Today I bought.........

LailaLily

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not today, but last Thursday if I remember correctly.....

I don't wear courts or sandals, so no point in buying them usually, but I liked the heel on these too much to resist. George at ASDA, and originally £12. On 'end of line' sale, size 8 with a minor scratch on the toe. Me in the right place at the right time, £5.

Bought from a lady at the counter who knew full well they were for me. :wink1:

Too femme for me to wear out, with 4 1/2" heel they make great (indoor) training slippers. If I could find 3 pairs of ankle boots with identical heels, in theory at least, I never need buy another pair of shoes or boots. :thumbsup:

P.S.

And have the same heel shape as some boots (I'd like to buy) I think posted here by "Mago". <see file name> But there doesn't seem to be a member called Mago?? Anyway, heel shape is great. If anyone knows of the boots shown, please let me know about them? :smile:

post-10780-133522859384_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522859402_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522859415_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522859426_thumb.jpg

Nice shoes, I like the heel shape of those and only £5 from Asda, you must have found a 4 leaf clover fastfreddy2.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Not today, but last Thursday if I remember correctly.....

I don't wear courts or sandals, so no point in buying them usually, but I liked the heel on these too much to resist. George at ASDA, and originally £12. On 'end of line' sale, size 8 with a minor scratch on the toe. Me in the right place at the right time, £5.

£5 for those ASDA heels, you certainly were in the right place at the right time. I paid full price for mine!

post-10791-133522859434_thumb.jpg

today I braved a downpour and bought these

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensStory&BLC=WomensPromoNatural&Width=Regular&ItemCode=59152&LotNumber=059960&Type=Adult&Popularity=857&DescriptiveColor=Black

in size 13 medium (this is a RARE!! fit)

and I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and getting them in the brown.

I also saw these and contemplated picking them up

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensNewArrivals&BLC=WomensNewArrivalsNewArrivals&Width=Regular&ItemCode=59943&LotNumber=061424&Type=Adult&Popularity=275&DescriptiveColor=Blue

thoughts? I know the style is taboo, but they have a little lift and look like they'd be fun for Independence Day celebrations.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I like the flat sandals alot

So do I... enough to have purchased them today, along with the brown wedges. 3 for 3, not bad :thumbsup: I'm about to wear the brown ones out now, actually. Not really going anywhere (just picking up something from a friend, I won't have to get out of the car) but I def. need to break them in.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Here are my latest shoe purchase. Brown mules from Vicini. size 37½. These are actually from past years collection, I bought these in very reasonable price, they were in discount. Few photos included.

post-10987-133522859447_thumb.jpg

post-10987-13352285945_thumb.jpg

post-10987-133522859453_thumb.jpg

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

Here are my latest shoe purchase. Brown mules from Vicini. size 37½.

These are actually from past years collection, I bought these in very reasonable price, they were in discount.

Few photos included.

I love the way your toe-prints show up on the insoles of the slides. Thanks for sharing.

Nice shoes, I like the heel shape of those and only £5 from Asda, you must have found a 4 leaf clover fastfreddy2.

£5 for those ASDA heels, you certainly were in the right place at the right time. I paid full price for mine!

Okay, so here's the story.....

To "be in the right place" I had trawled most of the ASDA's in South Hertfordshire, and one in North London. I'd bought a size EU41/UK7 thinking they would fit, but they didn't fit comfortably. [EU41 usually does fit.]

I did find a pair of EU42/UK8 in Stevenage but they were damaged, so I hid them on the top shelf out of reach of anyone who didn't have arms as long as a monkey. When it became obvious ASDA weren't replenishing stock, I bought the Stevenage ones, at £12 which came with a small scratch on the toe. I thought I'd make sure they fit, before getting into a 'could you reduce these in price' discussion. Once discounted, they can't be returned.

