Shoe and boot care

xaphod

Here's where we can talk about hints and tips regarding the care of our favourite, and sometimes irreplaceable, shoes. What prompted this was that, in the stormy weather we're having, I got my Dolcis 'defines' soaking wet this evening. I love these boots nearly as much as the spiky sachas .... what's the best way to dry them out without them becoming somewhat inflexible, as my old motorbike boots used to do. The bike boots usually recovered after a liberal application of dubbin (waxy stuff for waterproofing), but this isn't quite the correct thing to do for fashion boots ! Suggestions please.

This is a bit like having mustard after the meal, but what I always do before wearing leather boots or shoes out is spray them with leather protective spray which makes them water-repellent. Imho it doesn't have a negative effect on the leather at all, works like a charm.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

In respose to the boot drying out problem, the best advice I could give is stuff them with paper kichen towels and dry then out slowly in a normal room, not near a fire or in an airing cupboard. Then, feed the leater afterwards with a good leather cream.

• 4 weeks later...