Is Society Being More Tolerant?

johnieheel

Is Society Being More Tolerant Of Men In Heels?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Is Society Being More Tolerant Of Men In Heels?

I may have mentioned this earlier in this post, but we shouldn't worry about whether or not society becomes more tolerant of a man in heels. In my mind, that's a minor concern, something we shouldn't obsess about. As long as I'm free to wear what I want, where I want, and in a tasteful, non-obtrusive manner, I refuse to care if society accepts what I wear or not. Goth kids, headbangers with foot high purple mohawks and wannabe gangstas with the tops of their jeans worn down to their crotch don't ask society for tolerance of their fashion, why should we feel we need to be any different?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i do think society has become more tolerant, but not enough for those of us who have children, because i'm shure that if were single, i would wear heels everyday as my regular shoe, and this mostly thanks to you guys and this forum which has really helped me to accept my fancy for heels, but when you kids are involved, i'm almost shure that they will understand, such as my wife does, but when it comes to other kids and their parents, most probably they would seggregate my kids because they would fear me as a bad influence for their children leading them to the wrong side of the force.

High 55.... i agree with you totally..... it's a lot harder when you have people that are attached to you that will be impacted by our decision to wear heels..... sure we may be thick skinned enough to hndle it (or not).. and they will probably be too, but it is an innate nature in us (human - well mst anyway) that we don't want to do anything that may hurt or harm people we oved and care about..... hmmmmmmm

but when you kids are involved, i'm almost shure that they will understand, such as my wife does, but when it comes to other kids and their parents, most probably they would seggregate my kids because they would fear me as a bad influence for their children leading them to the wrong side of the force.

real men wear heels

johnie... it is a contradiction but it's hard not come to the same conclusion as high_55.... i agree that we should teach our kids to be open minded etc but at te same time you don't want to make it any more difficult for them either.... mmmm tough choice.... no right or wrong.... just what you personally think is a better choice....

the main issue is at what age your kids will be able to handle negative emotions coming from outsiders, just because they haven't even given you the chance to explain yourself, unfortunately most people just judge the book by the cover and don't want to learno more, maybe because they fear it may grow on them too, and are scared of how to handle it, and how may it affect their world, in the meanwhile it's better to point fingers and say that boy or girl maybe a bad influence for you so don't talk to him or her.

i do think society has become more tolerant, but not enough for those of us who have children

Although I think I understand what you are saying I cannot agree. If such an insignificant thing as wearing high heels would actually contribute to my children understanding about personal choices, living your own life, and acceptance, then I would be morally obliged to always wear heels!

Not wearing heels because of what others may think is letting them set the rules for me! I don't think so!

raymond i do see your point, i don't really care what they think about me, because thats totally out of my control, and worthless of getting worried about. what i'm trying to express is that unfortunately you could affect your kid, because he or she isn't emotionally mature enough yet to understand that your happiness doesn't deppend on what other people think, but i do believe i educating them to be happy with what they like and do it regardless of what others think.

• 1 month later...

I was in Kohls store a few years ago, trying on a pair of 4" chunky heeled boots. There was a clerk who came up and asked if he could help. He found the right size I asked for, and when I asked him what he thought as I tried them on, he was cool enough to say, "Looks great, if you got the balls to wear 'em." Style-wise, if they look good, they look good. But confidence is everything. William

when I asked him what he thought as I tried them on, he was cool enough to say, "Looks great, if you got the balls to wear 'em." William

Didn't someone once say that brevity is the sole of truth? (or, something like that?):smile::lmao::thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I was in Kohls store a few years ago, trying on a pair of 4" chunky heeled boots. There was a clerk who came up and asked if he could help. He found the right size I asked for, and when I asked him what he thought as I tried them on, he was cool enough to say, "Looks great, if you got the balls to wear 'em."

Style-wise, if they look good, they look good.

But confidence is everything.

William

I share a very similar experience with you. It was a female clerk and her response was, "It's a free country and you can wear what you want."

I share a very similar experience with you. It was a female clerk and her response was, "It's a free country and you can wear what you want."

Especially if it puts your hard earned dollars into the store's coffers! Let's not forget about that! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I previously indicated that I thought that the level of tolerance is probably higher now than in the past. Here in the USA midwest, we really are pretty conservative folks, so the level of tolerance is probably a bit less than many places. However, I have recently begun to wear heels out, and have yet to have a bad reaction. Of course, what I am wearing would be difficult to discern as heels unless you actually did look closely. Yesterday, I wore this pair of loafer style shoes while I did some shopping. I walked through several parking lots, into three different department stores, and into the mall, and I didn't notice anyone having a reaction of any type. I am becoming more brave certainly, but I'm not yet ready to do a more obvious thinner heel, though I'd certainly consider a high block heel with no problem.

post-99-133522868197_thumb.jpg

Wife and I had to get up early to go to the N.Canton walmart for some fabric for a special order. I wore my 4" oxfords and she wore heels also. One check out lady heard us comming by and took a brief look to see where all the clicking was comming from. (mostly me). Went back to the fabric dept, picked out what we needed and stood there waiting to get it cut. A very nice Black lady was standing there with a cart full to get cut and I struck up a conversation with her. We talked as we both got waited on for about 20 minutes. She never batted an eye at what I was wearing. Went to the check out to the same cashier who also didn't bat an eye and was treated like a perfectly normal customer. Just another day in heels.

real men wear heels

I previously indicated that I thought that the level of tolerance is probably higher now than in the past. Here in the USA midwest, we really are pretty conservative folks, so the level of tolerance is probably a bit less than many places. However, I have recently begun to wear heels out, and have yet to have a bad reaction. Of course, what I am wearing would be difficult to discern as heels unless you actually did look closely. Yesterday, I wore this pair of loafer style shoes while I did some shopping. I walked through several parking lots, into three different department stores, and into the mall, and I didn't notice anyone having a reaction of any type. I am becoming more brave certainly, but I'm not yet ready to do a more obvious thinner heel, though I'd certainly consider a high block heel with no problem.

Where did you get your heel shose, what store?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Tolerant might be the wrong word. Here in the US, political correctness has completely taken over and everyone is afraid to say anything about anyone 'different.' While I hate the PC movement, I happen to benefit from it in this instance. People still think what they will. They just can't say anything. Only people in the safety of groups (usually like-minded friends) feel secure enough to speak out and harass people.

Recently, I have been wearing heels a lot. Many days I doubt the tolerance of society, however my observations recently is that society may not becoming more tolerant as much as it just doesn't care. I guess that is better anyway.

Style is built from the ground up!

Why do we worry ourselved so much about this? It is really none of society's business what we wear on our feet!! It only becomes society's business if we are indecent and exposing parts of our body that shouldn't be exposed.

Recently, I have been wearing heels a lot. Many days I doubt the tolerance of society, however my observations recently is that society may not becoming more tolerant as much as it just doesn't care. I guess that is better anyway.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Why do we worry ourselved so much about this? It is really none of society's business what we wear on our feet!! It only becomes society's business if we are indecent and exposing parts of our body that shouldn't be exposed.

I guess I worry about it because there is a long history in the United States (as well as the rest of the world) of certain elements of society denying life, liberty, and property to people simply because they are different. I would like to live in a world that people can go about their business and not feel threatened because of who they are, whom they love, who they prey to, etc. In a really twisted way, I think guys who wear heels make people confront their prejudices. When I go out in heels as a good citizen, in essence it makes the world a better (and more fashionable) place.

Pardon my hyperbole.

Now lets hold hands and join in a chorus of Kum by Ya.....:smile:

Style is built from the ground up!

Just curious about others opinions of the reactions they get or don't get when out in heels as a man. Not worried about it at all.:smile:

real men wear heels

oh I'm with you johnieheel. I dont really care about others "thoughts" cause I know the human race is NOT telepathic(read mindreaders you know)so whatever one thinks (or does not think) does not intrest me in the least! I know who I am & my style is MINE, therefor no ones bussiness but my mine alone.

oh I'm with you johnieheel. I dont really care about others "thoughts" cause I know the human race is NOT telepathic(read mindreaders you know)so whatever one thinks (or does not think) does not intrest me in the least! I know who I am & my style is MINE, therefor no ones bussiness but my mine alone.

Demoniaplatforms, Johnieheels, and myself are all about the same age. After you've lived your life the way you want to live it, happy with the way you lived it, and especially happy with youself and your likes, dislikes, and personal pleasures, that is really all that matters. Let society tolerate me!