Second Visit

• 1 month later...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiday time - about time too. Was on a coach holiday in Bournemouth (English South Coast, home of rich people). 3" black block heel ankle boots on the coach there. No problems there. Did get a few looks when wearing them in the hotel but nobody said anything. One night I was asked how tall I was as in my 3" heel cowboy boots I was nearly as tall as 6ft4 guy. The woman 60something was impressed when I showed of the boots and more impressed when I later changed into 4" knee high wedge boots. Great confidence boost. The foreign hotel bar staff liked the heels too, although the lithuanian woman had to double take as didn't know men wore heels - but then anything goes in England - was her way to deal with that.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

WA10rHeelGuy... I have enjoyed reading your stories and viewing your pictures of you wearing high heels. Your story is one I can identify with, both personally and professionaly. I hope you continue to post at this website. It is not only good reading your experiences, but the feedback you will get from all of the great members here will be helpful and inspirational. Thank you for sharing your photos and prose.

Holiday time - about time too.

Was on a coach holiday in Bournemouth (English South Coast, home of rich people)...

I don't live in Bournemouth but I know it quite well and your comment, if meant seriously, is rather wide of the mark! The Bournemouth area has a varied population with a range of property and lifestyles and is by no means the most affluent part of the south coast. Yes, there are a lot of retired folk but they are not all wealthy and may well be outclassed by those in Lytham or Southport! Your view was probably influenced by the obscene property prices in the exclusive Sandbanks area of Poole; a law unto itself. I hope you enjoyed your break there; it is a relaxing place. Was it a Shearings all-inclusive short break you took; they are good value?

I meant all the £5million homes of which there are far too many. Shearings+good value=erm not too bad but Alfa are cheaper without much sacrifice if any. They use same hotels in some places and shearings are £10 per day per person more expensive = ouch.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

Patience pays off. I recently said that my daughter didn't want me going out in heels, okay so she didn't want people to think I was gay either. Yesterday a trip to the cinema (was too full to watch anything), around a couple of shops and on a couple of buses I was allowed out. If was a bit busy being the school holidays. I was only in discreet 3" heel cowgirl boots but it was a start.

• 4 weeks later...

It had to happen one day. Yes going to a new singles night in 4" stiletto knee high boots - under long jeans - well I didn't know what I was walking in to. The organiser knew about my heels in advance so she asked to see them - turn up time. Her and the 2 women she was with liked the boots. The organiser has TV friends who are usually in 6" stilettos (no platforms). All was quiet - okay - far too quiet - barely anyone around. 2 guys came in and I saw them looking at my boots - which were now over my jeans. Later on these regulars included me in their banter with the bar staff. They asked about the heels much later and just accepted that I was different. So much for my singles night attempt to find Miss Right. Next group in were 5 young lesbians - one of which tried on my boots as she liked them but hadn't worn heels since she was 17 - i didn't ask how long ago that was but it didn't look that long. So organiser, bar manager, 2 off duty staff, 2 guys, and 5 lesbians plus door staff guy and ye olde DJ it was a very uneventful night.

Okay so in my last post I thought things were good - how wrong I was. I nice, friendly guy - in knee high boots - got accused of pestering and perverted behaviour by 2 gals that, whilst I was at the bar near them, I didn't really speak to. I got barred without explanation and had trouble finding out what had happened. It appears that some in society have a bit of power so use it to stop different people having freedom. Oh well, lesson learned. Gonna be more cautious in future. Confidence doesn't half crash when you get a boost.

Okay so in my last post I thought things were good - how wrong I was.

I nice, friendly guy - in knee high boots - got accused of pestering and perverted behaviour by 2 gals that, whilst I was at the bar near them, I didn't really speak to.

I got barred without explanation and had trouble finding out what had happened.

It appears that some in society have a bit of power so use it to stop different people having freedom.

Oh well, lesson learned. Gonna be more cautious in future.

Confidence doesn't half crash when you get a boost.

Something is missing from this story. If it happened as you say, I would think the bar manager would have given you a chance to tell your side, or if he believed the girsl at least call the police. Or, you actually spoke to the girls and they took offense at a guy in heels making pleasant talk with them. (How dare you try to be nice to "strange" women!!!!!:w00t2:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Something is missing from this story. If it happened as you say, I would think the bar manager would have given you a chance to tell your side, or if he believed the girsl at least call the police. Or, you actually spoke to the girls and they took offense at a guy in heels making pleasant talk with them. (How dare you try to be nice to "strange" women!!!!!:w00t2:)

I spoke briefly with them. It's just a shame that they have their say and are allowed to make defamatory allegations and I am denied any chance to try to clear my name.

