Today I bought.........

LailaLily

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went a bit crazy. Again. One of my friends at work came in wearing a lush pair of shoes and I was like "where did you get them, where did you get them, where did you get them?!", she looked so gorgeous in them. To my surprise she said she got them from New Look.

So I finished work today early and went to New Look... and where oh where has New Look been all my life?! They had some great shoes in there, so I went a bit crazy and bought over a hundred quids worth! But I got six pairs out of that £100.

These are the shoes I got:

(the first pair on this list is the pair my friend wore)

So, yeah, after buying silly 9" Karos and silly 12" skyskrapers I have bought enough sensible (cheap) shoes to last quite a while!

post-11189-133522858392_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522858395_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522858397_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522858399_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522858401_thumb.jpg

Friday, 5/16/08, I bought these:

https://www.sexyshoes.com/p-1267-turn-up-the-heat.aspx

Tracking UPS is like tracking Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. COME ON TRUCK!!! You've been sitting in the same SPOT 3 hours now. MOVE IT!

I know the feeling when it comes to UPS. I check that site several times a day for a change.....ANY change in status. Those boots are ***HOT*** by the way! Good luck walking in them!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Shock Queen, Me too (Checking UPS several times a day), Darn truck driver. He's probably sitting in some truck stop resting and doesn't even know the most important deliver of his life is aboard. HAHA. Just kissing of course. I've been eying these boots for some time now and finally gave in to the temptation and bought them. They are indeed my highest yet by 1 1/4". I am very comforatble in 5" heels however. In the attempt to keep my gate when I walk somewhat normal (Me walking like some little china girl is sort of a give-away, you know what I mean), my heel will forever want to slip out the back of the shoe. I'm hoping the tight fitting boot will eleviate that problem. I ordered the Patent style and ohhh so wanted to overnight them but the frickin' overnight charges were 1.5 times the price of the shoe. Ful is getting out of hand in the US, finally. So I wait and wait and wait on Mr UPS man.

Identical heel to the boots I have been wearing (am wearing) for the last few days. Ideal for outdoor heeling.

:roll:

Are them quite confy? what size R you?

The UPS man finally arrived and I had the box open before he drove off. The boots however, Waaaa, I dont think they are going to work. I guess its the thrill of the hunt that is so exciting. Better shopping next time. I'm just going to have to lay off the websites and stick with the stores. Waaaa Again.

anybody interested in a once worn boot?

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-1267-turn-up-the-heat.aspx

just kidding, they will still look good in my closet I suppose.

Him in heels! If you don't like them, why not return them and get another pair that you would also like to have?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have 3 packages en route from the US via USPS, each with 2 pairs of boots or shoes. I've a fourth package on the way via Fedex. [7 pairs in total.] If a US 10 don't fit me, I'm in big trouble.

Cost of boots is small, carriage almost as small. Import tax will almost double the price of whatver I've bought. Welcome to Britain. :thumbsup:

What's on the way?

<previously linked>

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/everybody/2191d1210687212-most_comfortable_sexy_shoes-carlossantana.jpg

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/everybody/2192d1210687212-most_comfortable_sexy_shoes-michael_kors_north.jpg

and a couple more pairs...

post-10780-133522858902_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522858905_thumb.jpg

Bubba, Skiker, The boots. As awesome as they were, the heels were just too high and with the quality not being the highest, the heels simply would bend while I walked as if I were on springs. It was my highest experience to date and maybe that is what is expected but I don't think so. I did send them back for credit. Perhaps I'll find something similar with a 5" heel. I liked the boots fist all because they were so darned hot looking but I also wanted something to grab hold of my foot a little better than a pump. When I walk in my pumps in the evening time, my heel wants to slip sometimes. (Remember, morning feet are not the same size as evening feet) Was hoping the tight ankle solved the problem. Maybe my next pumps will have the ankle strap. Has this solved the problem for other members?

I have 3 packages en route from the US via USPS, each with 2 pairs of boots or shoes. I've a fourth package on the way via Fedex. [7 pairs in total.] If a US 10 don't fit me, I'm in big trouble.

Cost of boots is small, carriage almost as small. Import tax will almost double the price of whatver I've bought. Welcome to Britain. :thumbsup:

What's on the way?

<previously linked>

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/everybody/2191d1210687212-most_comfortable_sexy_shoes-carlossantana.jpg

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/everybody/2192d1210687212-most_comfortable_sexy_shoes-michael_kors_north.jpg

and a couple more pairs...

Only ones I don't care much for are the wedge mules, the boots all look fantastic. I particularly like the style of the second pair, and the heel shape. Good choices, let us know how they feel to wear when they arrive (provided they fit).

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I particularly like the style of the second pair, and the heel shape. Good choices, let us know how they feel to wear when they arrive (provided they fit).

Will do. :thumbsup:

The mules are a bit of a gamble really. I don't wear heels at home, <no issues, I just don't wear outdoor shoes in the house> but the mules could become my house 'slippers'. Bit like my moccasins, but with heels.

The Michael Kors 'North' do look like they're going to be good. [if they were the ones you meant.] I bought them a good month ago, but there's been a bit of a struggle to get them posted by a friend over there. I had planned to order a 2nd pair if they fit, but I may be too late now. They don't hold onto old stock in the US.

The same idea is true of the Harley D. ones. If they fit, I'll be chasing a second pair. I did a photo edit of them without the 'harness' bit. these are the ones coming over via Fedex. Apparently.

post-10780-133522858922_thumb.jpg

Yes it was the "North" ones I liked best, but seeing the HD ones sans harness they look a lot better too.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

fastfreddy2 I really like the H-D boots where did you order them from?

http://stores.grapevinehill.com/Items/206499-p?sck=4578017&caSKU=206499-p&caTitle=Harley%20Davidson%20'Ella'%20Harness%20Fashion%20Boots%20Womens%20-%20Black

I tried to buy some from BootBarn, but when they went to pick them for dispatch, they found they were out of stock. I'm not sure the same won't have happened with Grapevinehill. I've not been advised dispatch details either....

I'll know soon enough though. :smile:

P.S.

And as if by magic ...... 25 minutes ago (immediately I stopped writing) I got an email from Fedex advising consignment number. So they are on their way!

So, who's watching this site? Grapevinehill, or Fedex? :thumbsup:

P.S.

And as if by magic ...... 25 minutes ago (immediately I stopped writing) I got an email from Fedex advising consignment number. So they are on their way!

So, who's watching this site? Grapevinehill, or Fedex? :wink:

What's going on? :thumbsup:

Now just got an email from Bootbarn telling me they are about to dispatch the boots that weren't previously available. :wink1: I've reminded them they're supposed to have refunded the charges from the original order.

I wouldn't mind but they were actually cheaper than Grapevinehill and they sell some (girls) Wrangler jeans I'd like to own too.

P.P.S.

And while checking what's on order, I dug out copies of images of the other boots: [3 types but 4 images.] D'ya think I have a thing for ankle boots? :smile:

post-10780-133522858924_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522858926_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522858927_thumb.jpg

post-10780-133522858929_thumb.jpg

These arrived a couple of days ago ....

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/everybody/2297d1211932902-today_i_bought-nine_west_welkin.jpg

and are currently my Martini footwear. So comfortable, I don't want to take them off. A very good fit, typical of Nine West. I've removed the decoration though. I wear my boots under jeans, and didn't like the unnecessary banding.

The Via Spiga wedges have arrived too. Also very comfy. Not sure about the buckle though .... If these are keepers, buckle might have to go ..... I'm having to go barefoot to walk in them. Again, good sizing.

post-10780-133522859004_thumb.jpg