Pumps

Which footwear do you wear in public  

594 members have voted

1. 1. Which footwear do you wear in public

• Boots
    • Pumps
    • Sandals
    • Wedges

Well, my preference is for pumps. Easy to put on, easy to wear, just plain easy, period! :roll:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Mostly Boots, one pair of wedge heel sneakers, and one pair of clogs.

Do you know where I can get wedge sneakers in a larger size? Women's 13 or more? I'd love to have one pair, but I can't find it anywhere in my size.

Yesterday I wore my Victoria Secret (Colin Stuart) 4" knee high brown snake print boots shopping. I first went to Target and bought a few things, then to Joyce Leslie and then Kohls. No verbal negative reactions but I wasn't looking for them either.

Today I wore my Steve Madden 3" boots with Jordache jeans out to Wal-Mart. I browsed here and there but didn't buy anything.

The photos are exactly the way I was out and about.

post-9697-133522857006_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522857013_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522857021_thumb.jpg

post-9697-13352285703_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522857039_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Those are great outfits and high heels. And you say there were no comments or reactions? That is terrific!:roll:

No Roni, there were no comments, some strange looks but that's about it. A security guard outside of the mall greeted me with an excessively warm greeting that I was sure would not have happened otherwise, but who cares!

It's all about the heel!

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I wore my Victoria Secret (Colin Stuart) 4" knee high brown snake print boots shopping. I first went to Target and bought a few things, then to Joyce Leslie and then Kohls. No verbal negative reactions but I wasn't looking for them either.

Today I wore my Steve Madden 3" boots with Jordache jeans out to Wal-Mart. I browsed here and there but didn't buy anything.

The photos are exactly the way I was out and about.

Impressive outfits, my friend! More power to you!

Like anything else, it depends on what I am doing. I have a couple of pair of stacked heel loafers from Nine West and a pair of loafers with a stiletto heel from Franco Sarto that I wear out a lot. I also wear pumps a lot and on occasion something more strappy if I am in the mood. Of course shoes are simply part of the entire outfit, so like anybody else I pick shoes based on what I am wearing (or what I am wearing based upon my shoes....) Though I love the look of boots, I myself have never really liked to wear boots. I guess I like my feet to feel "free."

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks Jeff,

You do very well for yourself too!

I'll be driving to Florida the week of the 18th (unless plans change drastically). I'll be wearing heels all of the way! I will post the pics.

It's all about the heel!

Hello friends,

I have a my space page that is pushing for Fashion Freedom for Men and one of my new friends has said they we're working on an article regarding fantastic larger shoes... (title still tbd). any how, I'd love your input and would be happy to quote you. let me know.

Have a great Tuesday.

Stephinitely

SHUZSOCIETY

Can I get your help with the the input? this may help all of use in the long run, may I post there questions here and get your feedback. WhyNotMenToo

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I just bought two pair of pumps from e-bay, that have nice round toes. I specifically bought them for streetheeling. They are both nine west, one pair navy and one pair black. I plan on giving them a try soon.

Style is built from the ground up!

I'd like to suggest this youtube video:

Seems to be a nice chap with balls. I commend him for not being afraid to be himself.

However, I'd never wear heels with a pair of white socks and a skirt, a fashion "faux pas" imo. Oh and that silver dress would look bad on me lol, too feminine for my taste.

Well, that was interesting. That fellow certainly has big brass ones to wear what he wants in public, and proudly to boot. Quite eyeopening to say the least.

Thank you for sharing that with us. This man has to be admired. He wears what he wants to wear, enjoys wearing the clothes and high heels that he enjoys, and he is telling the world, "hey, look at me, and I enjoy being me." He is definitely one of us and I am inspired by this video.

Thanks again.

Only boots. I've worn some to work before. Nobody had a problem with it. In the workplace, people generally wear clothing to fit in, regardless of what it is. I think if you pick out clothes that don't cause too much of a stir, you'll be fine. Mid heels, brown or black color, plainer style, etc.

Boots here are easier to go with, moderate heel unless I can cover them with a longer pant. Some shoes can be used, when in cowboy country heels on cowboy boots are dead easy but a more feminine heel will take some heat. Never know what to expect but that is the excitement of it.

Boots here are easier to go with, moderate heel unless I can cover them with a longer pant. Some shoes can be used, when in cowboy country heels on cowboy boots are dead easy but a more feminine heel will take some heat.

Never know what to expect but that is the excitement of it.

Excitement: exactly right...Just the desire to do something different, that is neither illegal, immoral, or fattening. Come to think of it, since I first went public with heels, I've dropped about 12 pounds, without really trying. As McDonald's says: "I'm lovin' it".