As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

Answer the door. Since I will probably also have a kilt/skirt of some kind on, what difference would it make. The eyes probably would not get off the skirt anyway.

-- Brandy

So as I was eating dinner the door bell went off. Since I was watching the news with a tray on my lap. I was enough to get up, set the tray down, wipe my hands off and get to the door.

Not considering I was wearing my new Sofft Rochelle ankle boots, ankle length skirt, with support hose underneath.

As perdicted the eyes never made it past the skirt.

So what is the best way to hide a pair of heels? In plain sight, under a skirt.

-- Brandy

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just answer the door who cares, one time I was playing with my daughter who had put a pink ribbon in my hair I answered the door and I thought what is this guy looking at, then I thought oh dear pink ribbon, but he had gone by then so what.

life is not a rehearsal

Just answer the door who cares, one time I was playing with my daughter who had put a pink ribbon in my hair I answered the door and I thought what is this guy looking at, then I thought oh dear pink ribbon, but he had gone by then so what.

Was he screeming and running at full tilt when he departed? :winkiss::silly::lmao::clap:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I voted "depending on style" because I actualy did stepped once out of my stiletto pumps answering the door, but mostly I do not care. I love to see the eyes go down and up when I open the door for the unexpected visitor. Heelin'F

i actually take em off, but all my friends know i like heels, even girls :winkiss: they think its cool, so if it was from my friends i wont worry much, but usually it's not, cuz when my friends come to my home they usually check is it i will be @ home, usually its my grandmas friends, shes son, my dad who come to my home i' m afraid what would say my dad for that, my grandma know's it too and its allright with it, so i dont care about her.

every human has they own choices...

I generally chicken out - make a mad dash to get out of heels, hide them, put on socks to cover any marks and then (and only then) answer the door:nervous:

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

If you are a little shy, how about switching off the door bell when you are wearing heels. An alternative is to keep a full length dressing gown or kaftan in the hall to put on when you get an unexpected caller. Personally I answer the door in heels, after all it is my house!

9 times out of 10 i will answer in full regalia(total fetish leather). perhaps i can scare a pest away. if its someone i dont want to reveal my "hobby" too,then i dont answer the door. no need to feel uneasy about it later. sort of a risk/analysis exercise,really. as an aside,if i am seen in public wearing my fetish gear by someone i interact with as a "normal" male(i hate the term,but there it is), i make it a point to chat them up like i was running for office,without discussing what i am wearing. ive found that it doesnt usually cause any harm in the long wrong. one friend of my wifes stated to her after such an occasion "that he is such a nice guy,it doesnt matter what he wears".

To save any embarrassment I just don't answer the door and besides I consider wearing my boots as "my time" and so very precious and would not want to be interupted unless the friend had told me in advance that they were calling, I live far out in the countryside so people are seldom "just passing" which does help:rudolf:

Just done it Came home early (in block heels) Sky/satellite technician almost followed me in the door by 2 minutes. I just went to the door and let him in without thinking, I don't think I could have done it in stilettos . These aren't too showy or obvious so stick with it, ride it out. I think he had caught a glimpse because on the way out he looked down at my feet as stepping though the door, except it wasn't fully open, only a touch on the shoulder but hey concentrate. other than that no comment Original box was freezing up between channels this one died ten minutes later. I'm now waiting for a return visit. maybe today or a confirmed for tuesday, just glad we got a backup box. Al

Yesterday somebody knocked and it turned out to be a guy from the SAT (Mexican equivalent to US IRS), conducting a survey about the current economic crisis.

I was wearing jeans, t-shirt and 12cm heeled black sandals with a thick heel. While no hiden, the shoes were not exactly visible (these pants are men's straight leg or whatever are they called). I answered all the questions, and in the +- 4 minutes it took, this guy NEVER moved his sight from my feet. I was expecting him to ask something, but he never did. It was fun.

