Post URL's for Heels discussions outside of our groups here

Tech

Hi all

I started a discussion about heels on a message board at

http://pub89.ezboard.com/faskmenfrm5.showMessage?topicID=365.topic

So far there has been a very mixed basket of replies from all sorts, which is basically what we want to hear, "views from the norm" almost, but it would be great if you guys would all join in too as i think a lot of women seem to read the board, so you would definately get some interesting replies

I often start these types of discussions in message boards all over the place, just as a way of bringing the issue to people's attention, just in case they never thought of it before, Do any of you guys ever start discussions outside of our little heels groups ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-29 21:33 ]</font>

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Great idea for a thread Richie. I changed the title slightly to encourage more people to post their ideas in it. I hope that was OK. As for your discussion on ezboards, I tried to register to post, but after 10 occasions of telling me each different username I chose had been "taken", including fyrefoxy66 (!!) I gave up. That ezboard software is fucking crap.

hiya fire the ezeee board software seem really god, but if the username is gone then why not try something different, the point is to get the messege to others, regardless of the false name you guys all use ????????

You get tired of trying different ones after 10 attempts. Anyway, here's my go on another board for a TV chat show called Trisha. Francis posted something here ages back, but we can have another go.

http://www.angliatv.co.uk/trisha/virtual/

Here's the actual message link

http://www.angliatv.com/trisha/virtual/messages/11764.html

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-29 22:53 ]</font>

Bit of a disadvantage is that after a while you have X different names on X different boards and you don't know where you are whom anymore... One of the reasons I set up this little site here. But hey, that's just one guys opinion, there are lots of people who don't mind that. The other major reason though, is to get as many people as possible on to this one board, as opposed to many different boards with all just a few users. This way, there's a much bigger chance of people living in the same area bumping into each other here. So, for this cause it would be nice if you mention this site on your board as well.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

I think Richie's idea was to generate some opinions from people who are not necessarily into shoes like we are, hence he was having a go on general type boards (where people are unlikely to be interested in our URL). I could be wrong on that, it was just how I saw it.

I have also posted on the Trisha chat board, only to find that Firefox had posted his part 1.5 mins earlier. Talk about thinking alike :smile: Neither of us have posted a link back to this forum as we would prefer to gauge reaction rather than be overwhelmed by any bigots from the other board. I'm sure most of us would not like this to happen. Firefox posted as a wearer and I posted as doing a study into men wearing heels. The results should be very interesting. Perhaps the double entry will grab more people's attentions. Time will tell.

Theres a thread on handbag.com at the moment which may be of interest.

Hopefully the link will work but if not try

http://www.handbag.com

Then look in discussion groups and find the fashion group, then the high heels.

Link to the discussion:

http://handbag.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=285297195&f=439291127&m=5802940073&p=3

After reading the discussion I think there's some girls who need training!

Enjoy

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I think Richie's idea was to generate some opinions from people who are not necessarily into shoes like we are, hence he was having a go on general type boards (where people are unlikely to be interested in our URL). I could be wrong on that, it was just how I saw it.

Yeah, I read that thread after I posted this message. I thought Richie was talking about the board on his site (which I can't find anymore btw.).

Anyway, my point still stands. I think it will do no harm to let people in other fashion related forums know about this site. There's almost certain always a small number of people that'll be interested in the subjects discussed here and maybe otherwise never would have found the board.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Thanks Calv for that, most interesting :smile: To Jeff: On "fashion related" forums maybe. I see someone even posted a link to Jenny's site on the handbag one. But on general chat boards the interest in this type of site will be very small.

• 4 weeks later...

i wouldnt say so many people were against it, i would say it is more of a very un-intelligent messege board and from those that have no fashion sense, if you look carefully at the other topics on the board you will see one guy started a topic all about what shoes he should wear with jeans or something like that, i forgotten, and another was about what car people drive ??? obviously a board of very dull people, so before you judge the comments try to establish there intelligence level by looking at what else they talk about, its quite funny some of the threads they have started

• 4 weeks later...

There is also a Delphi forum called FASHION that sometimes talks vividely about alternative fashions for guys, including heels as well. Men and women have varied ideas, some being open minded, others are more reserved but discussions remain polite and within boundaries.

http://forums.about.com/ab-fashion/start

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence