"safe" street heeling

heelma

We discussed this now many times here - what to wear for street heeling as a man and the fear of being laughed at, being humiliated, being recognized or at least being secretly taped.

I posted recently to have bought some 5.5" PF shoes with a chunky heel and 1.5" PF. I am attaching some pictures how that looks from the side with long jeans when standing, from the front, while walking, and how it would look with a shorter jeans. (I removed the background for safety reasons, but you can get the message.) Yes, I know that this may look "boring" to some of you and won't make others feel "girlie" enough. Knowing this, the pure intention for this "outfit" is to get out on the streets with heels and hardly ever being noticed. Figure these long jeans and a simple white T-shirt on top, so besides those shoes a completely manly outfit that doesn't stand out from the crowd at all. Infact, you want to look as inconspicious and normal as possible, when you are afraid that your shoes may be noticed.

Yesterday, I walked around for more than 1 hour in New York wearing the shoes just as shown, and I came across hundreds of people. I noticed that maybe 3-4 of them saw it and looked at me "funnily". Probably, there are more who sat in cars at a red stop light when I crossed the street right in front of them, and probably also some more behind me and I just didn't notice those. Before that, I wore them in other cities in the area with the same jeans, just a different shirt or sweater, with the same result. This works also with various wedges, with or w/o PF.

My conclusion is that as long as you don't run into someone you know and who starts talking to you, or a group of teenages accidentally notices and starts to scream, this is "safe". Btw, I am more than 6' w/o heels, and even the pure fact that I was that tall didn't raise any eyebrows.

However, when I wore PF shoes with a pointy toe, slightly higher platform and stiletto heel, many more people noticed that. Also, when I wore 5" stiletto sandalsw/o PF with these jeans where you only see the toes when standing and the bottom tip of the heel when walking, I can guarantee that 75% of the people will notice. This doesn't mean that they will then do anything bad, but just be aware that stilettos, sandals, pointy toes and the like are much more striking than these round-toe, chunky heel, PF shoes.

post-3379-133522859045_thumb.jpg

post-3379-133522859047_thumb.jpg

post-3379-133522859049_thumb.jpg

post-3379-133522859052_thumb.jpg

Hi, since I am new here and just introduced myself this morning, I don't know how previous discussions have been on this. Anyway, your choices are very similar to how I street heel. I have several similar ones, but my favorites are some black chunky wedge knee boots (4.5" rubber heel, 1" in front) that when covered with boot cut jeans is rather unnoticable as anything than fancier looking mens shoes. I only do this sort of thing in the evening going out with the wife, never at work or with friends. Otherwise, at home, well I of course wear the more exciting stuff. :thumbsup:

One addition to this - I was out heeling again in the same "outfit" in a city, went to Walmart, etc, and maybe 2 people noticed. One was a construction worker/flagger who held traffic when necessary. I saw him staring and smiling at me (not the "nice smile", but more the "laugh-at-me smile"). Again, as usual: people who are bored out of their mind and have nothing else to do than looking at people are the most likely candidates who notice my heels. I was actually very inclined to walk over to him and tell him that I am happy to make his day more interesting, but then I decided not to ...

I bought a pair of pumps with a 6.5" high heel and 1.5" platform at my favorite exotic boutique where I know the owners. That day when I bought them, I put them on (while wearing a three piece suit) and I stood at the counter ordering another pair of high heels. There were four other men in this small store, all different ages. Being silly, as I found a pair to order from the catalog, I lifted one of my legs behind me almost touching my rear end and I said "Oooooh, these are the pair of high heels that I'm looking for and I can't wait for them to come in so that I can try them on and wear them." It was like time froze. No one said anything or even moved. They all just looked at me, and watched me every step of the way as I left the store. I don't know what the others were doing in there, but I was pretty sure it was safe to wear high heels there and even flaunt it a little.:thumbsup:

From the visible buckle I see in the last pic, they look like Mary Janes. As to the rest of them, can't see how anyone wouldn't notice them. They have a PF after all; but I guess the fact that they're rounded-toe and not pointy is the reason why it doesn't catch many's attention.

Formally "HHDude"

I'm sure the other men in the boutique were very envious and wished they had the nerve to do that. We used to know the owners of an exotic shoe store and shopped there. Saw a man one or two times when we went in, but they scurried out right away since they weren't alone any more. Do they think the are fooling anyone? They aren't.

I do love those MJ platforms, as I have a pair exactly like them! Haven't gone out in them under my flares yet, but may just have to now!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

From the visible buckle I see in the last pic, they look like Mary Janes. As to the rest of them, can't see how anyone wouldn't notice them. They have a PF after all; but I guess the fact that they're rounded-toe and not pointy is the reason why it doesn't catch many's attention.

That's those shoes right here:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/10503-streetheeling_what_footwear-7.html#post165252

People who do look at my shoes, will immediately see them, yes. But as I said, my repeated experience with this "outfit" is that hardly anyone does. They even make some noise, too, btw. But regular men shoes can do, too.