been wearing boots with a 1”-2” heel to work for months now (see http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/7569-boots_work.html?highlight=boots+at+work'>Boots at Work) and no one has said much of anything. I have asked a co-worker (who is also a good friend) if the boots are too much for me to be wearing at work and she has replied that there fine.

:thumbsup:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The part that Jonhieheel failed to mention was that along with his ankle boots, he was wearing a sweat shirt with the slogan “I’m standing tall because I’m wearing heels” across the front. (That’s a joke son, that’s a joke :smile: )

Johnieheel, thanks for sharing the great post. :thumbsup:

I’ve been wearing boots with a 1”-2” heel to work for months now (see Boots at Work) and no one has said much of anything. I have asked a co-worker (who is also a good friend) if the boots are too much for me to be wearing at work and she has replied that there fine.

:thumbsup:

Thighbootguy...

Do you work in an office? I work in an office and I wear boots with 3" heels and I have never had a derogatory comment about them. Just currious.

I work in the cube city of an IT department which by definition is an eclectic collection of people. The company’s headquarters is in a small town who’s population cannot support the diverse technical needs of the company so we draw folks from two major metropolitan areas (and several countries). It is a diverse bunch, and then there is this guy that wears heels. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I work in the cube city of an IT department which by definition is an eclectic collection of people. The company’s headquarters is in a small town who’s population cannot support the diverse technical needs of the company so we draw folks from two major metropolitan areas (and several countries). It is a diverse bunch, and then there is this guy that wears heels. :smile:

Thank you for your response and I can definitely relate to your situation. Part of the dilema in my office is that everyone has gone so casual. Very few women wear dresses, pant suits, and high heels any more. So when I come into the office in my boots, at first eyebrows raised, but now, everyone just accepts it. Thank you for this and all of your inputs and feedbacks.

• 2 weeks later...

You are a lucky guy, Johnieheel.

I did not have the chance yet to hear a comment from a women I do not know asking me to show her my heels. Maybe one day...

Maybe you just need to let more women know you wear heels.

real men wear heels