help on type of high heels

trevor

i am thinking of buying a new pair of heels. they are red patent 5 inch platform pumps. they are called indulge. if you google red patent indulge platform pumps it will come up. im wondering if anyone has purchased these heels in red or black. i know when they list 5 inch that its usually based on like a size 7. i need a size 12 or 13 so i think the heels will be higher. also im wondering if they run small. i have a size 11 foot and i bought 5 inch pumps with the double ankle strap in a size 12 and they were ok. im not sure if i should get these in 12 or 13. i was hoping the heels would be like 51/4 to 51/2 in height also because they have a platform of 1 inch. if anyone has an answer i would appreciate the help. this is my first time here. thank you

Trevor -

First Welcome to the forum!

T-strap-lover’s comment about the platform reducing the heel height might be misleading. I’m sure the pump has at least a 5” heel but the platform raises the ball of your foot so they feel like 4” heels. Although I don’t care for platforms myself, this might be a good compromise for a new heel wearer.

There is a big difference between having your heel 4” above the ball of your foot and having your heel 5” above the ball of your foot (and a HUGE difference in having your heel 6” above the ball of your foot). Most first time heelers can manage the 4” height without a problem and then work up to the 5”.

As for size, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and style of shoe (my experience is only on boots). I wear men’s 11, a 14 in Pleaser’s and Ellie’s, a 12 in Payless. A comfortable fit may require a larger size in a higher heel which is why T-strap-lover commented that the 5” heel on a 1” platform is really a 4” pump.

Generally the conversion between men’s and women’s US size is women’s size is man’s size plus two. I would be inclined to try the size13. :smile:

Enjoy your heels.

:thumbsup:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

thanks for your comments. i was never a platform guy either but when wearing 5 inch pumps i have trouble walking on them any kind of distance so i figured with a 1 inch platform it will make it like a 4 inch heel in which i have no problem. in wearing 4 inch pumps im kind of bored because there is no challenge. i love pumps. my wife has the new aldo 5 inch type pumps with the hidden 3/4 inch platform and these are really sexy. they are called atlantic city pumps. black patent and candy apple patent she has. i think these shoes will be 51/4 to 51/2 so it will be like being on a 41/2 in heel. do you think those indulge shoes will look sexy or not? anyone have a better idea im listening. i was hoping someone had these indulge shoes so that i would see the height and if they run small or not. 41/2 inch i can handle but 5 inch are tough for me.

thanks for your comments. i was never a platform guy either but when wearing 5 inch pumps i have trouble walking on them any kind of distance so i figured with a 1 inch platform it will make it like a 4 inch heel in which i have no problem. in wearing 4 inch pumps im kind of bored because there is no challenge. i love pumps. my wife has the new aldo 5 inch type pumps with the hidden 3/4 inch platform and these are really sexy. they are called atlantic city pumps. black patent and candy apple patent she has. i think these shoes will be 51/4 to 51/2 so it will be like being on a 41/2 in heel. do you think those indulge shoes will look sexy or not? anyone have a better idea im listening. i was hoping someone had these indulge shoes so that i would see the height and if they run small or not. 41/2 inch i can handle but 5 inch are tough for me.

I wear 5" stiletto high heels with my men's suits and often with a fedora hat. I am very comfortable in 5" high heels. But if you are not, my advice is to wear high heels with a heel height that is comfortable for you. Just keep practicing walking in them every day and have fun wearing them.