What kind of car do you drive?

I didn't see any previous threads on this topic. Since cars are one of my other passions, I just have to ask. What kind of cars does everyone drive? Right now I own a 1975 Chevy Chevelle Malibu Classic and a 1994 Chevy S10 Blazer. I'm always looking for someone to share my passions with, and this one ranks as high on my list as high heels.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daily one is a Lexus GS300 but if the weather is fine I sometimes drive an Alfa Romeo GTV2000 of 1980, or my Triumph Spitfire Mk2 of 1966. I still have a 1968 Cadilac De Ville Convertible and a Rover P6 SC2000 of 1969 that are in the process of restauration in my cellar.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Aha.. steel monsters, another interesting subject!

This is my first one:

Posted Image

Year 2000 Volvo V70 classic, 5cyl, 2.5L, 20V, 170 bhp.

Very good car, a bit boring perhaps to most of you, but fun to drive. Not fully loaded (Volvo has more options than I can afford :lol:), but it has the most essential things like leather interior, automatic climate control, traction control, 5 speed autobox, adaptive suspension, electric seats & mirrors, heated seats, etc. Also very safe, so my wife drives this one.

But the car I really like is this one:

Posted Image

Year 1991 Ford Scorpio, 2.9i V6, 150 bhp, and this one is FULLY loaded... It has always been my favourite car! It only has 137kkm (85 k miles) and it is in perfect shape.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

1993 Audi 80 2.6 V6. Beautiful car to drive and quick as ***t off a shovel! Electronic 4 speed auto with sports setting so I can REALLY annoy all those stupid boy racers! Oh yeah, and a cd player too!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

don't have a licence, I have a Farm hack for thrashing around Dad's farm ~60 Km/h it is a rusty VERY rusty, white 1977 datsun 120Y auto sedan (sold in the states as a datsun B210) the front shock absorber are gone (still there but don't work!) the lights still work though, most things still work even the am radio. I modified the exhaust it now finishes

under the front passenger seat and now has a hot dog muffler so it's quite loud ~65Db i guess

I also have a Tamiya TXT-1 - my namesake www.txt1.net

the ones on this site aren't mine though! it's not a full scale car but I do drive mine - hard

I like not having a licence as I can spend my money on other things,

"The Defect" does't count as it had only cost me the price of a set (4) spark plugs

I have a 1999 Pugeot 406, 2 litre, which I drive for work. It's got climate control and a CD auto changer, and that's about it. At weekends I drive my BMW 325i, which is the 2.5 litre straight 6 engine. It has M-technic suspension (apparently) and is a total blast. I may post some photos when I get around to taking some. ObShoe: I can drive the Pug perfectly well in heels, but I haven't dared try this in the BMW yet. It's wet out here just now, and I've already startled myself a couple of times in it :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I drive a 1999 Volvo FL6 at work. It has a six litre engine and around 650BHP. It does 56mph flat out but without a governor it would probably do around 100MPH. You don't time 0-60 with a stopwatch, you use a calendar! Good for moving house though as I can get 12 tonnes of freight on it!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

volvo FL6 nice truck don't see many of those here see the occasional FL12 though. coolshoes i wouldn't have thought a Volvo that had 600 hp and sorry i am half deaf so the loudness figure might be out a bit, nice cars everyone else btw my car goes faster than 50 km/h infact it does 100 km/h but like i said in my last post its pretty scary above 50 but i do plan on retiring it soon (too much rust - have another body shell but cant be bothered swapping things over ito it.

I have to admit to being stupid enough to see what I can do in my Mustang.

I have yet to bury the needle, however I have made it up to 170 km/h before backing out of it. :lol:

I wasn't totally insane when I did this though, I picked a nice quiet, straight, dry stretch of freeway first.

Chris

Should I be glad I wasn't with you when you did that? Or sad because I missed out?

Or maybe it is only a matter of time before you show me this?

But then, I am not the one setting the record for the drive between two Alberta cities... :(

A red one ... Make ? Euh ... Has to be an old Sierra if i rememeber, Never been a car maniac. I find that having a brand new fancy car is too frustrating once you start to get scratches etc which is unavoidable when living in a large city. With an old car, i don't care. The best car I ever had in my life ? Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 with a 6 cylinder petrol guzzling engine ... I wasn't paying for the gas tough. Vanessa

1989 Chevrolet (4x4) Blazer, though my preferred rig would be one of the (now discontinued) Toyota Landcruiser bobtails.

I heard once, Laurie and Chris11, that a certain Canadian East/West hiway had a big billboard in the middle of a 300 mile straight stretch that said, simply, "BORING...ISN'T IT??"

Any truth to it? Also heard that on a similar straight stretch, the Canadian Government had to put in an otherwise useless or meaningless set of curves just to wake people up, because of the number of hi-way hypnosis-related accidents that kept occuring near that point of the road. Any truth to that one too? :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

A red one ...

Make ? Euh ... Has to be an old Sierra if i rememeber,

Vanessa

Can't really beat Sierras, this is the first time I have ever replaced an old car with the same model!!

Next car? Dunno. Don't like Mondeos much though the MK2 looks better than the MK1. I think I may go for a larger Vauxhall, a Vectra or Omega.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi Dr Shoe, the previous one was already a SIERRA, 2 l. petrol engine. It was 12 years old and fairly battered when I sold it (to a friend who still drove it for over a year). Mileage ? Something like to the moon and back .... The present one, parat from being red, is a 1600cc. OK I miss the power of the 2 l but i see the difference on my petrol bill at the end of the month. As i'm abroad for the time being, the car peacegfully resting in a garage in the country side. Van-the Man-Essa

Ah! Another convertable man. I too own a convertable. A 1983 Buick Riviera -- white with a red leather interior. Bought it brand new and still have it. Now, I wish I still had the 1963 Corvair Spyder Convert that my dad and I restored -- that was my first car -- But, as they say, hindsight is 20-20.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...

I drive a black 1970 Cadillac S&S Victoria. I need to get it repainted sometime, as soon as I can find a person who will do it for a fair price, and not try to overcharge me because I'm a woman! (Hmm, may start a thread onthat in the Rants section one day) :lol:

So many shoes, so little time...

Hi Jezebel, please clarify what car that is, I just checked the 70's Cadilac models and am unable to find anything called like that. If I remember SS was used by Chevy on its Camaro and Chevelle models, and Victoria was a name used by Ford in the 50's.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Burgundy '94 Honda Integra,1600 V-Tec Cream '94 Mitzi Delica,2.8 diesel Burgundy over gold '97 Nissan Safari GrandRoad SWB 4x4, 4.2 turbo diesel . Fitted an alloy bull bar, winch and a set of mags to Nissan,the others are stock standard.

1999 Volvo V70 GLT modified for 10 psi of boost, from 6. Pretty darned fast when you really get into it. 1996 Volvo 960 wagon, wifemobile 1986 Volvo 740 Turbo. Heavily modified, 10 psi of boost, 300K miles. 5 spd (4 + od). I've owned this car since it was new. I use synthetic oil in all my cars.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.