As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

As a "half-streetheeler", I tend to remove my heels as soon as I hear the bell if I'm wearing shoes that I don't dare to wear outside (yet). Then I put slippers to hide red marks that cleavage or straps could let on my skin. Otherwise, I don't care and keep my shoes on. (I left multiple choice for those influenced by their mood, I hope I'm clear)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on how I feel and what heels I am wearing.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

This has less to do about wearing heels than it does about answering the door. I would check to see who it is before I answer in any case. Very few people drop by my place unannounced.

Style is built from the ground up!

This has less to do about wearing heels than it does about answering the door. I would check to see who it is before I answer in any case. Very few people drop by my place unannounced.

I agree with HappyFeat. Very few drop by my place unanounced so I too would check to see who it was. Once I was wearing my new pair of 6" black patenet leather stilettos with white panty hose, jean shorts and white tee shirt. A neighbor knocked on my door, so I put on a long terry cloth robe that I had and I poked my head out of the door to find out what he needed. I told him I wasn't feeling well and he was just needing some information about a waterline between our property. I really didn't feel like changing when I went to the door, so really in that case, everything worked out for the best.

I've done this numerous ways; I have 2 floors in my house - so, one is to open the upstairs window and say leave it outside or I'll be right there (and then remove the heels) or if I'm on the 1st floor, "I'll be right there" and remove the heels.

It's all about the heel!

Hmm, an interesting question. While I've never had that happen to me, it'd all depend on who was on the other side of the door. If it's a neighbor, I'd take the shoes off, if it's a stranger whom I'd only see once then never again, I'd leave 'em on.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've actually done several of the options here depending on what I was feeling like. Firstly I live in halls at university so I get loads of people knocking on my door but usually the same few friends although they don't know, havn't mentioned anything about my heels. On the times where they have come in while I had them on they havn't noticed anything. Other times I quickly take them off and say I was sleeping so took a while to get to door (this isn't too strange either since I have a random sleeping pattern). When I'm really not in the mood for anything though I just don't open the door.

The option I need - PANIC! - isn't there! has only happened to me once though, when my next door neighbour called & I was in the kitchen wearing stiletto kneeboots. keeping them on wasn't an option so i had to hurriedly remove & go to the door barefoot. it was unbelievably difficult to get them off for some reason - i very nearly strained something! - probably due to sheer panic. I would be a lot cooler about it if it happened again :roll:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

The option I need - PANIC! - isn't there!

I have had this happen a few times and always remove my heels. Like Euchrid my option wasn't there.

Also why does it take ten times longer to remove your heels when you really need to?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Guest Loveshiheels

The only time somebody came the door was when I wearing cross-strap heels and I had to move them fast before I answer the door. I,m very good now in removing my straps on my heels now.

When it is someone who knows, I open the door as I am (unless I was under the shower :roll:). When I have no idea who it is, I look whether I look strange by what I perceive the general public or the neighbors might think strange and if needed I will change something. Or I go to the bedroom and my wife answers the door (most likely). Then from what I hear, I know whether I will have to change or not. It is very nice to have a supporting wife when the doorbell goes. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I've just moved house and now answer the door to deliveries a few times in heels and that includes knee high boots. Was even in skirt one time. I'm in heels most of the time now - not bad for low confidence (who am i kidding) - and this is my house so i'll wear what i want. visitors (except the mother) must accept that (she's another story).

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

I will answer the door and not take off my heels, it has only happened once when a neighbor came over I had just got home from being with my wife as she was in the hospital and the neighbor came over to see how she was. I know he saw my heels but never said a word.

Depends on the style of heels I am wearing and who is at the door. If I am wearing a pair that I usually wear in public, I will answer the door wearing them. If they are a pair of heels that I normally don't wear outside of the house or the person at the door isn't someone I know, I will take them off. (If I am wearing my J-Lo boots, that lace up and take some effort to remove, I'll just wear them without thinking twice about it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I used to panic and take them off as fast as I could but then leave them lay where ever I took them off and leave little white powder foot steps to the door from the shoes. Oops! lol. Now I just leave them on.

real men wear heels

I'm bored with the girls forum so I post in here.

At least these threads are moving along.

:smile:

:thumbsup:

Glad to read this!

Returning in topic, I wish I could answer such a question :wink1:

Sadly I can rarely wear heels at home, only when my parents and bro are out, so the real matter is them and not someone ringing my bell... If so however I would immediately quit my heels and then answer. Mmh, there's not an option like this in the poll...

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

I just go and answer the door. I don't think about it at all.

I'm bored with the girls forum so I post in here.

At least these threads are moving along.

:smile:

:thumbsup:

You're welcome Amanda but for the girls, this poll is quite meaningless : I can't see why a girl - that likes heels much - would quit her heels before answering at the door...

This poll just tries to show if heeled guys behaviors are different at home than on the street.

But now you're there I have a question for you : how would you feel if you were knocking on someone's door and if it were a guy in heels that answered you ?

But now you're there I have a question for you : how would you feel if you were knocking on someone's door and if it were a guy in heels that answered you ?

Surprised and possibly speechless.

However, since having got to know some people in here, I might feel as though I had stumbled upon a rare oportunity to comment on a guys shoes.

Amanda, in my opinion you are always welcome around guy's forum. I never posted in the girl's forum even when was permitted but always read it. Yes, it seems boring to discuss there. Keep in touch!:thumbsup:

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Depends on the style of shoe, what I'm wearing with them, who's at the door... I could either be showing them off or pretending I didn't know what a high heel was.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

well if i hear ringing i put them off, last year i was afraid of my brother is he would see them, but now... who care... he nows and he dont care :smile: my father doesn't, but usualy even he ringing :thumbsup: just last month he got keys so he dont :wink1:

every human has they own choices...