October in NE OHIO

johnieheel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second that. I don't know if I'll wear hh clogs, pumps, or low-cut Mary Janes. It takes brass to do this, but it's a chance to be yourself. It's funny...one can be well-adjusted, with "normal" passions, but to do this occasionally is a source of fulfillment.:smile:

I'll second that. I don't know if I'll wear hh clogs, pumps, or low-cut Mary Janes.

I'll be wearing 4 or 5" stiletto mary janes. I've been heeling around this area for a few years and have not had not 1 problem. Wear what you want and have fun. You will be among friends.:smile:

Note to self. "bring a couple extra pair so if you feel the need to change.":smile:

real men wear heels

I hadn't thought of the "extra pair" idea, but it is a good one. I am now into "Comfilon" hose. It is nice because it conforms better to male anatomy, and is available with a fly. I like hh's, but have discovered that I like flats, too, if they are cut low enough. My favorite hh's are clog-style, open in back, with at least a 4" heel. I'm here in northern Ohio, and am determined to attend the next Ohio meet. I believe in being myself. I am, by choice, totally bald, for 3.5 years. If I like a certain style of footwear, I'll wear it, within certain limitations. Does anyone here go shopping in "pony boots"?

I would love to meet but have to travel from Holland Michigan. Probably about 6 hours away. What time would we meet - how long would we be together? I may have to spend the night and go home on Sunday. My wife is OK with my heel thing at home - I wear them everyday at home. Not sure what she will think about me meeting a bunch of other guys to go walking around in public. I will feel her out. Keep me posted - I would love to do it. Then I have to think about which pairs to wear:)

I would love to meet but have to travel from Holland Michigan. Probably about 6 hours away. What time would we meet - how long would we be together? I may have to spend the night and go home on Sunday. My wife is OK with my heel thing at home - I wear them everyday at home. Not sure what she will think about me meeting a bunch of other guys to go walking around in public. I will feel her out. Keep me posted - I would love to do it. Then I have to think about which pairs to wear:)

I figure we can meet around noon at Ruby Tuesdays in Belden Village (Canton). Very easy to find. If that is OK with everyone.

It's going to be sorta spontanious. We meet, talk over lunch, shop, or whatever and just relax and enjoy the day in heels.

real men wear heels

I haven't posted in a few days, but want to vote in favor of "Ruby Tuesday's". It should be quite an experience, I don't plan to buy anything, but it will be my first SIGNIFICANT venture, since earlier this year when I spent 2 hours in an auto repair store, having a new exhaust system installed on my car. I wore 3.5" low cut pumps the whole time. I have done numerous low-key ventures, however, including wearing said pumps to drop off a compute:clap: r for repairs, and when picking it up.

I suppose it could continue into Sunday for breakfast some where for those who want to get a room. My wife and I will be more than happy to meet for Sun. breakfast and what ever happens after that. Maybe we could take in a movie or something. I'm not to good at organizing so we'll have to play it by ear.

real men wear heels

If it's anywhere between Sandusky and Canton, I will be there. I want to wear something extra special. I've just discovered guys' hose (why has the soothing comfort of this stuff not become more widely known?) I like hh clogs (although my daily fare is conventional open back Bastad clogs...I am wearing them with the aforementioned guys' pantyhose, and have not felt this comfortable in quite a while). If I don't wear the hh clogs, I'll wear my EXTREMELY low-cut pumps (go to "Lovely Pumps" to see something similar), or if I chicken-out, my spike heel boots. Screw conventionality. "I'm o.k., you're o.k." Again, this is just part of life. Not obligatory, but if u care to participate, o.k. Some *%*&&@ just dropped a virus on my trusty Sony Vaio computer, so I am forced to write this on another of the ten computers that I own. A pox upon you, virus-dropper. May you some day have to send out an e-mail asking for rescue, only to discover that YOU have such a virus! Long live hhplace!:smile:

Let's let it flow. I just want to wear my heels where I want and be with other people that feel the same way. I have many pairs to choose from.Jeans and 5 inch wedge peep toe pumps sound good to me. I will make sure that my toes are painted real pretty. Bernheels

Let's let it flow. I just want to wear my heels where I want and be with other people that feel the same way. I have many pairs to choose from.Jeans and 5 inch wedge peep toe pumps sound good to me. I will make sure that my toes are painted real pretty.

Bernheels

I promise, it will be fun. Don't forget camera.

real men wear heels

Let me re-interate; I "wanna" do this. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I have found wearing nifty footwear and not being questioned has been kind of nice. The only exception was the clerk at Best Buy, who seemed a bit agast by my cross-strapped hh sandals. The next time I was at same store, I was in a pair of 3" pumps, backed by p.h. (pantyhose.) I guess that I am a bit tv, but my libido is toward the opposite sex. Nonetheless, I'm gonna attend our meet in a jeans skirt, p.h., and pumps similar to "Lovely Pumps"., which, believe it or not, came from Wally Walmart, in ladies' size 12. Learning to know myself for who I am....

