Runways, Rockers, and Celebrities in heels?

kneehighs

Nice find Kneehighs. I'm quite familiar with Steven Meisel. The man has always had a good eye.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 1 month later...

Kneehighs:-) Yep! Those runway models sure are wearing spiked heel boots. Too bad you can't get a more of a side view, but I know that the photographers seem to always take a flat frontal view at those shows. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your welcome for the side views DawnHH. Here are a couple more pics from Gaultier

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could be wrong, but I think this last outfit was done for entertainment value (that is just my opinion, and my opinion could be different from what Gaultier actually intended). This outfit is nonetheless interesting:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a head to toe shot of Marc Bolan of T-Rex, but Google hasn't been great for that though. As some of you are aware Bolan was around, tragically very briefly, during the 70s glam rock era, and was a fashion freestyler. He a had period where he wore women's shoes on stage - heels mostly. I've seen clips of his old performances, an example of what he wore - in one he wore a blazer, vest, jeans and red Mary Janes, in another he wore shiny wedge sandals. Certainly, a cause for some inspiration for me! If anyone has any good pics of him please post them!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Thanks Heelfan, When time permits, I'll add more pics. They are great credibility builders for our community. C ya Sat. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Kemal Shahin: Big Brother 6 U.K.

Big Brother pics courtesy of canadianbeaver:

I remember we talked about this guy before, but never had any pics. I was talking to someone on a chatroom and she reminded me of him in heels. Here are some pics I found of him in heels:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rock Band Astrud from Spain

http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=astrud24wt.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pics of the same group courtesy of canadianbeaver17

I found some more via Google Images and Flickr:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I can't read spanish or else I would be able to go further and find some pics and a bio about this guy.

Marc Bolan from T-Rex

Posted Image

Nicolas Cage at Johnny Ramone Memorial 1-14-05 discovery of this pic courtesy of sscotty727

Posted Image

Nic Cages shoe is on the right side.

Article reference from this link..

Jonathan Rhys Meyers from Mission Impossible

An article excerpt:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers has a unique way of relaxing - parading around in a pair of high heels. The MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III star is so obsessed with women's shoes he often buys a pair just to look at them.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/rhys%20meyers%20shoe%20shocker_05_05_2006

The only thing that bothers me about that pose is the feminine posture and we are trying to get away from that are we not, it is a mans choice to wear heels but he does not have to have a feminine pose because of the heels.

I second that. I'm tired of the fashion moguls showcasing heels on guys as ultrafeminine, when that has little basis in reality. We're MEN! We just like wearing heels. We're not Michael Jackson wannabees... Sheesh!

Get a clue or two...

The only thing that bothers me about that pose is the feminine posture and we are trying to get away from that are we not, it is a mans choice to wear heels but he does not have to have a feminine pose because of the heels.

Ya! Definately agree. There are so many terrific pics of guys wearing skirts, as guys, that should be in the media instead of the fashion designers' mistaken notion that only effeminate men wear skirts and heels. It's been my experience that in reality most men who wear skirts and heels, as men, are as masculine in most respects as the average male.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers from Mission Impossible

An article excerpt:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/rhys%20meyers%20shoe%20shocker_05_05_2006

If I co-stared with actresses who looked like this, wearing heels like this, I'd probably develop a passion for heels, too! (and of course a passion for the actress, too!)

Posted Image