While I had them, deciding what to do (they were going back as I concluded at £12 or even £10 they were too expensive for a damaged pair), the whole style went to half price. Once returned with full price refund, I re-bought them with damage discount, so mine came in at just under a £5. I was very pleased. :wink:

Epilogue:

Met a friend for coffee at lunchtime today. There's an ASDA quite close, and that's where we met. Although I was in there Saturday, I still had a look at the shoe section today. I found two pairs in the style I liked. Size EU36, and EU42. :smile:

I now have a second <perfect> pair for £6, which means I can use the original pair outside if I want, and I still have some clean/unused heeled training slippers for indoors.

So today, I must really of been in the right place at the right time. :thumbsup::wink1:

The latest edition to my collection, a pair of Asos black patent cross strap heels:

Interesting that these are made like stripper shoes but they don't look like stripper shoes. Subtle differences can have a major impact on perspective.

Received these in the post today ------

They are BRONX 'Dessa' style. A bit "bling" what with the gold buckles 'n all.

I actually really like them though. They're probably one of the most stylish/well-finished boots I've bought so far - they have an orange lining & a tooled logo on the sole & ankle.

RRP is £80. I got 'em for £13.50 inc. postage.

post-1173-133522859695_thumb.jpg

Always High-Heel Responsibly

My purchase today, these will look nice with ruffled ankle socks.

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/everybody/2378d1212861206-today_i_bought-xstrap.jpg

I think I was right, they do look nice with ruffled ankle socks.

You can see the rest at: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/your_favourite_shoe_pictures/10768-patentheel_s_pics-3.html#post167189

post-10791-13352285972_thumb.jpg

The latest addition to my collection, a pair of Asos black patent cross strap heels:

What a cute, sexy looking shoe. And they look like they would be comfortable, too. If I may ask, where did you purchase those?

I just picked up a pair from Nine West. I got the brown version of these www.ninewest.com/n/browse/product.s?productId=2923748&source=category&index=2&prodIndex=2&listSize=36&categoryId=2944061&codeName=NWHEECH. I wore them most of today and they were quite comfy.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Received these in the post today ------

They are BRONX 'Dessa' style. A bit "bling" what with the gold buckles 'n all.

I actually really like them though. They're probably one of the most stylish/well-finished boots I've bought so far - they have an orange lining & a tooled logo on the sole & ankle.

RRP is £80. I got 'em for £13.50 inc. postage.

Cool ankle boots. I like the buckles a lot. They look very comfy.

real men wear heels

What a cute, sexy looking shoe. And they look like they would be comfortable, too. If I may ask, where did you purchase those?

Hi roniheels, purchased them from a shop near my workplace but have seen them listed on ebay too. They are very comfortable indeed.

I dunno, I like Japanese schoolgirls' style...

I can see where bennos coming from I suppose.

In the last place I worked, a girl in her late teens working in one of the offices wore shoes similar to those with white ankle socks. I thought she looked both stylish and sexy at the same time and so did all the blokes there too.

Without socks or stockings I think those heels look unfinished somehow.

I just picked up a pair from Nine West. I got the brown version of these www.ninewest.com/n/browse/product.s?productId=2923748&source=category&index=2&prodIndex=2&listSize=36&categoryId=2944061&codeName=NWHEECH. I wore them most of today and they were quite comfy.

I've got a very similar pair by Ralph Lauren, and I agree, they are very comfortable. :thumbsup:

After seeing Madonna in one of her recent video's, brazenly walk around wearing the sort of knee-high pop-socks my 75 year old mother favours, anything is an improvement.

I'm not good for 'bobby-socks' as they used to be known in the 1950's (I think), and much prefer OTK socks as in PH avatar, if socks have to be worn. :thumbsup: But I appreciate everyones taste isn't going to be identical to mine. As long as it's not vulgar, I'm pleased to see a wide range of styles, some of which may well positively influence my own.

"Last edited by fastfreddy2 : Today at 13:31. Reason: Missed off the end of the post. [Got distracted by work.] "

Hey FF2 Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of important issues such as discussing heels. :thumbsup: