Admiring women in heels

Stu

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, feel free to boggle away then! I'm often searching for the reasons why people dress in certain ways and heels is my favourite pondering. But I'm convinced a large majority won't even notice even if a woman is wearing very special shoes.

Or, based on my experiences, if a man is wearing special shoes! I think people dress in certain ways for many different reasons. But a major one is tribal identity. (Bear with me on this). At the moment, where I am, there's any number of tall looming sort-of gothy things, all wearing big urban boots and hooded sweatshirts with band names on. I've never asked, but I'm willing to bet that they all dress this way 'to be different'. Err, if you're all the same, how are you different? As for me, I dress in what I feel comfortable in. Sometimes, like now, that's jeans and tee-shirt, sometimes it's a suit and tie. It's an easy way to 'join the tribe' whereever I happen to be working. Of course, as I'm not really a corporate clone anywhere, I like to make things slightly different. Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Sort of gothy things? Not really goth, that look. Trust me, I know it all too well. Goth's look, well, dead! There's more of a victorian sense to the clothing at times. Sewatshirts with hoods, or hoodies as we call them, are more of a trendy thing right now. There is this growing movement about youth rebellion aruond bands that take a heavy rock sound, throw in a bit of rapping, a touch of techno, and make something new. But everyone does it now. This has nothing to do with the topic, so I'll stop now.

Yes, off topic again :smile: Actually many of the young women now in UK dress in flowing black pants, high heeled boots, tight black or white tops, or black jackets. It could be described as a slightly gothy look. Anyway, it's one I like seeing on women, so there's plenty of admiring to be done at present.

Sort of gothy things? Not really goth, that look.

Trust me, I know it all too well. Goth's look, well, dead!

Err... I wrote 'Sort-of gothy things' as I didn't really know how else to describe them. I think I know what Goths look like, but this was a new one on me.

There is this growing movement about youth rebellion aruond bands that take a heavy rock sound, throw in a bit of rapping, a touch of techno, and make something new. But everyone does it now.

I know. The truly odd thing about it is that I quite like some of the music, like Linkin Park, but I tend to get odd looks when I'm in that section of the music shop, with my little boy, trying to decide if I want to buy some new CDs :smile:

This has nothing to do with the topic, so I'll stop now.

Why stop now when this is so much fun :grin: ?

And as for the look FireFox described - that's a cool look, and well worth admiring!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I know. The truly odd thing about it is that I quite like some of the music, like Linkin Park, but I tend to get odd looks when I'm in that section of the music shop, with my little boy, trying to decide if I want to buy some new CDs :smile:

Are you sure thats not the heels? :grin:

Exercise your right to buy the music you want.

Hang on though this sounds a familar battle cry!

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

weird taste in music, weird taste in footwear, who cares I'm weird, which means I'm different from the rest of the mindless sheep! Hurray! I'm an INDIVIDUAL capable of my own thought and choice! :grin: but on topic, I complimented a woman on her footwear today and was rewarded with a smile and her phone number :grin: don't tell the wife :smile: The lady in question was wearing 5.5" stiletto courts with a knee length black leather skirt and almost see through top. For all you people thinking "Oh yeah, he just let something else think for him!", the answer is no. I was admiring her shoes! Ok, so I did need a bucket of iced water after, but that's beside the point :grin: but I think the phone number will be hidden away, at least until I've met this woman again by chance and not arrangement! I wish I'd had my camera with me as there were some nice displays on the way home as well :grin:

Good for you, Francis. I keep thinking that if I were to ever compliment a woman on her shoes, I would get my face slapped. Would you call that "the George Costanza syndrome"? I suppose if you do that enough, the law of probability will win out and you'll get your share of face slaps and phone numbers. Silent admiration is less dangerous, but perhaps also less exciting. P.S. That is a wonderful photo of Stellah up above.

Are you sure thats not the heels? :smile:

Quite sure. I don't wear heels when my little boy is around. It's difficult, but I don't want him to get in any trouble just from me and my shoes.

Exercise your right to buy the music you want.

Hang on though this sounds a familar battle cry!

Perhaps we should just try "Buy and use whatever you want!"

No problem. After all, I fancy myself as a bit of a writer as well, and I know that you have to go for it when inspiration strikes! And before anyone asks "which bit of a writer?", uh - guess?

I think Stephen Hawking writes with his mouth using a ponter which he touches controls with. Anyway, despite being in a wheelchair, he is a randy old sod, on his own admission, who has been married twice I think. All of which is very far from admiring women in heels, which I bet Stephen Hawking does :smile:

If Hawking admires women in heels, I think that proves something about the relation between heels and intelligence. There has to be something. And yes, I admit, the brain is the most important thing for writing. I mean, a thousand monkyes on a thousand typewriters for a thousand hours are not going to put together what I can in five minutes, right?

If Hawking admires women in heels, I think that proves something about the relation between heels and intelligence. There has to be something.

Well, I'm intelligent and I wear high heels, so I'd have to agree with you.

And yes, I admit, the brain is the most important thing for writing. I mean, a thousand monkyes on a thousand typewriters for a thousand hours are not going to put together what I can in five minutes, right?

True. They're all busy working as security guards :smile:

Stephen Hawking could probably give a very authoritative explanation as to why high heels increase a person's height by an amount less than the height of the heel. He could probably come up with all kinds of neat equations, perhaps one that describes how hip motion changes with the height and thickness of the heel. Maybe someone should e-mail Stephen a link to our little forum.

Well I think I would buy the book but could never understand it.

I have found a page out of the book I own of Stephan Hawking. It’s at

http://lookinside-images.amazon.com/Qffs+v35leoIDnI4EprgGDhVsqtkfJBYt8raB41D5FJswd9YLDFdZDRXk5ySxmix7QAlCZF/HgtPRq8DzHbOGJfh/9CYQclpWxaFErI2yvYwMddP43Q9z2K8+ENlI+oXjbvCBOEB5hLzMupj52Lv/VgWdptvZpT+zjNXkZfh8puDdyfbEDBrV+xg7wkzN3g9

It's the book he wrote especially for everybody to read. Well I always liked astronomy and that sort of stuff, but reading this book has not been easy at all.

• 9 months later...