We're over a year old!

Has anyone bothered to notice that these forums have been running for over a year now? It has been over a year since I started up here, well, maybe by a few days. I think that we have a great accomplishment here. Let's have a round of applause for the High Heeled Meeting Place forums! Happy Birthday, I think.

A year indeed... time flies! And I do think that the presence of this board has had a significant impact, in the sense that lots of people have been pulled over the line and now dare to enjoy heels in public. This applies mainly to the males perhaps, but the value of the support from the females participating here cannot be overestimated! Thanks to you all, and let's hope that our impact grows exponentially over the next years! Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Yes one year old ! :bday: I think we've achieved a lot, but If I had a wish, it would be that the full spectrum of people would post here. There tends to be a lot from the heeled guys, but more women would be nice, as would be input from professionals in the shoe world such as shoemakers and buyers. I hope we can cater for the needs of everyone, and draw together a pool of knowledge as well as sharing ideas

I'd welcome such visitors as well. But I'd say that most women rather wear heels, and professionals do business with them than talk about them. In an ideal world, there would be no problem at all to wear what you want when you want where you want. Since this forum is also some kind of self-aid group (what an ugly word...) for people with that vision, it also serves a very important purpose: to help build the critical mass to make this mainstream. Without the internet, it would take hundreds of years, if ever, before heels on guys would become common. With the internet (and this board in particular), we may be there in just a few years. Perhaps... Bert

What's all the fuss about?

:bday: Congratulations!

Here's to the people who made this forum possible.

Without this forum there wouldn't be a kind of an exhaust valve to discuss heels plainly

Here's to the people who come in here and leave their messages behind.

Without these messages there would be no tips and tricks on how to wear heels in public

and Here's to myself who read those tips and tricks to try which give me more confidence to wear heels outside

Thank you very much!

Cheers! :drinking:

Yaaaay! A year! And I've been here for most of that. I feel like an old-timer :lol: But certainly this year's been a big help for me sorting out what I'm about. So, thanks to everyone who's made this place what it is, and here's to many more successful years!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you all - we're on the right track... we're changing the world! I celebrate the board's birthday with another order of boots from the UK... :( Actually my first pair which I intend to wear in public. So far I only had high stilettos suitable for home :lol:

HH forever!