Today I bought.........

LailaLily

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where bennos coming from I suppose.

In the last place I worked, a girl in her late teens working in one of the offices wore shoes similar to those with white ankle socks. I thought she looked both stylish and sexy at the same time and so did all the blokes there too.

Without socks or stockings I think those heels look unfinished somehow.

With the socks and the shoes in your avatar you look like you should be waiting in the wings for your big part in a Panto. Do something new... Please! All of you. I can't take much more.

With the socks and the shoes in your avatar you look like you should be waiting in the wings for your big part in a Panto. Do something new... Please! All of you. I can't take much more.

spoilsport :thumbsup:

Hey FF2 Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of important issues such as discussing heels. :wink1:

Yeah, can be a real PITA sometimes. :wink:

lol true! i'll stick to the socks me thinks.

FWIW, I STILL prefer the OTK socks! :smile:

Pink RaRa skirt (I was there for the originals) and white ankle socks are waaaay too 'girlie' for me. [Read 'girlie' = 'too-young'.] The longer socks infer a more adult look. :-?

Please please please, change your avatar back :thumbsup:B)

The current avatar would work ok with some knee length black leggings, some sort of leg warmers, a sporty but sexy top (maybe a disco inspired hoodie or cowl neck) and a change of shoes to something along the lines of the attached. All the shoes are from Office or Kurt Geiger. Wait for the sales and knock yourself out. Cheers, Ben

post-9545-133522859785_thumb.jpg

I've been saving, and I've been selling shoes to fund my latest trip to London. I got the following shoes:

27_284_0750.jpg are some hot pink 5" peeptoes from Barratts. Got these for £25 as they were on sale. Really pleased with these, especially that I don't ever remember going to Barratts before.

94_531_0522.jpg were also on sale - got these for £20. I know some people don't like wedges but I love these ones. I'm quite fussy with wedges it has to be said but I'm well pleased with them.

faith.jpg I got from Debenhams - also on sale! Not my usual style but I love the arch on these. They're pretty steep for 5" high street heels. Faith are always great so I'm looking forward to trying these.

ysl1.jpg are my peice de la resistence! Thanks Benno for bringing these shoes to my attention. They're a bit more "fiddly" than I would normally go for, but trust me, in person they look outstanding. They're purple and gold, a token nod to my two pairs of Louboutins and my previous YSLs respectively.

Not sure how I'm going to afford the nights out to wear these shoes though!!

post-11189-133522861065_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522861067_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522861071_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522861072_thumb.jpg

Roz u sure hav a wkd taste in heels ! Big up to u for that ! We are also bored with 4" nowadays, 5" much more sensible ! We both do the same to keep our height ratio equal... I hope u, like us, will still do heels when u need a zimmer, in many years time.... just to piss em off We dont do ground zero.....

Guest Loveshiheels

Roz, Those Faith Heels have been on my wish list for a little while now. I think I might of posted a photo of those heels in another thread.

Roz, Those Faith Heels have been on my wish list for a little while now. I think I might of posted a photo of those heels in another thread.

I know I did. :wink1:

And these are £60 from Faith.

I funded a pair for 'herself' because she didn't even want to try them on. Turns out they are VERY wearable. 5" heel so 'whoopy-do' for me. :wink:

They come up large though. The wife normally takes a 6, but has had to get a 5 in this style.

Watched her doing the ironing while trying them out, weekend before last. Was tempted to post a piccy, but didn't think I'd live long enough to get it into a thread here. There'd be blood (mine) if I got a camera out..... B):smile:

The link to the Faith shoe no longer works, and I haven't seen any in their stores for at least a month around the Herts area. :-? Shame, I was thinking ..... :thumbsup:

Latest purchase (both red and black)

PatentHeel...

Those are really nice and I bet they look great on you. One day I will wear red patent leather high heels dressed in a black suit, black shirt, and bright red tie. I can't wait for those reactions.

Have got these on order from a couple of days ago as saw them on youtube and had to make the purchase and the other pair purchased yesterday in same colour! It would have been rude not too as they say!!!

http://howcool.com/catalog/product_info.php?

http://www.harmonyshop.co.uk/product/1401/

Gonna have to give the credit card a bit of break now otherwise it will be a bit more than a credit crunch when the bill comes in!!!

Spike heels, it appears that SexyShoes has that same pair on sale.

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-470-tied-pump.aspx]tiedpump

(sorry, the link doesn't work. But, log on to http://sexyshoes.com and click on "open toe" shoes and then click on "tied pump." the link shows the shoes in black patent with red accent but it does come in pink with white accent, also)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

PatentHeel...

Those are really nice and I bet they look great on you. One day I will wear red patent leather high heels dressed in a black suit, black shirt, and bright red tie. I can't wait for those reactions.

The red ones haven't arrived yet unfortunately. However, the black ones have and will hopefully share a picture with you all soon.

Guest Loveshiheels

Bought these Mary Janes a few weeks ago from Ebay. Ideal for street heeling if and when I get the chance. The heel is 4.5" and heel is slightly wider then normal. The shoes have a soft feel to them. Very comfortable pair of heels. When I post photos on here do you think hey look better with jeans on or with out. I will be wearing jeans if I go out in them.

post-8861-133522861688_thumb.jpg

post-8861-133522861709_thumb.jpg

post-8861-133522861731_thumb.jpg

Bought these Mary Janes a few weeks ago from Ebay. Ideal for street heeling if and when I get the chance. The heel is 4.5" and heel is slightly wider then normal. The shoes have a soft feel to them. Very comfortable pair of heels. When I post photos on here do you think hey look better with jeans on or with out. I will be wearing jeans if I go out in them.

Nice heels! In my opinion i think heels like that look much better with smart trousers. Personally I think denim should be saved for cowboy boots and the ranch.

Roz The pair from Barratts are classy, I like them. Not sure about the wooden ones though. For me, wood only really works with wedges. Saying that, I think its the pink leather that makes me not like them too. They'd work better in black patent and would look just as classy as the first pair. Then again I would say that lol.

For me I like the fact the plats are a girly pink, I think black would be too bold in contrast with the wood but variety is the spice of life and all that! The feathery bit is what appealed to me on those sandals, I love them. Can't wait to wear them out :thumbsup:

The feathery bit is what appealed to me on those sandals, I love them. Can't wait to wear them out :thumbsup:

Out of interest, what outfit would your wear them with?

I think they'd look nice with something like a knee length Asymmetrical ruffle skirt.