As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

Well given I only have three pairs, and only one of them would probably be discreet enough with my normal choice of attire, I'd have to change depending on where exactly I was and which pair I was currently wearing. :smile: Also I'd have a look outside through a window to see if it was the mail or family...!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't remember if this situation ever happened to me as I usually don't wear heels at home, or at least only if I know for 200% that no unexpected visitors or relatives will show up. The rare times this occasion occurred, I think I either took them off and hid them or didn't answer. But I can't really vote on this one either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This very thing happened to me tonight. I had just made myself a cup of coffee and was walking from the kitchen to the family room and someone rang the front door bell -- which surprised me because the way our house is situated on the lot, the front is at the back and the back is at the front facing the ocean, so no one ever uses the front door. Without thinking, I turned left into the front hall and opened the door. There was a man and a woman collecting money for a charity. So, I set my cup down on the hall table, took out my wallet and handed them a $20 bill. They wrote a receipt for the contribution, thanked me and walked back to their car. It was only after they left that I remembered I was wearing a pair of Penny loafer style pumps with 3" block heels. What is even more puzzling is that I don't even remember if they had any reaction to me at the door in heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

This very thing happened to me tonight. I had just made myself a cup of coffee and was walking from the kitchen to the family room and someone rang the front door bell -- which surprised me because the way our house is situated on the lot, the front is at the back and the back is at the front facing the ocean, so no one ever uses the front door.

Without thinking, I turned left into the front hall and opened the door. There was a man and a woman collecting money for a charity. So, I set my cup down on the hall table, took out my wallet and handed them a $20 bill. They wrote a receipt for the contribution, thanked me and walked back to their car.

It was only after they left that I remembered I was wearing a pair of Penny loafer style pumps with 3" block heels. What is even more puzzling is that I don't even remember if they had any reaction to me at the door in heels.

If I had to make a guess, they might not even have seen your shoes, depending on what kind of pants you were wearing.

It is easy to forget that your are wearing heels if you are comfortable about it. Only today a friend of the wife's came round whilst I was wearing three inch block heel ankle boots and in the half hour she was in I don't think she even noticed. I didn't make any effort to conceal (or show) my heels.

I have answered this thread before, but this just happened to me now. I was doing a little housework wearing jeans, t-shirt, and my black patent leather Femme Fitiche pumps with a 6" high heel and 1 1/2" platform. They are so comfortable and I love wearing them. I was hurrying around the house and the doorbell rang and and just ran to the door to answer it. There was a little girl and her mother selling items for the little girl's fundraiser. As I stepped out onto my porch, I realized I was wearing high heels although my jeans covered most of the shoe. I took the catalog and quickly found something (candy) to order, filled out the form and gave it back to them. They thanked me and walked away. I really couldn't see any unusual reaction from either of them, so I don't know if they got a good look at my high heels. I just stood on the porch for a moment surveying the neighborhood daring anyone to see me in my high heels. I went back inside and am posting now. Since the experience was really kind of uneventful, yet fun, I'll probably answer the door from now on wearing high heels and anticipate the reaction.

I never really gave it much thought. I suppose I mostly look out of the window to see who's car is in the drive. If there's no car I look through the spy hole in my front door. If it's a guy and I don't know him I'll do my best to identify them before opening the door.

• 1 month later...

Interesting experience yesterday; I was wearing my Steve Madden cork wedge sandals around the house, and I happened to be squatting next to my office door petting the cat when I realized somebody was about to knock on the front door - and they could see me. I was a little caught off guard because I didn't know who it was and wasn't expecting anyone, but I answered the door, shoes in full view. It was a couple of Obama supporters asking if I was going to vote, but they were both somewhat goth in their appearance. Maybe goth isn't quite the right description, but the guy had one of those huge earrings that makes a large hole through the ear, had the side of his head shaved, and was wearing a brightly colored outfit. His female friend was similarly dressed. Then it dawned on me that there should be no trouble here. They were very pleasant to talk to, but I realized that we were very much the same. Expressing our own style, despite being a little out of the norm. I think the lady glanced at my shoes, but that was it. Darn, I was actually hoping she might comment.

its just depends who is at the door as to if i will wear my heels . most of the time im wearing some wedge heels and i walk out to my mailbox wearing them and have had my neighbors drive by and seen me wearing them so no big deal . i wear my high heeled boots to my work at least the boots with the bigger heels cause the pointy one sink in the ground to much.

:winkiss: Thats too funny! But I guess we all now what a barak obama is.:nervous::):smile: :smile: Well maybe this just might be the kind of change we need. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After thinking about it , maybe this is the kind of change we need. Not to get off subject. Dem white boy's aint done to good a job up in that big office lately.:sad::smile:

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

Generally i will take them off,but on the odd occasion i have answered the door in them but have kind of hid behind it slightly so they were not on show, salesman type call etc , have obscure glass front door so can usually tell who is there.did almost get caught out once may mate knocked the door and then walked straight in , boy did i have too move sharpish!!

As I sit at the embroidery machine at the entrance of our shop in my heels and people come and go, they do not seem to have a problem with it. No one has ever said a word about my foot wear. My feet are in plain site. A man walked in yesterday for alterations on some pants. I was sitting there in my 3 1/2" suade knee highs in plain view. He remembered me from 4 or 5 years ago and we had a nice little chat just up dating our lives in the past few years as my wife quoted him a price. Never said a word or gave a strange look or anything about my boots. Whats the big deal?

real men wear heels

• 3 months later...

I would always remove my shoes before answering the door. However, I did step outside the front door to retreive the newspaper in a nightgown and a pair of 4 inch gold heels. I don't think anyone saw me, but who cares if they did?

Most people call and we get together elsewhere. I've had five buzzers in the last year, three of them sales people.

They're fun when I walk out in heels!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

What is an obama? Is that some kind of alcohalic mix drink or something?:silly:

Right on! It's sort of like a White Russian, only you have to add the XXXXX equivalent of vodka. :winkiss: Believe me, after 3 of those yer ready for the "special olympics". :clap:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Originally Posted by johnieheel Posted Image

What is an obama? Is that some kind of alcohalic mix drink or something?

[/unquote]

It would be if it had a paper umbrella in it :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.