Men using high heels = gay

HHfanatic

hi well my reaction to when someone has even hinted the word gay at me, even in a joke, it wasent ever in relation to heeling as very few people know about that, is the following ussually I offer to show them that I'm not gay by using their mother sister doughter cousin wife, whatever will evoke the biggest reaction from them, that is when it comes from a man when it comes from a woman, when I offer to show them that I'm not gay, havent had any one acccept the offer yet!!! might not be the best way, however has worked for me, and might work for some other as well!!:smile::smile:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to my youngest daughter about this with her bf about the opinion of my oldest, which is the one who went off on me as you all remember. Any way I made the statement of, what if I were gay? She in turn replied, then it would be more excepted by society and no one would bat an eye. Thats sad but true, she said.

real men wear heels

I was talking to my youngest daughter about this with her bf about the opinion of my oldest, which is the one who went off on me as you all remember. Any way I made the statement of, what if I were gay? She in turn replied, then it would be more excepted by society and no one would bat an eye. Thats sad but true, she said.

I beleave she is correct.

Ok, how about we do a little history lesson for everyone: During the 50's and 60's only white shirts were deemed appropraite for men. All colors other than white were "gay". During the early 1900's wristwatches could only be work by women. Men only had the option of a pocket watch. Wristwatches for men were considered "gay". An earring on a man used to be considered "gay". Then it became acceptable for men to wear one earring on the left side. If you wore an earring on the right side, then you were "gay". Now it is componplace for men to wear two earrings and is considered acceptable because football players and other celebrities adopted the trend. Nail polish on men was considered gay, but recently celebrities, athletes, UFC champions, and race car drivers have started wearing nail polish on their toes. Interesting huh! It must be gay because the majority of folks don't understand it. High heels on men are gay even though they were invented by men and for men. George Washington wore heels to his innagural ball. Geroge must have been gay. That is the only way to explain it. Think about that for a while. In the past our forefathers wore heels, makeup and wigs. They must have all been gay. Wait a minute, if they were all gay, how did we get here? Hmmmm.... Women wear every article of clothing that a man wears with the exception of the athletic supporter. Therefore since men are wearing the same clothing that a woman wears, they must be gay. Therefore we are all gay!! Isn't it interesting how history repeats itself and the general public never learns!! Anything that they don't understand or that is feminine is considered gay!! The majority of gay men don't wear heels. They want to look masculine and will most likely wear wingtips and armani suits rather than a skirt and heels. The is something that the majority of society doesn't understand due to the effiminate gay stereotype that is created by Hollywood. So we really have two choices: If you want to wear heels or any other item that is considered feminine: 1. Wear you heels proudly and don't worry about what other people think. Why do you worry about their opinion anyway? In other words, have the balls to be yourself and blaze the trail. 2. Put your heels back in the closet and wait until some athlete or other famous guy starts wearing heels and therefore makes it ok for you to get your heels out and wear them. We all have a decision to make. Will it be option 1 or option 2?

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

well said jamie001, I could not have said that any better then you did just now:smile: your point is VERY well taken on this matter! yes sir, boy if its in any way different why shucks- it must make ALL US MEN gay!!:thumbsup: instantly too!!:smile: yep, all in a instant- take off the heels were all of sudden straight, then presto change-o put 'em back on and what the hell- we all turn GAY by golly!!!:thumbsup: why its simply AMAZING!!!

Johnieheel and Jamie bring up very good points. I might even add on that not long ago, women were frowned on for having jobs that men historically had, and now we have plenty of jobs that women do. Firefighters, doctors, police officers, airline pilots, CEOs, you name it. How many women had those jobs 100 years ago? Not many. Then again, how many male nurses or hairdressers do you think there were back then? Heck, I know folks who apply the "gay" label to almost anything unusual or even slightly feminine. According to them, any guy wearing men's flip flops is gay, any guy who shaves his legs is gay, any guy who voluntarily goes to see plays, musicals, or orchestra performances is gay, and even bicycling can be considered gay. Horrors! Guess I'd better not let on that I do all of those things. My guess is they would run in shear terror if they knew what was in my closet.

Johnieheel and Jamie bring up very good points. I might even add on that not long ago, women were frowned on for having jobs that men historically had, and now we have plenty of jobs that women do. Firefighters, doctors, police officers, airline pilots, CEOs, you name it. How many women had those jobs 100 years ago? Not many. Then again, how many male nurses or hairdressers do you think there were back then?

Heck, I know folks who apply the "gay" label to almost anything unusual or even slightly feminine. According to them, any guy wearing men's flip flops is gay, any guy who shaves his legs is gay, any guy who voluntarily goes to see plays, musicals, or orchestra performances is gay, and even bicycling can be considered gay. Horrors! Guess I'd better not let on that I do all of those things. My guess is they would run in shear terror if they knew what was in my closet.

Interesting you brought that up Dave.

The oldest daughter ,the one who went off on me for heeling in public, is a BOY SCOUT TROOP LEADER and her Mother is a TRUCK DRIVER. Need I say more?

real men wear heels

this is true...i remember bucky beaver,howdy doody and president jiminy cricket(eisenhower).

Jiminy Cricket! My hero.

I'm no fool no sir re, I'm gonna live to be a hundred and three!:thumbsup:

Thought I was the only left standing who remembers Jiminy Cricket.:smile:

real men wear heels

& since I love trains (steam & otherwise) does anyone here remember ENGINEER BILL on tv in the 50s & early 60s? RED LIGHT! GREEN LIGHT! (it was a game that had you drinking your milk & then stopping when told to then starting again whenever the "signal lights" were said):smile:

yes to both questions! like it was yesterday!:smile:

Ditto and what about Chucko the birthday clown with his mini ice cream truck and hobo Kelly with her magic magnifying glass? "Oh look, I see little Johnie and he's playing with his mommies red high heels again out there in tv land.:thumbsup:

Boy, did this thread take a turn or what?

real men wear heels

Alright I know I'm not as experienced as you guys (Old is a lousy word. I know I work in a retirment home.) But I can remember the first Female weather forcaster in Washington D.C. and boy did she take some flak!

As to Heels=Gay: I don't think so! I wear heels and womens clothes but still fathered two children and have a normal monogamous heterosexual marriage of twenty years! That's my two cents.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion as a teenage girl w/ raging hormones is guys in heels= cool! If the football players at school weren't quite as homophobic...there would be a few that would look really good in a pair of pumps. So, no men in heels are no where near gay. BTW, I am one of T&H's two children...so, I hope none of you count my opinion as "scewed" or "biased."

I would like to thank T&H for raising such a wonderful, well spoken daughter! And to Eggnog...as for those football players, wait until your 25th class reunion...it is always interesting how homophobes later turn out to be gay...

Style is built from the ground up!

let's look at it this way..... as we all know here (well the male on the oards anyway): men + high heels <> gay .... however women wearing high heels / total female population = a lot men wearing high heels / total male population = not so much thus people (with ignorance) thinks men wearing high heels is gay as according to them, only women wear high heels..... this actually led me to think about another related type of question but I'll start a new thread for that.... :smile:

Background: I've started wearing heels when my kids are around = knee high boots over skinny jeans. My daughter (nearly 13) is impressed with my heels and my son (nearly 9) just lets me get on with it. My daughter has said I can wear what I want in the house but I musn't wear heels outside as "people will think I'm gay" - she's so right - damn ignorant society,

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

She's so wrong, and as a parent, you ought to teach her that 1) all sexual orientations are equal and discrimination against LGBT is as wrong as racism, sexism etc., and 2) people's prejudices and ignorance are the problem, not your fashion choices - so you shouldn't care about that.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Who is T&H? I don't get out much. BTW I respect and love your opinion. It shows true maturity.

I'd guess that would be tightsnheels that posted in post #111, above, wouldn't it?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.