As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

Until today, I had no answer because I've not worn heels at home. No problem, I just don't wear outdoor shoes in the house.

Yesterday I wore some new boots most of the day to get used to wearing them. [They are a bit snug.] Today I put on the court shoes I had lying around to make sure they fitted bare footed - as it were.

Got two deliveries (work from home) so today for the first time ever I had to make a decision. Given these shoes are patent with 4 1/2" heels, they had to go. :thumbsup:

My neighbour 2 doors down, works for the Post Office. If I get seen by my postman (first caller) everyone around will 'know' inside 24 hours. That can't happen, so they had to come off. UPS guy won't be around again for more than a month, but I didn't need to embarrass him for the 10 seconds I signed for the delivery. I simply removed them. Easy for us both. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted to check to see who's there, and then it would also depend on the heels I had on. A couple years ago I had on 4" heeled boots and was sitting in the living room watching TV (the wife was away) and a friend unexpectedly came to the door. The blind was up and he could plainly see me sitting there, but I managed to scoot out of his view and take them off before letting him in. Lesson learned there, to always pull the blind. Many years prior to that I had on a pair of (the first wife's) knee high lace ups with only 2" heels when a friend came to the door. For whatever reason I just left them on and let him in. Had a nice conversation and nothing was ever said, even though the heels and lacing were clearly visible.

"It's just a flesh wound"

If someone calls to the door when I am wearing boots, I panic like a mad man, start to unzip or pull off my boots one by one, stumbling around the place. I then answer the door feeling very paranoid that the person there knows. Stillies result in the same reaction, pretty much, minus the stumbling. :thumbsup: Thats the honest truth.

I had this today . a friend went by , ringing on the front door . I was lucky , saw him arriving enand took off my platform boots and stockings . I answered on the door barefooted , we talked for about 20 minutes , he left and I put back on the stockings and boots , continued my interrupted work . I din't dare to open the door wearing platform boots.

I've slipped out of my platform boots before answering the door on several occasions. However, there have been days that I've worm "passable" looking boots with a 3.5 chunky heel and have kept them on, but they are very loud. Because of the tile work by the front entrance of my home, it's always been interesting to watch the eyes of repairmen coming following me into the house to fix an appliance. Only one commented, "nice boots" after clearly seeking my honking heels. (I'll treasue that memory.):thumbsup:

a few days ago a friend of mine rings to my door. He knows I like wear high heels, but he has never seen me in HH. I took off my heels and opened the door.

I have camera rigged up so can see who's at front door which makes life easier if i need to avoid peeps. fortunately my ex doesn't pop around without warning and then only to drop the kids off so safe on that one. my mum hasn't got into habit of popping round yet either. they 2 peeps that i try so avoid. my brother is only other one and he doesn't come around either. family = no heels others = why not

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at this thread since it's inception, and none of the choices work for me. Twenty years ago, I would have have a panic attack including a tremendous adrenaline surge leading to an accelerated heart rate and raise in body temperature. This would be immediately followed by a rush of activity as I would tear the offending high heel shoes/boots from my feet and stash them out of sight. Then I would rush to answer the door out of breath and red in the face and try to act nonchalant... :thumbsup: Now I just think "rats!" and I STILL remove and hide the footware and answer the door, sans excitement... :wink1: I don't think this small rural Pennsylvania town where everyone knows (and talks about) everyone else is ready to see me in heels... :smile:

i have some 2inch mary jane heels around that i really love the style of and have answered the door to, postman or whatever, but anything higher than that and you start to cross the line between the fun suspicious looks you get, to just plain looking caught off guard. of course it can depend on whether you're wearing jeans or whatever.

Simple. I am what I am and I answer the door as I am.

It's only shoes. What could be worse, sometimes I answer the door wearing a gun. :o

Good call. I once knocked on the door of what turned out to be a wrong house. (I was delivering something for my then wife). The door was answered by a big, mean looking man with rap music playng lloudly in the background. I could smell the dope burning as the door opened. He didn't have a gun, but his look was killer. I explained that I obviously had the wrong house and took off. I don't think he would have reacted positive to me if I had been wearing high heels.

Good call. I once knocked on the door of what turned out to be a wrong house. (I was delivering something for my then wife). The door was answered by a big, mean looking man with rap music playng lloudly in the background. I could smell the dope burning as the door opened. He didn't have a gun, but his look was killer. I explained that I obviously had the wrong house and took off. I don't think he would have reacted positive to me if I had been wearing high heels.

OK, Ronieheels. I doubt if this happens very often and I don't want to get off topic but has any of you men ever knocked on a door to a friend or neighbor wearing heels and if so, what was there reaction?

real men wear heels

Last winter I this happened to me. I was home from work for lunch and 2 guys showed up selling 80 lbs. of choice stake for $2.00 a lb. I had extra time @ this lunch because I had other business in town so I put on my ankle ballet boots while I fixed my lunch then the door bell rang. I was stuck, so I answered the door in my bboots I don't know what the 2 guys thought but I ended up buying the stakes. The stakes aren't too bad but it was a chalenge standing there for the amt. of time it took doing business with these guys but it was fun. On your toes Dr. Who 3

If she does "pop around" to your place, do you suppose she will bring the steaks? (better pop out and get some nice baking potatoes) :o:-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm hopefully going to try this when my ex-wife pops round at the weekend. I'll update my webpage if I'm brave enough - I've got a new confidence boost at mo and hope it lasts a while.

3.5" tan boots and there's a knock at the door. That'll be the ex wife any kids to take their cat home. I didn't chicken out just let them in. The ex had a couple of chances to see the heels but she didn't say anything. Another hurdle jumped in heels.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

• 1 month later...

A friend from work and his wife came to the shop today to pick up a few things they ordered. I was in the sewing room working on a new embroidery design for a shirt wearing my BAKER blk patent mj's. They cam in to say high, Jim sat down right next to me as his wife came to the door way and glanced down at my feet. I like your shoes", she said. Then Jim, who had already noticed, said the same thing and said they were cool. We talked a while, made a date for dinner, and a movie for next week, and they left to go eat. Oh, they both suggested I wear my heels when we go out.:smile:

real men wear heels

Once I get home from work (where my wearing stiletto heels is out of the question, because of my duties) and when I get dressed on my days off, I usually put on 4 to 5" high stiletto court shoes with an appropriate male outfit to wear during the times people may show up at my door. Depending upon the response should an unsuspecting visitor acknowledge their awareness, I may say something funny, like since I washed my feet and I can't control what they put on or I didn't want to take a chance in stubbing my toes so I put these on. If they seem more serious, I may address their curiosity by saying something along the lines of always wanting to wear heels and so I have chosen to do just that. For those who already know of my heeling, they may ignore my heels or they might offer a brief comment. If they want to discuss it further, then we have something more to focus on other than the reason they dropped by, the weather, the price of oil, our health, and what's up.