Let's get to know each other

Firefox

I've checked on the map and Francis lives almost exactly level with Watford gap services so I reckon he's suffering an identity crisis whether he lives with the great mass of barbarians up north/midlands or is one of us posh southerners :rofl:

I visited awhile back at the old site and just found this new one. For starters here is a list of mine.

(fredericks of hollywood)

6 inch spiked heels with 2 inch platform (molded type)

black leather knee high lace up boots

barbie doll quarter strap sandles in black patent, red patent and white patent

white patent ankle strap sandle in that has buckle over the toe

black patent open toe mules

5" heel mules- black leather, white leather and red patent

(Hayway Shoes in U.K.)

red patent 4"paris heel pumps with wide ankle straps (both buckle and locking)

black patent 3" spiked heel pumps with thin ankle straps

black patent and pink patent 1.5" mary janes

black leather 1.5" heel pumps with t-straps (school girl shoes)

black leather mary jane pumps with 2.5" heel

black leather lace up ankle boots with 2.5" heel

black patent slingbacks with 4" paris heel

natural wood bottom wedges with 4.5" heel with black patent ankle straps (my faves!)

black suede ankle boots with 4" paris heel- side zippers with locking strap around top of ankle

black patent pumps with 4"paris heel

2 pair of patent oxfords 4" spike heels in red and black

1 5 1/4 blabk patent oxford from England

1 5 1/4 heel lase up black patent boot from England.

centurians

white patent ankle high pumps that have a 3"heel and 5 skinny buckle/straps. these are open like a pump but come up above ankle.

ellies shoes/ (queen fashions in new orleans)

some 7" black wood bottom wedge sandals. these have a crescent cut out in heel perferated toe strap and reverse ankle straps. they also have an unusually high arch and g straight down. i took silver sparkle nail polish and painted in the cut out and did a silver outline of the cut out too look like a crescent moon and the bottoms about 1..5" up in front and back parts all around in emerald green glitter. the process took like 8 bottles each color and many hours. the black wood was not to shiny so i put 3 coats of black gloss nail polish and have 5 coats clear gloss polyeurothane varnish to seal them up. here is a link for they style

http://www.queenfashions.com/images/wood_shoes/d33wave[1].jpg

they never get wrn out of the house and only for "special occasions" such as moon lit nights. I call them my moon shoes. i do have a 12x18 foot balcony and wear them there. they look so adorible in a long black dress.

Name: Renee(with accent oversecond e still can't figure out how to do it) Yes the is my rel name. I changed it from Robert for my 44th. birthday. Renee is my wife's mothers name as well as her late aunt and god(dess)-mother

Sex:male

Height: 5'11"

Shoe size: 12

What's your favourite heel style: Generally spike, but I love them all to keep the variety up and depending on the outfit.

What's your favourite shoe style: Depends on the weather occasion and outfit. I love high heel open toe mules.

Do you wear your heels outside: Not too much Washington is very conservative and we do not go out clubbing much anymore. The fun clubs in Washington are in "unsafe neighbiorhoods). Although 2 Halloweens ago we went t a local preppy disco in the surburbs near our house. I wore my black patent French Fetish maid uniform from versatilefashions.com. It is very low cut in the neckline and I shaved my chest and has a 14 inch skirt. I wore 4 inch heel black patent ankle strap pumps, white lace headhand, opera length black patent gloves, White seames stockings, camisol thingy with garters, boned full cortet, white panties wth ruffles all around(of course), this huge crinoline petticoat that is 15 inches long has to stick out the bottom an inch :)from Versatile fashions and red bob style wig. Because was going as a "sissy maid which by definition is of the male sex ) I did not wear falsies. My wife made me up and you can only imagine the stares and oogles from both straight guys and the ladies. Og I had bought this beutiful white satin apron from mrs-silk.com in England. The tie around partis about 7 or 8 inches wide so you fold it over and is about twice as long ans most. So when you tie the bow in the back you have this huge beautiful flowing bow. Oh and I wore this sterling silver slave ring. It is basically a plain band with a small o ring attached.

What is:

(a) Your favourite heel height: anything atleast 4 inches

(:smile: Your highest heel height: 6

How often do you wear:

(a) Your favourite heel height:several days a week depending on schedule. Most every night we spend the evening on our 12x18foot balcony and i wear the 4 3/4 wooden wedge platforms. The balcony is wooden like a deck just 12 feet off ground and stilettos could be a problem

(:grin: Your highest heel height: every sunday afternoon and more if weather is too bad to be outside.

Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Sandals no closed in shoes generaly yes as the weather is colder.

Anything else you wish to add: Well my wife is "about" 10 years older. She is 3/4 Italian and 1/4 French. She grew up in on the Rverra- France, Monte Carlo and Italy. She loves high heels. We met at a Christmas party. She was wearing 3 inch Stiletto pumps. She made a remrk about her "high heels" and I replied, "They look more like medium ones to me". (giggle) We have been together almost 14 years. Since we met I have bought her about 250 pair of shoes. Probably less than 30 are under 3 inches. She has a couple of 7-8 iinch ones with platforms. It took her awhile to get used to me wearing them, but when I wear them with a short tight miniskirt she loves how pretty my legs are. She even gets out the 6 inch molded platforms and a tight miniskirt and says "Here Renee wear these for me". She is a very frilly girly type lady. She loves wearing high heels also and does every night at home. I finally got her to quit wearing 3 inch ones to work as she would come home and not want to wear them as her feet hurt. So now instead she wears them at home.

Renee

Oh and on a side note... transgender is a slang temr. the medical term is "gender dysphoric"- the wong gender inside of the body. A person is a transsexual if they are gender dysphoric. their gender is trans (crossed). My oldest brother is and is on female haommones and if he can buy the business where he works he will have S.R.S. (sex reassignment surgery) which means he will become womanized. My middle brother dabbled in it and I suspect he is also, but never discussed it. I had a half uncle who was also. So we think it is genetic or something. More than environment.

Renee

p.s. Thanks the number lock is on, but when I try it the edit window pops open. I have Windows 98.

Hi everybody, time to face the jury!! Name: Sue Age: 32 Gender: F Location: Somerset, UK Occupation: PA (glorified secretary) Height: 5.8" Weight: **** Shoe size: UK 7 What's your favourite heel style: Stilleto ( the thinner the better) What's your favourite shoe style: Knee-boots, Courts Do you wear your heels outside: When don't I wear them!! What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 5" (:smile: Your highest heel height: 6" How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height: Nearly all the time (:grin: Your highest heel height: Rarely Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Tights & Stockings Anything else you wish to add: I'm a boot fanatic and I love leather!

Thank you very much Yamyam. I still could not get it to work. As I mentioned I got my new passport yesterday and they skipped the accent also. My wife said, "no big deal" but it was to mebecause her mother has one. Perhaps I can mark it in, but I am kindof scared to alter a passport. Anywho... When I tried it it did not work. Computers unfortunantly are not my specialty. Thanks again, Renee

Hi Andy Sue and Renee. Nice to see another Midlander joining Andy, I am almost in Leicestershire, just over the border into Warwckshire (Nuneaton). Hope to meet you sometime.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Name: Maryanne Age: 27 Gender: Female Location: Melbourne Australia Occupation: Health Height: 178cm Weight: N.O.Y.B! Shoe size: Size 10B Australian What's your favourite heel style: Stiletto or block What's your favourite shoe style: Court shoes, knee high boots when it's cold Do you wear your heels outside: Of course! What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 7-10cm (:grin: Your highest heel height: about 12cm How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height: Nearly every day (:grin: Your highest heel height: Special occassions Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Pantyhose with both shoes and boots Anything else you wish to add: I'm not quite sure why I stumbled on this site, browsing the net one night and came across it, it intrigued me. I take a lot of pride in my presentation, most of my friends wear flatties and pants for everyday wear and for the most part don't make much of an effort to look presentable. I'm also the only person I know who likes stilettos for everyday wear. I go through phases of likeing something, for example it's starting to warm up here in Australia. I was at a clearance sale a couple of weeks ago and came across these sculptured blade heel boots, I didn't like the look of them before, but tried them on on a whim and loved them on. Guess what I've worn nearly every day for the last 2 weeks? Am I eccentric? Yes, I guess I probably am! Overall I have a fairly hectic life, I provide personal and financial support to a couple of community organisations which help *deserving* people who need a hand. I wish to emphasise deserving as there are a lot of genuinely hard done by people out there, but unfortunately even more trash who expect society to hand them everything on a silver platter. Unfortunately this is getting more and more prevalent over here. When I'm not doing that I work full time with a bunch of great people, a lot of whom have become good friends. I enjoy keeping fit by cycling, walking and making all too infrequent trips to the gym. So there you have it, me in a nut-shell (or should that be case?) :smile:

Hi Andy Sue and Renee.

