Strap extenders?

Foon

Anyone ever heard of such a thing as a shoe strap extender? I've got a pair of these (white gloss, size 14) that would fit perfectly if the strap was an inch longer :roll:

Failing that, do you know anywhere I could get some made?

Any decent shoe repairer would be able to do that standing on his head.... If you have a problem taking the shoes in then just do a little drawing of what you want, tell him the color and you're away.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Besides, nothing says that you can''t take the straps that are too short to the shoemaker and ask that he make another pair just like them only 2 or 3" longer, is there?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Besides, nothing says that you can''t take the straps that are too short to the shoemaker and ask that he make another pair just like them only 2 or 3" longer, is there?

IMHO yer better off to take the shoes in for repair because even if the cobbler can make the straps perfectly, you still have the problem of re-attaching them to the shoes. So if you are going to pay for professional help, why not go all the way and let the professional handle the entire job? :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

If you are embarrassed then tell the guy you are in a drama club and have to play a tranny. He won't care either way as you are a paying customer. Embarrassment... It's all in the mind.

I too was devastated when I had a few shoes with straps that I couldn't wear.... then I had the idea to go to a shoemaker and asked if he could do it and yes I had some new straps made for a few of my shoes.... wasn't cheap, but hey.... FL

FoxyLady

• 1 month later...

If you are embarrassed then tell the guy you are in a drama club and have to play a tranny. He won't care either way as you are a paying customer.

Embarrassment... It's all in the mind.

A true word there Benno,

what you all have to remember is as repairers with stitching machines we get asked for many "unusual" jobs. the "there not mine" as an item's placed on the counters always a dead give away!

You (the Customers!) really don't have to worry spinning us a line, we have seen & worked on it all before!

From Exotic dancers to Transvestites it brightens up an often mundane day anyway!

As for strap extensions the biggest problem for my customers is the cost.

when your looking at spending over an hours labour on making them (if they are done nicely) they are going to cost a lot on money. but straps can be made any length. as for strap extensions this is actually quite a logical solution.

the only things I can think of that might be adaptable for this are luggage tags & cat collars.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

A true word there Benno,

what you all have to remember is as repairers with stitching machines we get asked for many "unusual" jobs. the "there not mine" as an item's placed on the counters always a dead give away!

You (the Customers!) really don't have to worry spinning us a line, we have seen & worked on it all before...

RIGHT ON! :thumbsup: In my experience one is better off to let the money do the talking. Just tell the guy what you need and settle on a price. Then if the cobbler has any questions you are far better off to keep yer answers short and to the point. Most repair shops are far more concerned about the money that goes into the till than who is wearing which shoes on their feet. So why not forget the self-conscious routine and just get on with it?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Anyone ever heard of such a thing as a shoe strap extender? I've got a pair of these (white gloss, size 14) that would fit perfectly if the strap was an inch longer :thumbsup:

Failing that, do you know anywhere I could get some made?

I had the same problem a few years ago with a very similar pair of shoes.

On mine, the buckle part was attached to the shoe with a short piece of elastic material. I had the shoe repair guy remove this and re-attach the buckle with a longer piece of elastic. It worked very well, and was not expensive at all. Good Luck.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE