feet pain

t-strap lover

Question

A few months back Dallasheels started a thread on feet pain. I'm just going to ad by posting a new thread since older ones don't get read as much. I have noticed I don't have foot pain or very little when I wear my heels all day every day, but when I have to go to town or for a walk wearing flat male shoes or tennis shoes I start having great pain in my feet. I think this is caused from the feet being reshaped by the heels being worn all the time. As soon as I get home and get into a comfortable pair of 3" to 4" heels the pain starts to subside. About 15 years ago I worked in a nursing home for the elderly. there was a lady there that looked to be in her 90's setting in a wheel chair with 3" wedges on. I ask the nurse why the lady was wearing heels. She replied that when these women were young they wore heels all the time and now it hurts their feet to have to wear flat shoes provided for them. Even setting seems to make a differance for them. I guess when I get old and have to go to a care center I'll just have to take all my heels with me.

t-straps are my favorite style.

6 answers to this question

A few months back Dallasheels started a thread on feet pain. I'm just going to ad by posting a new thread since older ones don't get read as much. I have noticed I don't have foot pain or very little when I wear my heels all day every day, but when I have to go to town or for a walk wearing flat male shoes or tennis shoes I start having great pain in my feet. I think this is caused from the feet being reshaped by the heels being worn all the time. As soon as I get home and get into a comfortable pair of 3" to 4" heels the pain starts to subside. About 15 years ago I worked in a nursing home for the elderly. there was a lady there that looked to be in her 90's setting in a wheel chair with 3" wedges on. I ask the nurse why the lady was wearing heels. She replied that when these women were young they wore heels all the time and now it hurts their feet to have to wear flat shoes provided for them. Even setting seems to make a differance for them. I guess when I get old and have to go to a care center I'll just have to take all my heels with me.

This topic has already been thrashed-out pretty thoroughly. It is fairly well known that constantly wearing heels tends to shorten tendons which can lead to discomfort when wearing flats or low heels. This does not, however, happen over night and, much like foot binding, requires many years of heel wear to come about.

However, there may be another explanation. It may simply be that some shoes just feel better! My favorite pair of shoes is a pair of black White Mountain slides with 4" heels. Why? They simply feel good on my feet. I have other shoes with 4" heels that don't feel so good and my feet get tired after a short while. But those black slides feel good from the time I put them on til I take them off. :o They do have about a 1" platform, and the cushioning under my toes and the balls of my feet is, no doubt, a factor in their comfort. Still, there's something about those particular shoes that is well pleasing to me.

Of course, everyone is different, and the shoes I am most pleased with might not satisfy someone else at all. Still, there is something about a comfortable, well-fitting shoe that satisfies! :roll: So let's not overlook the possiblity that, quite apart from some sort of body modification, it may simply be a matter of comfortable shoes.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Thanks for the reply Guy N. Heels. I didn't mean to bring up subjects that have already been hashed out. I 'm just trying to bring up shoe related topics to keep a few new threads going. I guess I'll just read the threads already posted and not post anymore. Don't read this wrong. I'm not upset. just wondering where my place is on this site. Maybe the Moderater will let me know.

t-straps are my favorite style.

just wondering where my place is on this site. Maybe the Moderater will let me know.

Don't be overly concerned.

Thought I'd 'dialled a wrong number' when I first got here, but (hopefully) all is well now. :o

Like any new place, you need to acclimatise to your new surroundings. You won't get it right immediately, and I'm sure others won't 'get' you immediately either. A bit of patience from both sides, and you'll fit in, like everyone else. :roll:

Thanks for the reply Guy N. Heels. I didn't mean to bring up subjects that have already been hashed out. I 'm just trying to bring up shoe related topics to keep a few new threads going. I guess I'll just read the threads already posted and not post anymore. Don't read this wrong. I'm not upset. just wondering where my place is on this site. Maybe the Moderater will let me know.

Hey T-strap, yer right where you need to be. Forgive me for not extending my usual welcome :o:-? to the newbies, but I'll just tell it like it is, here lately I've been having more than my share of pain and difficulty :roll: , so I guess I failed to notice that yer kinda new around here.

But you're among friends and we're glad to thrash-out almost any high-heel related topic, even if there have been a few posts on it before. Just hang loose, explore around the site a bit and keep those posts coming.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hey Guy N. Heels. I was wrong to come back at you the way I did. I hope you can except my apoligy.

No apology necessary. When I really get into my meds and stuff, I can be pretty obnoxious. But thanks to a bunch of great people on this forum :roll: , we all live with one another.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels