Are boots just for winter?

Spikey

I'll wear boots year round. There's no issues with season for me when it comes to shoes. Whatever is comfortable and looks fabulous, I'll wear.

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I tend to prefer boots and sandals. I wear sandals from May through late September, sometimes October if it's warm enough. I have all kinds of boots from furry, pom-pom ones to sleek stilettos w/ metal heels. The more embellishments, the better: love buckles, studs, and embroidery (but not at the same time)

• 2 months later...

I do at night sometimes, but when its warm your feet get super sweaty :)

Jen

What kind of boots do you wear year round in the evenings and how do you deal with the sweat issue?

When it's hot out, my feet tends to get sweaty in boots and I hate wearing nylons or socks. I'll wear them during the cold months though.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Boots are excellent in the summer just as they are at any other time of year, and mine certainly don’t get put away in the back of the wardrobe. I love them too much. I find that they only get sweaty if I do a great deal of walking. A spray of antiperspirant keeps my feet tolerably dry for a few hours in the evening they look great and make me feel good and that’s what really counts. If I wear a lightweight skirt and a little top my body still has plenty of opportunity to keep itself cool.

Alexa

• 2 weeks later...

Here in the UK, the late May weather has turned cool again after a few hot days and I've got my boots back on. It felt good zipping them up this morning as the breeze blew in through my open bedroom window. Although I'm often in courts (pumps) or Mary-Janes in the summer, I suffer from boot deprivation if I don't wear them a couple of times a week. So I enjoy the changeable English weather. Alexa

Unlike some of you here, I tend to be rather shy and conservative with my fashion style. Although I love to wear dresses and skirts, my legs are almost never bare in public. I always wear my tights/pantyhose with my knee high suede or leather boots. If I want to go for a sexier look, I sometimes wear long socks that stick out of my boots and go over my knees. On hotter days, I sometimes switch to calf high boots, cowgirl boots, ankle boots or gladiator boots but it is +12C right now so I am comfortable in my knee high leather boots with chunky heel.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear Boots all over the year, in cold winter as well as all the day in hot summer. I can't without.

Hey Melanie, during the warmer months, do you wear socks and pantyhose with your boots?

Let me guess, you also like boots because you can add a lot of padding inside so you can wear heels for long periods of time without getting tired?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I love boots !

Most of the time I wear them in winter, but occasionnaly I can wear them in summer. I can even wear tight high boots in summer if I want.

Kiss

Sab

I totally agree. :D

In summer, I wear thighhighs and knee boots by nights with summer hosery. I dont suffer hot weather. Also I enjoy the hate - curiosity glance of the other gals looking at a woman in sexy boots while they wear flipflops, crocs or other aberrations :smile:

And winter, spring and autumn, boots are made for me!!!! .

Elegance is my second name

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of boots do you usually wear?

Knee highs? Ankle boots? Sandal boots?

I wear booths around the year, since our summers aint that warm compared to many other countries. I probably would wear my favorite boots during the summer even if I lived in a country with a warmer climate.

Favorite boots right now are knee high leather boots I use together with leather pants when I go out dancing.

I love knee high boots for dancing as well although I pair them with skirts and pantyhose instead of leather pants. Boots tend to have better cushioning, are more stable and do not have a tendency to fall off during complex dance moves. Also with boots, I can hide cushioning in them if I need to so it looks like I can dance in really tall heels when in fact I have layers of pantyhose and socks for padding LOL

Do you use cushioning in your boots when dancing as well?

I love knee high boots for dancing as well although I pair them with skirts and pantyhose instead of leather pants. Boots tend to have better cushioning, are more stable and do not have a tendency to fall off during complex dance moves. Also with boots, I can hide cushioning in them if I need to so it looks like I can dance in really tall heels when in fact I have layers of pantyhose and socks for padding LOL

Yes. I use socks while dancing, for the same purpose. It is a trade off between warmth and comfort.

Yes. I use socks while dancing, for the same purpose. It is a trade off between warmth and comfort.

Is anyone here serious about dancing?

I am heavily involved in the local dance scene. I do salsa, mambo, merengue, rumba, bachata, jive, tango as well as some samba. Between dance practice, socials and the occasional congress, I end up dancing a lot!

For a lot of the dances, you dance on the balls of your feet. You bounce on them a lot. I typically wear between 2" to 3" heels but when dancing for hours on end, the heels can exhaust me. Thus I dance in boots and I use layers of thick socks or layers of pantyhose to help lessen the strain on my ankles, knees and hips.

Villoria, Heidi, anyone else who dances, do you do that as well to alleviate the strain of heels for a long time?

Does anyone have any other tips for dancing in heels?

Not cushioning, I usually wear platform boots. For me platforms are accurate for disco dancing and rocknroll.

Elegance is my second name

Villoria, Heidi, anyone else who dances, do you do that as well to alleviate the strain of heels for a long time?

You do some serious dancing Hanna! I believe you would know better than most people what the best way is to dance in high heels.

I do some dancing as well although it is primarily clubbing with some occasional salsa mixes sprinkled in. Even for walking though, I find the higher the heel, the more padding I want. For that reason, I tend to wear boots a lot more then pumps, even during the summer season.

I went clubbing with several good college friends of mine and I was dancing in 3.5" heels. With one layer of pantyhose and two layers of socks inside my boots, the effects of the heels were lessened and it was more comfortable dancing for hours.

It did get a bit warm though so I am wondering how others deal with warmth during the summer season?

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone here serious about dancing?

I am heavily involved in the local dance scene. I do salsa, mambo, merengue, rumba, bachata, jive, tango as well as some samba. Between dance practice, socials and the occasional congress, I end up dancing a lot!

For a lot of the dances, you dance on the balls of your feet. You bounce on them a lot. I typically wear between 2" to 3" heels but when dancing for hours on end, the heels can exhaust me. Thus I dance in boots and I use layers of thick socks or layers of pantyhose to help lessen the strain on my ankles, knees and hips.

Does anyone have any other tips for dancing in heels?

I only do club dancing with friends these days. I used to dance a lot together with a previous boyfriend. When we went out dancing did I usually wear dancing shoes, with a heel about 4-5 centimeters and the heels on those dancing shoes are not "spikes" but a bit wider.