Let me re-interate; I "wanna" do this. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I have found wearing nifty footwear and not being questioned has been kind of nice.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but I need to to be honest with everyone.

The point that I, and I believe a lot of us are trying to get across to the general public here is that there are a lot of men out there that like to wear heels on a daily basis.

I am NOT against tv's cd's gays or what and who ever you are and neither is my wife but the fact is here is that we don't want to put the wrong ideas in other peoples minds and I think if they see us walking around in skirts, heels and hose, it will give the wrong idea that I, we, are trying to get across, just men in heels.

Saying that, I think we should keep it kind of low profile for the first meet and come wearing just pants and heels of your choice, boots, in our out of pants, your highest heels, or what ever. We'll see how it goes and take it from there.

Please do not be offended, this is a trial run and I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. The public can be very harsh as we know. We need to feel them out on this first heel meet and go from there.

Opinions please!:smile:

real men wear heels

I echo Johnie's post. I, too, have nothing against skirts but I think this outing isn't to promote all fashion freedom; I think its focus is or should be limited to heels. Well, if you want to wear tights or pantyhose, that's fine, too. It's mostly hidden anyway, and I wear them all the time myself. But I would discourage skirts, dresses, skorts, women's blouses, wigs, make-up and attempts at crossdressing in general. In my opinion we should present ourselves dressed as men (meaning jeans or long pants), but in shoes with heels. If we were in a private meeting, I'm good with anything you want to wear, but since we plan to be in a public venue, I think we need to put some boundaries on the event. As it is, we're pushing the envelope way beyond what a lot of people can tolerate without laughing their heads off anyway. So I vote to limit fashion freedom this first time to just shoes and hose, and see how it goes. Let's keep it conservative for those who may be feel awkward with wearing heels in public. It may even be the first time for some! Once we're comfortable with each other, then we can discuss expanding the boundaries. Just my opinion. GWL

See my last post: I'll add to it by saying": "It -hic- sheemed like a good idea-hic- at the -hic- time". There is a department here for comments that I made, and will go there in the future, should the occasion arise. If you folks will forget that I posted this @$#%&, I'll be pleased.

See my last post: I'll add to it by saying": "It -hic- sheemed like a good idea-hic- at the -hic- time". There is a department here for comments that I made, and will go there in the future, should the occasion arise. If you folks will forget that I posted this @$#%&, I'll be pleased.

No big deal friend. We here are all pretty openminded but a lot of society still has a loooooooooong way to go. If u get my drift.:smile:

real men wear heels

Yes, I goofed. I let my imagination wander to its extremes. (Thank-you, Cutty Sark.) I value this group, and feel like a dummy for letting my thoughts wander. I want to be individualistic, but still want to show myself as being o.k. I took an early retirement (age 52). I want to be adventuresome. If the October get-together is still on, I want to be there, in something that says: "This is the new guys' footwear." I thought that we had arrived in 1975 when guys could choose from platform boots, clogs, and non-boot platforms. Just out of high-school, I could barely afford those nifty platforms that I admired, let alone those new knee-high Dingo boots. Thankfully, even today, I can free-style daily somewhat; I wear Dansko and Troentorp clogs almost exclusively. I dislike "normal" shoes; they don't feel right. I'm sure that a bunch of you out there feel the same. Looking forward to October in either HH clogs, pumps, or spike boots, I remain your friend...Sabotalot

Sabotalot, I don't think you made a faux pas at all. In fact, I think it was a GOOD thing you mentioned what you were thinking of wearing, so we could voice our opinions, rather than let you show up and possibly have some people (either inside or outside our group) be uncomfortable with the way you (or others) were dressed. So you did all of us, yourself included, a favor by posting and letting us put our cards on the table. Thank you! Now that we've defined some limits for ourselves, let's move on and anticipate a good time together. Johnie, I'm going to urge my wife to join us, but I don't know if she will or not. She doesn't share my passion for heels, although she tolerates them extremely well. She might want to come along just for the ride or just out of curiosity to meet my odd friends! HA HA GWL

Well I finally got the OK to join the fun from my wife. She will not be joining, she also is OK with my passion for heels but is not interested in this outing. I am looking forward to it. I need to search back through the comments to see where we are meeting and at what time. I am coming from Holland Michigan area and will be staying the night. 5 hr drive one way. I will be bring boots and also some peep toe pumps. Will that be OK with everyone? Bernheels

Well I finally got the OK to join the fun from my wife. She will not be joining, she also is OK with my passion for heels but is not interested in this outing. I am looking forward to it. I need to search back through the comments to see where we are meeting and at what time. I am coming from Holland Michigan area and will be staying the night. 5 hr drive one way. I will be bring boots and also some peep toe pumps. Will that be OK with everyone?

Bernheels

Perfect!

real men wear heels

Hi All. I would like to meet with you-all this weekend so I could finaly have some pics. and possibly a video of me in my bboots that could be posted on the web. so that all could see that I'm not blowing smoke when I post my bboots experiences. But I'm going to be in Columbus that weekend. How about moving it back to the last weekend? Dr Who 3.