Corset And Heels

Leigh

Hi girls i was wondering if any of you ever tried to wear a corset. i would like to try it but it would be nice to know wich kind to buy. I think it could be great with a nice pair of heels. So what i would like to know is: How do it feal to wear it. Whats good and bad with wearing them. And what type do you wear. Some pictures could be great. Thx Leigh.

I don't know much about corsets but I have a corset-style top which I really like to wear as part of one of my favourite outfits. It feels tight at first but I get used to it pretty quickly. What's good about wearing them is that they show off my curves quite nicely (I'm very petite but it accentuates my figure) and as for what type, sorry, I have no idea!

I have a few...if you're talking about "real" corsets (not the kind from like Frederick's). If you really get into it you'll want a custom made one, but for starters I'd look on the web, just get your first about 4" smaller than your natural waist and work at it! Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

the best corsets are rigid high quality soft leather corsets.

i have a corset like that and it feels and looks amazing, snug and tight, but fabulous i think.

it's a great fashion tool as well, and i often combine it with a cool funky skirt and some killer heels to go out as well.

just don't buy crappy corsets, they might be ok in the bedroom, but they have little use and don't look as nice as the real ones.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z280/loreblum/DSC_0572-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

When I was dancing I was in a corset more days than not but since getting married it has slipped. Do not count on the cheap ones at Fredericks of Hollywood or La Senza but have one made for you. This makes sure it sits on your breasts properly and has the correct taper for your body shape. When I was a 24 inch waist I corsetted to a 22. Now that I am a 26 I would like to get a 24 inch one made. Nothing more sexy than a gal in a corset with her heels on. :o

• 4 weeks later...

definitly get one custom made, or at least a high quality corset from a place that makes custom ones, because if you discuss it with them, they will be able to make sure its one that fits at least and steer you away from one that wouldnt.. underbust is alot more forgiving for non custom corsets than overbust ones.. those practically will have to be custom. my worst negative from wearing corsets... after about 8 hours they can start itching, mostly when you just start wearing them at there tightest, so be ready for it.. other than that.. their nice and ive found they dont restrict movement nearly as much as i thought they would... also if you plan on wearing them for such a long period, you may or may not have to change your clothing styles depending on if you want to let the world know your wearing them.. and.. with such a smaller waist, youll definitly need to figure out what your going to do with skirts/pants and how they sit

I started wearing a corset frequently after a wedding I had to go to as a bridesmaid which had a corset as part of the dress. It wasn't cheap or expensive but was made to fit me. Before this I would not have dreamed it and even was concerned for the weddding that I'd be in pain for 6-8hr. I had a few trial runs before the wedding and felt more comfortable and got up to 4hr, but couldn't wear it took long for fear of damage or stain. After the wedding I felt fine and didn't want to take it off, it was like being permantly hugged and it was only a 2-3" reduction. To make it easier, just in case for the big day I barely ate for 2 days and avoided bloating type foods. I was hooked and in heels I felt so sexy and my bf loved it, but I had a lot of hit and misses trying to get one that felt fine. Generally the off the rack under bust are ok to a point, but the over bust, forget it (I'm a 12E and love a cleveage look). Eventually stumbled across Tiny Sulphide's website and her very stiff black leather one by Albert and while hers were extreme reduction, I loved the leather look and overall design. Being in Australia Albert was out of reach, but with some help from a local maker who services the extreme end of the market. I got a black leather very stiff over bust corset which was designed for a 4" reduction and with some minor adjustments, fits well even afetr 24hr days although it took about a month to really get used to it and down fully done up. I wear this often, especialy during winter where a jacket or jumper can be used to show as much or as low as I want depending on the occasion. With a low flowing skirt underneath its very sexy and I get lots of compliments. Heels not a problem, but not complete freedom either. My prefered heel is 3-5" with a 0.5" platform for comfort under the sole.

• 2 weeks later...

heelsrule, I have never worn a corset, but the idea of wearing one is very appealing. Your comment about feeling like you are being hugged is a good one. I think what appeals to me, like high heels with ankle straps, is the feeling of being held and confined. I can't explain why this is appealing, but it is, which is probably why i wear tight jeans, tight tops, tight skirts and tight dresses.

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised there haven't been more responses. There are corsets and corset want-a-bees. If your buget it tight, save to get a real one. The others are waste (not waist) of money. Like heelsrule, sienna, fashionista and thehighheelsgirl, I own several custom corsets. I am not talented enough to lace them properly alone but hubby or a g/f seem to always be willing to help. I love wearing them hidden or showing, depending on my mood and the occassion. I do tend to wear them a bit more if I have fallen off my diet. You can wear them with just about anything, of course my husband perfers them with just heels but tolerates them (oh yeah) as part of an outfit. Go to a local corset shop, if your lucky to have one, and simply try a few on and ask a lot of questions. The owners will be glad to help you. Be careful, like wearing heels, wearing corsets is also very addictive. Have fun shopping, Peggy

Can't really offer an advice on a 'real corset' the serious kind. I own a few from Fredrick's and places like that. I like the ones I have and think they look great. They are tight but also know they are more fashion than function.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I bought two from a place called Rawhide in Birmingham. I went there and was measured up when I was in the area. They are very luxurious and make me feel like some kind of invulnerable flower. I rarely find occasion to wear them but I just love them.

peggy as far as self lacing them, it mainly just takes practice. for the longest time i used two full length mirrors so i could see behind myself and what i was doing. i still do honestly. also, ive found certain lacing patterns are easier to self lace than others. its hard to describe of course whice is easiest, since for everyone its different, but you may just have to unlace and relace your corset a different way in order to be able to lace it yourself.

• 4 months later...

I am surprised there haven't been more responses.

There are corsets and corset want-a-bees. If your buget it tight, save to get a real one. The others are waste (not waist) of money.

Like heelsrule, sienna, fashionista and thehighheelsgirl, I own several custom corsets. I am not talented enough to lace them properly alone but hubby or a g/f seem to always be willing to help.

I love wearing them hidden or showing, depending on my mood and the occassion. I do tend to wear them a bit more if I have fallen off my diet.

You can wear them with just about anything, of course my husband perfers them with just heels but tolerates them (oh yeah) as part of an outfit.

Go to a local corset shop, if your lucky to have one, and simply try a few on and ask a lot of questions. The owners will be glad to help you. Be careful, like wearing heels, wearing corsets is also very addictive.

Have fun shopping,

Peggy

I've worn two corsets, one was custom made (and fit like it). The other is a Vollers over-the-bust. It fits very well, for being off the rack. I only wear it on very special occasions.

Self-lacing isn't hard, once you figure out how the laces are placed (where that middle loop is). Although it helps to have a second mirrror, one will work. Patience is the most important part of the process. Also, you need to allow enough time for your body to "settle in" to the corset, and then lace a little tighter.

The easiest way to control the itching and make the corset wearable for long periods is to wear a silky chemise or camisole next to the skin. This also helps keep the corset clean of body oils and perspiration.

There is no doubt that wearing a corset with stilettoes makes me feel ultra sexy.

• 1 year later...

Hi I love corsets and I do have about twenty different of them from real victorian ones to ultra modern ones. And of course Highheels and corsets go hand to hand. They both look and feel great separately vorn but defenately are clorious together.:silly:

My fiancé has a thing for corsets so I have spent quite a bit of time in them, not nearly as much time as in heels though. I agree with everyone else that the fredericks corsets are not real corsets that are going to do much to the figure. I have several real corsets that lets him cinch me down to give me the look he likes and that usually leaves me gasping for air. The things I do for him… I tell you. The look is very dramatic though and amazing. I would wear them more if they were a bit more practical. For now I just wear them when we go out on date nights and other special times. I think the heels, stockings and corsets make for an amazing look.

• 1 year later...

The two go together like strawberries and cream! I have been corseted for 35 years with increasing severity and am now the proud possessor of a very small and tightly-;aced waist. I know it might sound heretical but if I had to give up one or the other I'm afraid the heels would have to go.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried some corsets, and I very very like the feeling in them and the shape I get. But so far I only had off-the-rack corsets and they are not really good-fitting and long-time wearing is not so comfortable. So I decided now to order a custom-made one, which I plan to get around the end of this year. And I expect to get some waist-reduction from it if I wear it for long periods. I think corsets fit together with heels very well.

You would be very lucky indeed to find one "off the rack" that fits you at all well.

You need to take the plunge and have one made by someone reputable.

I have tried some corsets, and I very very like the feeling in them and the shape I get. But so far I only had off-the-rack corsets and they are not really good-fitting and long-time wearing is not so comfortable. So I decided now to order a custom-made one, which I plan to get around the end of this year. And I expect to get some waist-reduction from it if I wear it for long periods. I think corsets fit together with heels very well.

• 7 months later...

I have three corsets, all custom made and all heavily boned. They are the perfect compliment for heels in that they continue accenting my figure by modifying my posture. If anyone is planning to buy one I strongly suggest the underbust models. They usually are a better fit and more forgiving. If you want the uplift look wear a wired push up bra with it and the results are truly amazing.