And this has happened a few times more, always with the same shoes. So far no one has said anything, but few has dared to look at my face after seeing my heels...>=)

(Standard disclaimer: Sorry for my english and I hope at least you get the idea.)

If you are a little shy, how about switching off the door bell when you are wearing heels.

"Switching off the door bell..." :winkiss: Is that a standard feature in England? It's not here in America!

Neat idea, though...

An alternative is to keep a full length dressing gown or kaftan in the hall to put on when you get an unexpected caller.

There you go. I usually wear a skirt with heels while at home, and towards the end of a long weekend, I sometimes forget I'm wearing them. One Monday I answered the door. Mailman. He didn't bat an eye. Nice.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

A year ago, I would have pulled off my heels and run to the door. Today, I would go to the door in my heels and unless it is my mom or a business collegue, I would open the door. I don't care anymore unless it would affect my job. My mom is not very open to anything outside her own little definition of normal. I don't even want to go there with her. I have been increasing the number of times I wear heels out in the evening and on weekends. I wear them to the mall, dinner, etc... What do I care about the UPS guy at the door?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep my heels on and answer the door. My legs are always shaved, toe nails painted (if I'm wearing peep toes or mules), and most always wearing some heels around the house. I've had delivery people look and maybe smile, but so far no comments.

Hmmm. In the day I opt for the easy option - quickly take the off and answer the door barefooted. If it's dark then I keep them on - if I switch the hall and outside light off it's quite dark. Wearing my favourite Aldo knee high boots now and just had an unexpected caller! What a buzz.

a) Button my jeans and then answer the door. ;) Look to see if s/he is cute, and perhaps invite them in. d) Open the door immediately and ask if anyone wants to party. But there is no wrong answer here. All are correct, or could be.

• 1 month later...

I could not participate in this poll since I have multiple answers. #1 - if it is a delivery man, I slip off the heels and answer. #2 - if it is someone I know and might expect to come inside, I don't answer. #3 - if it is someone who I don't know and would never invite inside, I would either slip off the heels and answer if I were wearing jeans, or leave the heels on and not answer if I were wearing a skirt and hosiery.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 4 weeks later...

LoL, I answered the door the other day without thinking about anything except whether or not I was wearing heels (I wasn't). But I've grown so used to wearing skirts that I answered the door in a dark gray sarong below my black t-shirt, with black learth sandals (mens', flats). The UPS guy didn't bat an eye, so it didn't dawn on me that I was wearing a skirt until I sat down to open the package (my textbook, as I'm back in school to finish my masters). Given his reaction, I think next time I go to the door in heels and it's the UPS guy, if I do remember I'm wearing them, I'll just keep them on. I did answer the door for the mailman one time while wearing long jeans and 2.5 inch heeled boots, but my pants were low enough that I don't think he noticed.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was working away at the computer wearing my 4" heels and black boot cut jeans when the door bell rang, I was not expecting anybody so a quick check through the frosted glass of the front door, It didn't look like anybody I knew so I answered the door expecting a salesman or the post. No it was my next door neighbor wanting some advice on a problem with his car. With no other option and not wanting to be rude I had to invite him in. We talked through the problem with his car and after about ten minuets he was away to fix the problem. I don't think he even noticed my heels or at least he didn't show it! So it really did prove to me that people are so involved in there own lives that if you act natural and don't draw attention to yourself you can get away with anything including heels!

Last night I was in the kitchen cooking supper. I was wearing a brown t-shirt, long mens darker jeans and my favorite brown 4" stilleto knee boots under my jeans. The kitchen door was opened and out of nowhere a female neighbor was at the door calling for me or my wife. She didn't see me right away, but I came around the corner and greeted her and opened the door to let her in. She stayed and talked for about 15 minutes, the toes of my boots clearly showing the whole time. I don't believe that she ever looked down, but she certainly never seemed to notice, not that she could have seen the heel under my jeans. It never seemed to cross my mind that leaving the kitchen door opened would take the choice of running and hiding away from me. All in all it was a good experience. We even left the kitchen door opened again tonight!