Society can be cruel.

Sorry to hear of the problem that you ran into, but you are quite right. Society can be quite cruel at times even though you may have been innocent in your intentions. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try to be a bit more cautious the next time. Let us know how things work out for you and good luck in your adventures. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

Okay so it's been a while since I've been on here, so what's new? Still out and about in heels in work and evenings. Bit too nervous for bus to work as so many school kids. Now answering door in knee high boots for deliveries. My ex has finally seen me in heels a few times and has said nothing to me or my kids. Another box ticked there. At that's about it really.

Be confident and don't let the little things deter you from enjoying wearing your heels whenever and wherever you want. Enjoy your heeling times to the fullest, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so still in heels, even if long trousers to most of my local shops now. My next challenge will be an interesting one. I haven't been to church, other than family stuff, for a few years now but I am planning to go back to one of my old churches solo and in heels. I'm not planning to cause trouble just don't like being in flats any more. I have been thinking about this on-and-off for a few months but not got the courage yet.

• 1 month later...

My adventure continues. My ex-wife now knows about the rHeel me but isn't too impressed. Due to change in circumstances I'm having to move back in with my parents. What a challenge. I have warned them that my fashions aren't their norm and my mum says I've liked female clothes since I was 5 - I thought nearer 10. Not sure she's really keen on the idea but she's offered me a bed so it looks like the heels will be accepted in the house. Not sure I'll be in skirt and heels with them tho, especially my step-dad as they aren't really that open minded.

My adventure continues.

My ex-wife now knows about the rHeel me but isn't too impressed.

Due to change in circumstances I'm having to move back in with my parents. What a challenge. I have warned them that my fashions aren't their norm and my mum says I've liked female clothes since I was 5 - I thought nearer 10.

Not sure she's really keen on the idea but she's offered me a bed so it looks like the heels will be accepted in the house.

Not sure I'll be in skirt and heels with them tho, especially my step-dad as they aren't really that open minded.

Are you really going to practice your heel habit while living with your parents? If there is any question of how they will react to you in heels, why not just keep them to yourself while under their roof? After all, based on what you wrote, this arrangement is only temporary and you'll soon be moving to your own "private" accommodations (inference, "read into your comments," is that you are a mature man and that you wouldn't impost upon your parents any longer than necessary). So, why "screw the pooch" in insisting on "doing your thing" while living there? I can't believe that you wouldn't be able to control your "urge" to wear your heels anywhere in the house, besides in the privacy of your own bedroom.

But then again, different people place different values upon their own opinion of their self-worth....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

WA10rHeelGuy, While your parents are your parents and love and accept you to no end, it is THEIR house. While accepting on a level, they might not like having what is perceived to be "deviant" behavior under their roof. It might be more prudent to keep things under wraps. If you have a need to desss, either make sure the door is SECURELY locked or go elsewhere. Better safe than sorry IMHO.

WA10rHeelGuy,

While your parents are your parents and love and accept you to no end, it is THEIR house. While accepting on a level, they might not like having what is perceived to be "deviant" behavior under their roof.

It might be more prudent to keep things under wraps. If you have a need to desss, either make sure the door is SECURELY locked or go elsewhere. Better safe than sorry IMHO.

Not everybody thinks this is "Deviant", I think thats probably not the best choice or wording it buddy... Maybe "Eccentric" is better or even "Taking a break from the norm"

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Not everybody thinks this is "Deviant", I think thats probably not the best choice or wording it buddy... Maybe "Eccentric" is better or even "Taking a break from the norm"

No, it is not deviant in your view, Tech, or WA10's or mine - but vector's point was that less tolerant or enlightened people (such as WA10's parents) might well dislike '... what is perceived to be "deviant" behaviour...'. The key word is 'perceived', indicating a subjective view, and the quotes round "deviant" suggest that it is not necessarily to be taken at full face value.

With respect, you do have a tendency to jump on people here with all your guns blazing when they display what is perceived to be "objectionable" behaviour on this board. (See what I mean?)

'Taking a break from the norm'?? Oh, come on - I thought you were one who disliked mincing words and advocated plain speaking! ;)

yeah, key here is context:

"perceived" is in a phrase followed by the words, "to be deviant." ;)

I totally appreciate Vector's phraseology and even more so alongside Puffer's explanation.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

yeah, key here is context:

"perceived" is in a phrase followed by the words, "to be deviant." ;)

I totally appreciate Vector's phraseology and even more so alongside Puffer's explanation.

Hmmmm! It was always clear to me!!!!;) Although better wording probably could be found...For instance -- a practice that is currently identified in some social circles "as being sexually deviant behavior." -- or something like that.

However, Vector's identifying what every and all male heel wearers are clearly aware of, is the stigma that today's society holds of any male that wears any item of feminine apparel.

While not in the same category as child molestation, phedophillia, or some of the more "unsavory and criminal" sexual deviations, it is still viewed in most of today's social circles as being a "undesirable" trait/practice. Otherwise, why would many of us be so fearful, cautious, and in some cases frightened to reveal our love of wearing heels and other items of feminine identifiable clothing to (almost) anyone else?

Isn't this stigma the basis for our seeking, as quickly as psychologically possible, acceptance of "men in heels" by the general public.

With respect, you do have a tendency to jump on people here with all your guns blazing when they display what is perceived to be "objectionable" behaviour on this board. (See what I mean?)

I only really say anything if others are "in my opinion" blowing things out of proportion or just being dis-respectful, same as I would and do in day-to-day life.

'Taking a break from the norm'?? Oh, come on - I thought you were one who disliked mincing words and advocated plain speaking! ;)

I am, but why is everybody making it into something so sinister, and something it isnt? Lighten up, its footwear, its not mentally disturbed behaviour that warrant's calling the men in white coats.

The more "light hearted" you treat it, the more natural it becomes...

Kneehighs of all people should know this, wearing heels in a fun light hearted manner is taken the right way, but wear them nervously and go around telling people "I'm not a deviant" or even so much as introducing those words into the same experience as a guy wearing heels just smuthers it in negativity, and that sucks.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Surely WA10rHeelGuy can make up his own mind about what his parents will tolerate.

He said that his mum wasn't surprised. It might be a great opportunity to enlighten them further.

I'm not sure about the continuing use of the stigma of wearing women's items of clothing. I think the crest of the hill is almost in sight on that one.

Men are wearing feminine clothes more and more, if anything it's accelerating faster than ever before. The high street is awash with men's clothing with a bit of a twist. Even traditional shops have moved with the times.

I read a great thing on a fashion blog that said something along the lines of 'Men these days are having much more fun with their clothing than the girls'

I kinda think women's wear is about to have a glamour burn out. Modern unisex is on the way. Give it ten to fifteen years and this forum will seem hilariously quaint.

Male designers have been wearing shoes with heels and adding really feminine aspects to their outfits for ages now. How long till they get assimilated into the high streets?

I'm struggling somewhat, Tech, to understand your responses:

I only really say anything if others are "in my opinion" blowing things out of proportion or just being dis-respectful, same as I would and do in day-to-day life.

OK, you thought vector used a word which was undesirable, indeed perhaps objectionable, and merited a mild rebuke. But no-one else seems to have reacted as you did. I think that if you had read vector's posting more carefully you would have seen that his comment was fair and reasonable, even if an alternative and perhaps better word could have been used.

I am, but why is everybody making it into something so sinister, and something it isnt? Lighten up, its footwear, its not mentally disturbed behaviour that warrant's calling the men in white coats.

I was suggesting (somewhat tongue in cheek) that 'taking a break from the norm' is, at best, a weasel phrase - a pretty pointless euphemism for 'deviating from the norm' (which merely means 'being different from what would be generally regarded as normal'). And I would not expect you, as a plain-speaking bloke, to favour such weasel phrases, any more than I do! You may have been intending irony, in which case I apologise for not treating your response accordingly; it did not seem as though that was your intention given your specific objection to vector's word. And I don't think anyone here had any type of 'mentally disturbed behaviour' in mind - that is something quite distinct from arguably 'deviant' (but otherwise rational) behaviour.

One can properly say that all left-handers are 'deviant' (because that is not the norm) but having that characteristic certainly does not in itself make them worthy of criticism, let alone classed as 'mentally disturbed'. (But they are, by definition, literally 'sinister'!)