Attaching chains to shoes

Hi, I'm really new here so maybe this has been asked before. My girlfriend wants me to add chains to her 6" heels. Is there anything you can buy to fix chains onto shoes? She wants a dainty chain (the thickness of an ankle chain) fixed to the leather above the heel, the other end attached near the toes, so the chain hangs down in a loop.

I have done this before, the customer brought a long necklace & I fitted this to the boots. Rather than stitching it straight to the upper I made a couple of little loops of leather each end, to add to the detailing & to allow the chain to be removed/replace easier. I have also stitched key chains onto footwear for a slightly heavier look. Ask your local shoe repairer if he could do it for you. failing that stitch them on your self use a pair of pliers to hold the needle, but hold it close to its tip as you pass it through the leather this will stop it bending! Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Shoes with ankle straps with D-rings to fix the chains would be the best. Tested by lots of BDSM enthusiasts :thumbsup:.

Good idea but she prefers court shoes (6" heels) rather than ankle straps. Could I maybe get someone to fix D-rings to the shoes with small leather strips stitched on?

Could I maybe get someone to fix D-rings to the shoes with small leather strips stitched on?

Rather than stitching it straight to the upper I made a couple of little loops of leather each end, to add to the detailing & to allow the chain to be removed/replace easier.

This is the reason I use small loops of leather, as mentioned! the reasoning behind this is that you can make the loops a nice size for the chain supplied.

It helps keep the "look" of the shoes more aesthetically pleasing.

the second advantage of using small pieces of leather is should the finer chain get broken it can be replaces without further work from your cobbler. simply remove & replace.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

I have done this before, the customer brought a long necklace & I fitted this to the boots.

Rather than stitching it straight to the upper I made a couple of little loops of leather each end, to add to the detailing & to allow the chain to be removed/replace easier... Lee

Also, it occurs to me that by using a little leather loop or pad at each end of the chain that one might could also install some small snaps by which one could attach the chains to the shoes. In this manner one would be able to add or remove the chains to the shoes whenever one pleased. With a little thought a number of possibilities come to mind.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Also, it occurs to me that by using a little leather loop or pad at each end of the chain that one might could also install some small snaps by which one could attach the chains to the shoes. In this manner one would be able to add or remove the chains to the shoes whenever one pleased. With a little thought a number of possibilities come to mind.

OK, I'm sold on the idea of a leather loop with a D ring. Now, anyone got any suggestions where I go to find a person who can do this for me?