High Heel Foot Shape

Fred

The impression I get is that number of the contributors to this message board have worn heels for many years. One of the things I wonder is to what extent you feet have assumed a high heels shape? If this has happened to you does it makes and difference to wearing heels, and also pointed toes? Do you like the shape of you feet? I’m posting this message on both this new board, and the old board. It will be interesting to see which gets the most (if any) responses! Cheers Fred

You're looking for responses? Oh dear. Now you've done it... Wll, I may not have as much experience to relate from. In University I was rather "flat footed" and I am still catching up. Well, heels are not appropriate for a ten minute dash across a campus, and since everyone else dressed so... casual (re slobish) I had to slum a little bit to fit in. So in the past few years, I have noticed that my toes angle in more. Just a bit, mind you. My feet are not wide by any means, but my toes are a bit long. Also, when not wearing any shoes, with my feet off the ground, they shape for about a two inch heel right now. This will change ove the next few months. And it is not as if my foot is locked into position, but it reverts to this two inch heel form when not in any shoe. I expect it to shape for three or even four in the next few months. Almost two years at my current job with a LOT of high heel wear, and I have only reached a two inch heel shape resting state. Time to crank up the height a LOT more. Two years and I have an easy time of walking on just the balls of my feet if barefoot. It is almost preferred. And I bet this message board will have all of the replies. That other board is not as cool compared to this one. :smile: Laurie

I've worn HH for over 20 years, I suppose my arches may have increased slightly in height. I've always had relatively high arches care of some ballet training I did in my teens. Certainly high arches and flexible ankles make for easy wearing of HH. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Hello Yes my feet have changed shape in the last 17 years but it is for the better. My foot always looks like it is wearing a 3 inch heel even sitting on the sofa. However I seldom ever wear a heel that low always 4 inches for me. My toes have bent over the years big toes bend in and other toes bend in and under a little bit. I love how my feet look . Meg-ann

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wearing for a while and the only difference I've noticed is slightly more flexibility in the ankle. My foot shape hasn't altered at all and I tend to walk on the ball of my foot when I don't have any shoes on. Occasionally I do walk with my heels hitting the floor, but not often. Not much help but it's another take on the subject :smile:

Hi Firefox and everyone else :smile: I am thinking along the lines of what Firefox said "I prefer to see women with normal feet shapes". I think I would voice this a lot stronger. Recently I saw a women's feet with the toe pointing in and the toes tucked under. Call me naive, but I thought she had a disease of the foot. I was very repulsed by the look. If most women like to wear pointed toe high heels shoes, and this is what happens to their feet, I am not impressed. If this is what pointed toe shoes do to women's feet, I don't think I can bear to look at another women walking in these kind of shoes. Please tell me this isn't happening to most women's feet wearing high heels. Ben

Ben,

Just reading what you wrote, I strongly advise you <u>NOT</u> to visit the online "Bunion Museum" (link to be found at Google).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom-NL on 2002-02-18 22:57 ]</font>

Sounds revolting Tom, don't think I'll bother going there - a museum for bunions?? Whatever next :smile: As long as the shoes fit correctly then they will not damage your feet. As I said before, I don't have deformed feet from wearing heels Ben, so don't panic and keep enjoying the heels. Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Yuk Tom, unbelievable! Haven't got bunions, and not interested in the acquisition of such. As Debbie just said and I've alluded to before in other posts if the shoes fit correctly then they will not damage your feet. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

A picture tells more than a 1000 words.

A look at following x-ray pictures of feet in heels proves how flexible this body member is. On the black and white pic there is also a top view clearly showing a foot fully at ease and not squeezed at all in a more pointed toe.

Posted Image

The color x-ray shows the effects of a higher heel. While my feet are not deformed by 3 decades on heels I notice in bed my feet are also always pointed down. This explains the pains in my feet when wearing real flats or barefooted.

Posted Image

Just by looking at these pictures I can imagine the second higher heel being much more comfortable due to the lower arch being better supported as the hollow part below the foot on the lower heel.

Anybody else noticed their feet position in bed?

PS: I found those x-rays somewhere on the web, these are neither my feet or heels.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 1 year later...

After 30+ years in stilettos ranging from from 4.5" to 6", no hammer toes, no bunions, no knee/foot/back problems whatsoever. I must admit when I wear flats my calves & tendons pull a bit. Nothing I can't tollerate.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I think it probably has to do with the fit of the shoes. I once saw a woman wearing sandals, and her toes were all squashed together as though in a pointed shoe. It looked awful. I like the look of high arches, but squashed toes really don't do it for me!

Interesting question.... I am lucky with my feet because they are narrow so I have no problems with the toes. My arches unfortunately are another story. I cannot wear flat shoes any more. I have been wearing 4-5 inch heels for several years now. I love them and don't feel I am losing out in any way.

• 7 years later...

Hi all,

intersting discussion but very very long time ago! I was reading the old posts in our board and I found this interesting thread.

For the ones that posted in the past: Are there any changes in the shape of your feet since than?

I still have my mail-exchange with Amina in my mind and I have to say that I am more critical and sensitive concering my own feet since than.

I have to admit, that more than ten years of wearing high heels on a daily basis, 4-6 inch, mostly 4.5-5 inch, have taken their tribute on my toes ...

I have to confess that - due to vanity - I also have worn shoes in the past, that were to small (up to 3 sizes, a bally vintage from 1961 I had to have). I try to avoid this now, but sometimes vanity is stronger...

So I think I have some kind of a high heel foot shape now but it is quite o.k. for me.

My bf is wild to caress my formed (deformed?) toes after work, he says that I have "real womens feet";-)

I take tis as a compliment.

Love

Susi

• Like 1

I'm also in this situation, as you said, i had a lot of high heels in a smaller size and wearing them very often, made me a lot of corns and blisters. My husband enjoy my feet and always he is ready to massage my toes after one day of wearing such shoes. I cannot say that i have a real high heel foot shape but my toes are curled with corns on top which make my walk very painful.

Real womans feet lol funny you said that Susi, my b/friend said the same thing once when i was talking about my feet being shaped from wearing pointy heels alot, and as far as wearing small size shoes that are tight my b/friend said a tight shoe esp pumps look better than shoes that are not tight, vanity dose take over some times but i will admit it has ruined my feet over years of heel wearing,xx Sharon

shaz

I've always taken great care to select well fitting quality shoes made only of leather. I choose to wear round or almond toes over pointy ones, although I do wear points on occasion. I also wear only leather shoes and am very fussy about my arches being supported. I think my feet have survived very well considering. No bunions or overlapping toes. I do find I have problems with wearing low heels or flats (actually I just dont at all) I find it pulls horribly on the backs of my legs so I don't wear flats at all anymore as a consequence. The only noticeable difference between my feet and others (apart from the immaculate pedicure..lol) is that my toes wont go flat if I try to put my foot flat on the floor.They just won't make contact. I can't say I mind too much but I don't really want to be in heels still when I'm 75!

• 2 months later...

I've always taken great care to select well fitting quality shoes made only of leather.

I choose to wear round or almond toes over pointy ones, although I do wear points on occasion.

I also wear only leather shoes and am very fussy about my arches being supported.

I think my feet have survived very well considering. No bunions or overlapping toes.

I do find I have problems with wearing low heels or flats (actually I just dont at all) I find it pulls horribly on the backs of my legs so I don't wear flats at all anymore as a consequence. The only noticeable difference between my feet and others (apart from the immaculate pedicure..lol) is that my toes wont go flat if I try to put my foot flat on the floor.They just won't make contact.

I can't say I mind too much but I don't really want to be in heels still when I'm 75!

Hi Amanda,

you must be very lucky! I am also wearing only quality shoes (well maybe when I started wearing heels I had some cheaper pumps) but they have taken their tibute on my toes and foot shape.

May I ask what is wrong in wearing high heels at age 75?

Susi

I've been wearing heels for a good number of years (see how I dodged the revealing of any specific clues regarding my age) and I've not noticed any changes in the shape of my feet as a result. Though its interesting to note that my shoe size is now about a half-size smaller than it used to be. I'm not at all sure why that is though.

• 1 month later...

I'm certainly getting a high heel foot shape. No bunions or overlaps yet thank goodness, but my toes are most comfortable when they're flexed at an angle to the rest of my foot, in the position they would be when wearing a heel, and my big toes point toward the centre line of each foot, rather than straight ahead as they did when I was a child. In an odd kind of way it makes me feel grown up and glamorous. Real women's feet indeed. If I'm still around at the age of 75, I hope to still be in high heels, especially when you consider the alternative . . . Alexa

• Like 1

If you rotate every so often between footwear with narrow toe boxes and wide toe boxes, you might be able to avoid having your shape altered. Wearing padding also helps. I have to admit though, most of my boots and pumps have narrow toe boxes as I find that shape more glamorous .......