About my new avatar

A larger version of my avatar is attached, and thought I'd say a bit about it here as someone asked in another thread (and a couple have PMd me too). Basically it was after I left Wet 'n' Wild in America when I was on holiday. I had to scuttle across the car park back to my hotel and then I was going out to a theme park, so couldn't be bothered to tie up the straps on my shoes again so just walked across the car park like some kind of puppet. There aren't many pics of me, most (like this one) are a few years old now. I don't always walk around like that, although I suppose it could be a new trend.

post-11189-133522857825_thumb.jpg

Although I was not asking, I thought it was just cute:winkiss:

Well, I thought it was cute too, but I do have a question, ROZ. In the larger pix it shows bows on the heels. Is that really the way the shoes are to be worn, or did you somehow manage to reverse the strap across the instep? Just curious. :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

They're small (belt-style) buckles as opposed to bows, I have attached a picture from a photoshoot I did in these same shoes. You can tell it was a photoshoot because I actually went through the effort of tying them up!! They were very old when I wore them to Orlando and had seen better days, and were a hand-me-down that I was given, in fact that was probably the last time I wore them.

post-11189-133522857916_thumb.jpg

They're small (belt-style) buckles as opposed to bows, I have attached a picture from a photoshoot I did in these same shoes. You can tell it was a photoshoot because I actually went through the effort of tying them up!!

They were very old when I wore them to Orlando and had seen better days, and were a hand-me-down that I was given, in fact that was probably the last time I wore them.

Just a question roz,

Do you think these shoes are still available in the shops.... If yes could you help me out, they look really cool and comfortable.

Hope they are

FL

FoxyLady

They were pretty comfy, I can't remember which brand they were, but I reakon the photo was taken about 3 years ago, and they were probably about 3 or 4 years old in that picture, so not sure if they're still available. What do you like most about them? The shape or the straps? I'm sure there must be something similar around still, maybe I will have a look as my search for shoes is never ending!!

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest platform shoe fan, as I have stated in previous posts. But as seen in your most recent photo, you have such nice legs and feet that they really do look nice on you. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and photos.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar pair in red though with a slenderer heel. I wish I had those legs though... in fact I wish Ruth had those legs!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Roz, your avatar looks cool. Hope you like mine too :-)

Whoops, I missed this post! What a great pic, I love all your pics on your Flickr gallery!

Anyway, I've added a new avatar, it shows the same shoes just worn properly! See the attached for a larger pic and click here for the original pic of me in the car park from page 1: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/hhplace_cafe_-_general_chit_chat/2119d1209569536-about_my_new_avatar-image1.jpg

post-11189-133522860222_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I fancied a change. With the warm weather recently I opted for some bright summer colours with my kneeboots.

Nice (that outfit surely will turn some heads as you promenade up and down the street looking for new shoes to try on.....:thumbsup:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I fancied a change. With the warm weather recently I opted for some bright summer colours with my kneeboots.

Always very eye-catching avatars that you provide. Thank you for for your variety and keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...