Nice to see another Midlander joining Andy, I am almost in Leicestershire, just over the border into Warwckshire (Nuneaton). Hope to meet you sometime.

Hiya!,

It's nice to become part of the group, I never thought that there'd be a board like this out there on the net!

I might be able to make the birmingham meet, I'll post an update in that thread.

Cheeers,

Andy.

Name: Michael, or Mike. Does not mater to me I answer to both. :drinking: ( just don't call me surly) :shocked: Age: Born Sept 19, 1972 :bday: Gaaaaaahhh! old fart I am!!! :morning: Gender: Male, and str8 as they come. :shocked: Location: New Hampshire, USA. People say there is money in this country, then where is my share? :( Occupation: Trades. Maybe I am in the wrong business . But I worked for TYCO International!! Dam!!! I was not high enough on the totem pole. Is that why I got S#$ted on? :( Height: 6' 2" Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can say it, :shocked: I did not think S#$T could be stacked that high!! No thanks to Dennis Kowalski, the former president of TYCO international. Splat… :splat: Weight: 180lbs and holding. Down form 220lbs :drinking: But I am still cute and cuddly., but all ways been sexy!! Huba, huba !!! :shocked: Shoe size: 11 to 11.5 US men’s. Between 11 and 14 women’s US. Yep these boots were not made for walking, they were made to kick some butt!!! :o Here terrorists, terrorists, terrorists!!! Come here to get your butt whooped!!! :grin: Forget the bayonet, give me a stiletto!!! :grin: Semperfi!!! (My younger brother is a US Marine.) What's your favorite heel style: Semi chunky to chunky, and blades for out door wearing. Stilettos #1 :D What's your favorite shoe style: Boots. :D I don’t think hairy toes look great in a pair of sandals. :shocked: No way I am going to shave my legs either!!! :smile: Do you wear your heels outside: Chunky heel boots, bellow the ankle to knee high, with round or square toe. :D What do you mean you don’t like my stile?!!! Tuff!!! :grin: What is: (a) Your favorite heel height: 3.5 -4" Any higher and it will put me over 6‘ 6”!!! Yeah baby!!! Tower!!! :rofl: (B) Your highest heel height: 7", Yep got me a couple of those fetish pairs to!!! My legs look so good, some women are jealous of them. Is that why the B&^ch… er I mean wife and I are getting divorced??? :argue: Hay I can call her that, I mean I can be such a Pr!@K some times to you know!!! :shocked: How often do you wear: (a) Your favorite heel height: Often, working on to wearing them daily. To heck with it I look to good to keep them inside the house!!! :o (B) Your highest heel height: Once in a while. Not enough time in a day!! :shocked: Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Mostly socks, some times hoes for certain (fetish) shoes. My girl friend likes me wearing fishnets and thigh high boots!!! :( Nah, nah, nah, nah!!! :D Anything else you wish to add: I found out once you realize that the shoes on your feet no longer look like a women’s shoe, you are ready to wear them out in public. Long pants covering the heel as little or as much as you want is the only exception. :shocked: Just add a little swing to you walk if they are looking at your shoes, just to let them know that you know that you know that they are looking at them. You should see the looks on some of these people faces!!! :grin: I can be such a tease...Yep I am sure that I am str8!!! :D Gee... can't you tell that I had nothing better else to do???!!! :grin:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

You know I was not going to reply to this, but thought what the heck. Name: sinkem Age: 39 (40 on January 5 - I'm a really old fart) Gender: Male and straight Location: North eastern USA Occupation: Manager Height: 5' 10" Weight: 190 Shoe size: 10.5 What's your favourite heel style: stiletto (the thinner the better) What's your favourite shoe style: high-heeled sandals Do you wear your heels outside: I don't wear heels. What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 4 to 5 inches (:grin: Your highest heel height: see above Anything else you wish to add: I love heels that are so thin that they leave dents in floors. I've known a few women that would actually do heel stands in spikes and leave some incredible dents in floors (I don't think they were aware of what they were doing to the floor - or me). :smile:

Name: paul Age: 33 Gender: M Location: london Occupation: banker Height: 6' 4" Weight: 220 Shoe size: 12 What's your favourite heel style: stiletto What's your favourite shoe style: court shoes Do you wear your heels outside: I don't wear heels. What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 4 to 5 inches (:smile: Your highest heel height: see above Anything else you wish to add: god bless london and all the women here who wear beautiful shoes

Name: Gert-Jan Age: 36 Gender: Male Location: Center of the netherlands Occupation: (IP) network architect Height: 1.80 m Weight: 90 kg Shoe size: 44 What's your favourite heel style: thin block and stilletto What's your favourite shoe style: ankle / knee boot Do you wear your heels outside: yes every day What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 6cm - 8 cm (:smile: Your highest heel height: 12 -14 cm How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height: mostly all days (:grin: Your highest heel height: once a week Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Anything else you wish to add: i wear socks or bare feet depending on the shoe. where can you get my size cheap!!!???

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

Hi everybody, time to face the jury!!

Name: Sue

Hi Sue

I was in Taunton for a business meeting this week at County Hall. I noticed a rather interesting shoe shop just around the corner from there (towards the high street) with lots of v. high heels in the window. Have you been in there? Is it worth a look?

My taxi whisked me straight back to the station, buit I'm there again in a couple of weeks and might be tempted to get a later train home if it's worth it.

Thanks

Smudgeur

Name: Sassynheels Age: 30 Gender: m Location: northeast Occupation: professional Height: 6' Weight: 180 Shoe size: 13-14 us wmns What's your favourite heel style: stilleto What's your favourite shoe style: court shoe or pump Do you wear your heels outside: occassionally What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 5-5.75" (:smile: Your highest heel height: 7" no platform How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height: very often (:grin: Your highest heel height: not aften enough Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: appropriate hosiery fot the appropriate shoe Anything else you wish to add: love em, like em, lick em any choice is better than none!

Hi Sue

I was in Taunton for a business meeting this week at County Hall. I noticed a rather interesting shoe shop just around the corner from there (towards the high street) with lots of v. high heels in the window. Have you been in there? Is it worth a look?

My taxi whisked me straight back to the station, buit I'm there again in a couple of weeks and might be tempted to get a later train home if it's worth it.

Thanks

Smudgeur

Hi Sue, and welcome.

I was in Taunton recently, and I spotted that shop too! I was driving, but caught a glance. I then couldn't find it again, which was a shame, as I'd had a free lunch hour I could have checked it out in. Anyway, a report would be nice, in case I make it down that way again!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Name: Simon Age: 30 Gender: Male Location: Hertfordshire Occupation: Engineer Height: 6' 1" Weight: around 14.5st I think Shoe size: 11 What's your favourite heel style: Stiletto What's your favourite shoe style: Court Do you wear your heels outside: I'm not a wearer. merely an appreciater. What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: standard mens height (:smile: Your highest heel height: 1.5" cowboy boots How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height: practically all the time (:grin: Your highest heel height: sometimes Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Socks. I practically never go barefoot if I can possibly avoid it. Anything else you wish to add: Despite not being into heels fro myself I do have a lot of pairs of shoes. I'm really not a fan of feet and I reckon that's one of the reasons I like shoes so much, particularly well-made ones. I think there's a few good topics in my particular tastes so we'll leave the rest for later!

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:44 pm Post subject: Let's get to know each other -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Complete this short quiz to let other people know about a little about you. If you don't want to answer anything, leave it blank. Copy and paste the quiz questions to start you off. Name: coolshoes Age: 58 Gender: M Location: US Occupation: Professor Height: 6'1" Weight: too much Shoe size: USM 10 1/2 to 11; USW 10 to 13 What's your favourite heel style: block What's your favourite shoe style: boots with block heels and square or oblique toe box Do you wear your heels outside: yes What is: (a) Your favourite heel height: 2" to 4" (:smile: Your highest heel height: 4" How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height: I wear 2" to 3" heels about two to three times a week to work. A couple of days a week I have to stand for about 6 hours and I'll usually wear 2" or less those days. For what its worth these are usually womens loafers or laced shoes. At night on those days I'll usually change back to 2" to 3" heels if I am going out. (:grin: Your highest heel height: I wear 4" heels about every two weeks when doing errands on the weekends and very infrequently in the evening when I go out. Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes: Good question--I guess I wear all of the above. I rarely wear pantyhose and then it is only in the winter for added warmth as well as making a shoe fit. Mostly knee highs and socks depending on the shoe/boot and what makes the shoe/boot fit the best. Bare feet happens every now and then when I am feeling a bit risque'. There is something about the feel and smell of leather. Anything else you wish to add: My attraction to non-traditional shoes for men is that women have so many choices and men have mostly dullness to look forward to when it comes to shoes/boots. I admired the look of many women wearing block heels and blade heels with jeans and pants for several years and then finally decided to join in. Why should women have all the fun? Even when all I bought was mens shoes, I was told by a good woman friend of mine that I was as bad as any woman about shopping and buying when it came to shoes. We used to go shoe shopping together in our proper gender departments and both acknowledged that the other gender had shoes that we desired. Usually, she could find an equivalent to the male shoe that she liked in the womens department ;and, as we all know, I was out of luck until I decided to cross over and work my way into buying the shoes/boots that I liked.

Go gently through life.

I wasn't going to post to this thread because, as you'll all find, it's not very interesting. But as I wouldn't be much of a member if I didn't participate, here goes. Name: Charles Age: Way IOld Gender:M Location:California Occupation:Program Manager Height:5'10" Weight:163 Shoe size:9.5 (US Mens) What's your favourite heel style:Stilleto What's your favourite shoe style:Pump/court Do you wear your heels outside: I don't wear them. My role in life is that of 'appreciator'. My wife is a great wearer if high heels What is: (a) Your favourite heel height:Anything 5" and above put a woman in a rarified group. (:smile: Your highest heel height: How often do you wear: (a) Your favourite heel height:N/A (:grin: Your highest heel height:N/A Do you wear socks, hose, stockings or bare feet with your shoes:N/A Anything else you wish to add: My wife has noi problems wearing 5" heels all day. She will even wear them to places involving a lot of walking and standing without complaint. I had always been under the impression that hights of 6" and above were too high to be worn out. After reading this forum, I was apparently wrong.

Fox is right, it is about proportion. For taller women with long toes, it means a larger size. And that translates into the ability to wear higher heels. Provided we can find them. And of course, for the males here who wear heels, they tend to have larger feet and thus can manage the higher heels as well. Perspective. It's very interesting.

Yes, you're right. I had forgotton about that. She's a 8-8.5 (US womens) and I think the heel on that size will end up pretty much as advertised. That also reminds me of another consideration. I have no confirmation that this is true but I believe it is. Maybe someone can confirm. There appear to be two ways of measuring heel height. The most natural is to hold a scale against the back of the shoe and measure the diistance from the flat surface to the joint between the heel and the shoe. I believe there is another way it is measured. I don't know if this is the way it is done within the industry, if it has to do with where it is manufactured (US vs. Europe) or some other reason. In the second method the scale is placed beside the heel at the point where the tip touches the surface. The height is specified as the height from the flat surface at the point where the tip touches to the top of the heel. I remember my wife ordering some shoes from La Piazza to replace some 5" that had worn out. When they arrived they measured 5.5" by the first method but exactly 5" by the second. I did some checking around and that's when I discovered a reference to the second method. I've since run across a couple of times where this explained a discrepancy. It seems like the problem was on our part and not on theirs so she didn't send them back. She's worn them out to dinner a few times and dressy occasions but they are really too high to wear at work all day. Has any one else run across this?

Smudgeur wrote: Sue13 wrote: Hi everybody, time to face the jury!! Name: Sue Age: 32 Gender: F Location: Somerset, UK Hi Sue I was in Taunton for a business meeting this week at County Hall. I noticed a rather interesting shoe shop just around the corner from there (towards the high street) with lots of v. high heels in the window. Have you been in there? Is it worth a look? My taxi whisked me straight back to the station, buit I'm there again in a couple of weeks and might be tempted to get a later train home if it's worth it. Thanks Smudgeur Hi Sue, and welcome. I was in Taunton recently, and I spotted that shop too! I was driving, but caught a glance. I then couldn't find it again, which was a shame, as I'd had a free lunch hour I could have checked it out in. Anyway, a report would be nice, in case I make it down that way again! _________________ Hi Smudgeur and Yamyam Nice to know my part of the world is well visited Sorry to take so long but I haven't read this forum for a while. The shop your both interested in is called Platform1 (tel: 01823 412345), ands its on Corporation St opposite the bingo hall, its run by a very pleasant husband and wife team who I've spoken to on numerous occasions. As the name suggests its mainly platforms but she does have some stilleto boots and shoes though I haven't bought any yet. I went in with my friend when we were shopping, where she bought some boots. She says the ones she got are great and that I should've got a pair as well, instead of wearing stilleto ones all the time. No thanks!! Hope this helps Sue :smile: